• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA announced for XBLA, PSN

Great news (even though everyone already knew), used to love it when i was younger and its one of my wife's most loved games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
USA
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

EUR
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

JPN
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

diffusionx

Gold Member
PJX said:
Ugh why do Debbie Downers always have to shit up a joyous thread?

:/

Daytona hasn't had a good port history. The first one played great but the graphics were butchered. The second one had good graphics but the mechanics were off. Daytona on DC was beautiful and had tons of content, but the controls were completely broken and online was unplayably bad.

I hope Sega got their act together but fans have reasons to be suspicious.

PJX

dreamcastmaster said:
Because of the 4 previous versions not being accurate enough. It's a self defense mechanism old Sega fans have to have.

I'm an old Sega fan and I have faith because of Outrun, Afterburner Climax, Sega Rally Online, Virtual On and Guardian Heroes. They were great ports.

BiggNife

diffusionx said:
Daytona hasn't had a good port history. The first one played great but the graphics were butchered. The second one had good graphics but the mechanics were off. Daytona on DC was beautiful and had tons of content, but the controls were completely broken and online was unplayably bad.

I hope Sega got their act together but fans have reasons to be suspicious.
Chances are this is going to be more or less Sega Racing Classic with all of the Daytona-licensed stuff back in. I've played SRC multiple times at boardwalk arcades and it seemed like it was as good as an update as they could do without the license. Controls were fine, no technical issues.

Xater

Suzzopher said:
Europe have to wait until November is that for both XBLA and PSN?

That's what it sounds like. North American gets it for both in October and for whatever dubious reason we have to wait until late November. Why do we have to wait? Especially for a digital release?

raptorjesus.gif

WAIT WHAT LATE NOV FOR EUROPE?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pretty ridiculous that Europe has to wait. I'll be buying a $20 card and buying from the US store though. The $10 left over will get me one of the PS2 games.

Xater said:
That's not what the Press release say, but whatever. either way I am pissed.

Live Arcade releases are worldwide. I can't think of a single game that was released in only one region. (which wasn't a mistake like Guardian Heroes)

ACH1LL3US

Tobi said:

Glorious!!!!! It looks amazing!! I was going in to watch the video and was expecting a horrible MESS but was shocked to see how smooth and beautiful the game looks! DAY Zero....

BTW it looks like it is Sega Racing Classic with all of the Daytona stuff put back in :0 I hope they bring Daytona 2 and Scud Race next :p Oh and Sega rally 2 :0

Isamu hype incoming ..... I hope

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Diablohead said:
raptorjesus.gif

WAIT WHAT LATE NOV FOR EUROPE?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
November on EU PSN.

XBLA is 26th Oct worldwide.

xemumanic

Rumor has it Elsemi, the developer of the Model 2 emulator, is the developer of this title. It's possible its true, but since Sega Racing Classic was running on Sega's Ringwide hardware (basically a PC) before his emulator got to a state where it was running well (at least I believe so), maybe not. This implies Sega has the source code/assets still, and didn't need to reverse engineer/emulate the game.

xemumanic said:
Rumor has it Elsemi, the developer of the Model 2 emulator, is the developer of this title. It's possible its true, but since Sega Racing Classic was running on Sega's Ringwide hardware (basically a PC) before his emulator got to a state where it was running well (at least I believe so), maybe not. This implies Sega has the source code/assets still, and didn't need to reverse engineer/emulate the game.

I'd believe it; the game still includes the pop-in of the original.

This needs to sell well enough for Sega to reward us with Daytona 2.

Ogni-XR21

Kind of let down about the EU PSN release date... but other than that great news.

Also as someone already stated before, DC already had online so this is nothing new to Daytona unlike the press release states.

SkylineRKR

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Pretty ridiculous that Europe has to wait. I'll be buying a $20 card and buying from the US store though. The $10 left over will get me one of the PS2 games.

The same fucking bullshit happened with Sega Rally 3. It won't stop me from buying it from the US store but the community will probably already be small as is, a delay in one region isn't doing the game any favors.

Top Bottom