• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA announced for XBLA, PSN

hPpeE.jpg

My engine is ready.

GrayFoxPL

m0dus said:
I got wind of this a couple months ago when I worked on something related that I can't mention. But soon!

What is related to daytona usa?

Omg Fighters Megamix is coming to psn???!!

I love it.
There's something so amazingly timeless about Daytona USA.

There's a Dave and Busters with an original Daytona USA 8-Player linked deluxe setup here in Atlanta, and I swear every weekend, those things are jam packed and poppin'

Dommel

Ogni-XR21 said:
Kind of let down about the EU PSN release date... but other than that great news.

Also as someone already stated before, DC already had online so this is nothing new to Daytona unlike the press release states.

I don't understand the EU PSN delay, it can't have anything to do with XBLA exclusive because it's releasing in the same week in NA.

Why SEGA, WHY!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So if you're a PS+ member, the game will be $7.

ACH1LL3US

twinturbo2 said:
I love you Sega, now please tell me you have the source code and assets for Daytona USA 2...

Yea, just need to add Daytona 2 and sega rally 1 and 2 to the mix here... if done in the same loving manner as Daytona I would be there day 1 for all of them.

GrayFoxPL

twinturbo2 said:
I love you Sega, now please tell me you have the source code and assets for Daytona USA 2...

Sega: We usually wrote our source codes on napkins in McDonald. They disintegrated.

Gaspode_T

This is nearly worthy of another new UK Resistance post.

I'm actually kind of surprised it's the old game in HD instead of something regurgitated. Sega fans everywhere really need to band together and make this one a success to show that just adding online + achievements is really almost all that needs to be done to re-release 32-bit and later classic games. It sounds like a lot of work went into this anyway, I'm really hoping it will be a success because it would pave the way for other games (Nights, Shenmue, etc).

Trojan X

Banned
I believe the person behind this is the SAME super talented guy who created the M2 Emulator version. THANK GOODNESS!!! If true, then that is the BEST MOVE SEGA has ever MADE for over several years!!!

Now, everything will comes down to support. Let's hope they'll go crazy with competitions and other opportunities for everything to really push some major bragging rights.

Demathe

Neo Member
This is so fucking awesome!!

The true arcade version with the classic handling, HD 60fps graphics, online multiplayer, original soundtrack AND wheel support? Is it the 25th yet?!!? :p

Hope the game supports G25/G27 too, got my playseat set up with a G27.

So gonna double dip on both PSN and XBLA versions.
Anyone up for setting up a Daytona USA racing league? :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
andymcc said:
as others say, it's way different. this one looks kind of shit tbh.

Never knew that. You can play the arcade classic in EAD anyway (meaning you play the old, 8-bit one).

Xater

I really need Sega Rallye 2 and Daytona USA 2. Shouldn't those be even easier ports because the hard was similar to the Dreamcast?

KageMaru

Dommel said:
I don't understand the EU PSN delay, it can't have anything to do with XBLA exclusive because it's releasing in the same week in NA.

Why SEGA, WHY!

I know in the past, Sony would do a separate PSN certification process per region while MS did one single certification that applied to all regions. This may be the reason, though I thought I read in the past that Sony was changing this procedure.

RIK

Neo Member
Waited so many years, i think i can wait a month longer (for the euro version).
So where is Daytona 2 now Sega?

Trojan X

Banned
RIK said:
Waited so many years, i think i can wait a month longer (for the euro version).
So where is Daytona 2 now Sega?

I gather when the SuperModel emulator is perfect we'll start to get Model 3 games. So... Maybe in 1 year depending on the emu developers.

Top Bottom