• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

RaptorGTA

anyone having weird modem issues? Everytime I play DayZ my modem randomly looses internet. I have to reset the modem for it to come back on. Maybe its just paranoia.

Doppelganger

Neo Member
I hopped on briefly last night and was in berizino. Looted the hospital and one of the stores and found plenty. Nothing seemed any different.

ZenVolta

Right now SE 3 is a wreck overall. 1100 zombies at all times cuts my frame rate by like half. Funny thing is, I dont see that many more zombies. I wonder if they are hiding them under the map or theyre glitched

anyone having weird modem issues? Everytime I play DayZ my modem randomly looses internet. I have to reset the modem for it to come back on. Maybe its just paranoia.

If you have time, take a look through the thread. I recall someone having a very similar issue when playing the game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you have time, take a look through the thread. I recall someone having a very similar issue when playing the game.

It usually has something to do with max supported connections. A server browser refresh that doesn't stagger the requests can easily overload max connections.

How come there are absolutely no players in the interior cities/towns? Pretty much everyone is in Cherno or Elektro or somewhere along that coast line. Me, I've become a hermit somewhere in the hinterlands.

Jhriad

How come there are absolutely no players in the interior cities/towns? Pretty much everyone is in Cherno or Elektro or somewhere along that coast line. Me, I've become a hermit somewhere in the hinterlands.

I was a hermit for my entire time playing the game. At some point you've gotten all the gear you desire and your only "goal" is simply to survive as long as you can. It gets really dull after Day 10. Made it to Day 16 once and at that point I was just bull rushing into the airfields hoping for some action because wandering the wilderness after you've "finished" equipping yourself as well as is possible there's not much to do for people that aren't interested in PVP (me).

News Bot

Banned
servers with old versions still work

Nope, game doesn't let me join them. I would have to downgrade.

Anyway, had a decent half hour run. Managed to get an AKM, tons of ammo, food and drink. Then suddenly, while inside the Elektro power plant, the game decides to kill me on the spot. Nobody else around (only 14 on the server). I just go into shock and die. What the fuck is this shit?

shouts

Neo Member
I've got a Camo outfit in game, is it likely that my character will lose everything if I try to play with this recent patch?

ZenVolta

All right, thanks. I've heard that a hotfix is out but that didn't fix the issue I guess?

Hot fix isnt out yet. You can test it right now if you like though. But im pretty sure they didnt fix it completely yet. Right now it looks like they are really pushing this item cleanup thing

The M.O.B

Yeah, no point in playing with this latest patch because nothing is saving. 5 hours of progess yesterday completely erased.

Started off yesterday in the Hills of Berezino. Found a Coyote Backpack in a tent. Later in my travels I found a tractor. Then I came upon a crashed chopper with a fully loaded Fal and a AS50 which I put in my pack. Also found a Bison PP-19 SD which I put in the Tractor. Went to the NW Airfield and then logged off in the forest behind it.

This was in the span of about 5 hours of play yesterday.

Today? My character is back in the Hills of Berezino without my Coyote Backpack, without my fully loaded Fal, without my AS50, without my Bison PP-19 SD and without my tractor...........

ibkTXCtFFOciMM.gif

I feel awful, I killed a guy and he had a lot of gear. I imagine they are pretty upset right now. Now his friends have me trapped in a building, they say they just want his gear back, but I can't trust them. I wanted a person to come in and I would place the items in their pack, but obviously after killing their friend they are not interested. I try and run I die, they storm the building they might get me, but not after I kill two or three of them.

docbon

I feel awful, I killed a guy and he had a lot of gear. I imagine they are pretty upset right now. Now his friends have me trapped in a building, they say they just want his gear back, but I can't trust them. I wanted a person to come in and I would place the items in their pack, but obviously after killing their friend they are not interested. I try and run I die, they storm the building they might get me, but not after I kill two or three of them.

if you are in cherno i may be able to do something in the next few minutes.

If only we had a helicopter. We could end this siege in a classy fashion.

Ha, there is a ladder to the roof. I'm in one of those 5 story apartment buildings, with the super noisy stairs so I'll know if the storm the place. I have to say even with all the bugs in this game and all the annoyances, never have I been so nervous that my hands were shaking in a game till now.

I would advise against coming up here, I don't want more people to die, but if you do decide to come up here, im in the tall apartment building that overlooks the military camp

Just tried to play on the GAF server for the first time. It's fine, until my friend and I were kicked off the game. Do you guys kick for high ping or something? I'm from the UK, but I'm on a 100Mbdown/10Mbup connection...

:(

Just tried to play on the GAF server for the first time. It's fine, until my friend and I were kicked off the game. Do you guys kick for high ping or something? I'm from the UK, but I'm on a 100Mbdown/10Mbup connection...

If your ping exceeds 250, then yes. But it should tell you that you're being kicked for ping. If you didn't receive a message then it might be Battleye.

1 hour into the siege, and I haven't heard from my would be captors in nearly half an hour. Question is, are they gone, or are they waiting for me to leave?

RS4-

I forgot that I've got Arma 2 for free from GMG a while ago. Too bad I still need Arrowhead or something; hopefully it shows up in Steam sale.

The M.O.B

Ha, there is a ladder to the roof. I'm in one of those 5 story apartment buildings, with the super noisy stairs so I'll know if the storm the place. I have to say even with all the bugs in this game and all the annoyances, never have I been so nervous that my hands were shaking in a game till now.

I would advise against coming up here, I don't want more people to die, but if you do decide to come up here, im in the tall apartment building that overlooks the military camp

I see YOU!

The anti-cheat code in the game does not take kindly to latency spikes as I've found out several times recently.

I'm also on 2Mb Down/500Kb Up :(

crap, I was running around in the apartments, I saw some dude crouched at the top of the stairs and i started shooting, sorry if that was you. Then a female came out of the other apartment and I ran off.

Nah man its cool, stay safe.

If I could I'd join the mumble, but things are getting testy now.

Yes, after 2 hours the standoff is over, thanks to M.O.B and the invisible gaf army. Honestly at the end I thought it was going to end in a blood bath but, it seems they left. Though in all seriousness thanks M.O.B I wouldn't of lasted up there much longer.

Amish

Neo Member
god how much i hate broken bones.. seriously, i broke my bones and started bleeding after getting scweezed by a door i opened and by proning in a small room.

Shawsie64

Banned
Just started getting into this.. Is there a print out of the controls somewhere? Can anyone tell me what is voice chat works in game and what the button for it is, is it only between to people close to each other?

legacyzero

Banned
Yes, after 2 hours the standoff is over, thanks to M.O.B and the invisible gaf army. Honestly at the end I thought it was going to end in a blood bath but, it seems they left. Though in all seriousness thanks M.O.B I wouldn't of lasted up there much longer.
HOLY SHIT.

littleworm got rescued by fellow GAF?

HELL YEAH.

Shawsie64

Banned
Awesome thanks guys :)

Had an intense noobie experience last night on my first outing. Spawned and was running in the Forrest, trying to stay away from roads, towards a town when I heard vaguely distant sniper fire.. I started tracking where the fire was coming from when I heard the cracks of the bullets going over my head. I could tell I was on the right track and figured the guy was sniping the town so I hit the deck and started crawling towards the sound. Stopping for a few minutes at a time when the shots stopped. Eventually after 15 or so minutes of crawling up the hill I heard a reload sound and could tell he was near. At this point in time i'm shitting myself but decide to crouch and confront this guy. When I get upon him hes unarmed with a horrid looking face (does this mean low humanity?) and he starts saying in a startled tone that he doesn't have anything and asking me if i'm friendly. I didn't know what voice chat was at the time so I just trained my pistol at his head.. He starts asking me If I have a spare axe or something and at that point I just bugged out and ran, he started running in the other direction.

So much adrenaline going through my body at that point. First time in any game I've actually been hesitant to shoot someone.

yeah, i noticed that too. basically if i brake a bone i respawn.. cant crawl around looking for a morphine injector..

I've pretty much ended up making hospital visits the first thing I do on spawn (unless I have to break in, and at that point a hatchet takes the #1 spot). Grab 5, start the trek back at 2, rinse and repeat. It's a shitty process and I'm hoping it becomes more reasonable with future patches.

Top Bottom