• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan SIlvestri's score for the first Captain American is the only thing resembling actual music that can be found in any of the MCU flicks. Did Winter Soldier even have a score?

Didn't expect you to pay enough attention, but Bucky's theme is great. Works excellently in Civil War as well.

Beautiful Lie is an awesome soundtrack.

TDK trilogy is where zimmer gave us his most dope capeshit. Still get chills during the last scene of TDKR and the song he plays during the bruce eulogy and montage.

And he did an admirable job of following up Williams with an original superman theme. Freaking wack that Snyder did not reuse it for BvS aside from a slowed down sadder version.

Dead

well not really...yet
There was really no context to use it.

Im sure it will come back in Justice League.

Didn't expect you to pay enough attention, but Bucky's theme is great. Works excellently in Civil War as well.

Beautiful Lie is an awesome soundtrack.
Winter Soldier is one of the few MCU movies that isn't a shitflick, but while the thing itself was good, it's score was as forgettable as those other movies.

yeah i can't really think of a spot where it would work. except a few uplifting notes (and not just thunderous drums lol) when he was regenerating and getting ready to come back to the fight would have been nice.

or like just drop a couple notes of the williams theme before he shoves that spear up doomsday's candy ass.

Winter Soldier is one of the few MCU movies that isn't a shitflick, but while the thing itself was good, it's score was as forgettable as those other movies.

I don't know, I only really recall a handful of MCU themes, maybe one per movie. With TWS, a few stood out: Bucky's, Cap when he fell from the Helicarrier, Cap when he fucked up that Quinjet, Cap vs. Bucky on the highway, and of course his own theme that played in the beginning for his morning jog etc.

Contrast that with MoS, of which I only remember Clark's theme, and BvS, which only Beautiful Lie and WW's were memorable, and I'd say CBMs in general are on pretty even level in terms of scores.

Even DOFP was pretty meh score-wise, the one used during Magneto's speech was nice, I suppose.

I don't really pay attention to score when watching a movie unless it really flows well with what's happening on-screen. 90% of the time it's just background noise to me.

Dead

well not really...yet
The opening tiles were hype as fuck because it was the return of the original X-Men opening titles theme from Singer's original movies.

The opening tiles were hype as fuck because it was the return of the original X-Men opening titles theme from Singer's original movies.

man i remember how happy i was when i left the theaters on that one, opening with the OG xmen theme, ending with the OG team. it was like a glimpse of the Xmen 3 we deserved. nothing since comic book wise really made me feel like that.

maybe suicide squad will be the one. i'm a big batman and joker mark.

Ashhong

Umm...so? We weren't talking about MCU scores specifically so I'm not sure why you have such a big axe to grind.

lowqualitybait.jpg

What the fuck? Axe to grind? It was like my only post on the matter. And you specifically mentioned some dude's score in Winter Soldier.

guek

Banned
What the fuck? Axe to grind? It was like my only post on the matter. And you specifically mentioned some dude's score in Winter Soldier.
We were talking about Henry Jackman's body of work, so the specific potshot at the MCU wasn't really related to what was being discussed. Basically, I don't know why you chose to respond to what I was saying with MCU bashing.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
All MCU scores are just awful and so is Henry Jackman.

Zimmer's work (particularly his MoS theme which is GOAT) is just brilliant. Huge loss for DC.

guek

Banned

That's harsh, man.

Anywho, I never liked the MoS score as much as the next guy but that might be more because of my dislike of Snyder's direction. Still, I tend to prefer Zimmer on non comicbook movie stuff. I don't think he's the peerless god some people make him out to be and usually prefer the likes of Elfman, Silverestri, or Williams.

Raptor

Zimmer's work (particularly his MoS theme which is GOAT) is just brilliant. Huge loss for DC.

Agreed, but I do liked Thor OST to be honest, there was a couple of tracks that were hype.

Cant say I even remember the other movies OSTs at all.

MisterHero

You're wrong!

At least regarding Alan Silvestri's work.

TWO Cap themes and the Avengers theme.

but yeah the others are meh. Hulk can't use Lonely Man anymore, it'd put the original scores to shame

I'm not gonna lie, I actually don't like Junkie at all as a composer. I hope he doesn't do Ben's Batman film.
Just get his Argo composer, he's pretty good, Alexandre Desplat.

really? tell me this wouldn't be perfect for a batman movie. god tier.

god that moment in the movie was amazing. best movie of the decade for me. which is pretty tough too considering some of the great stuff that's come out (tree of life, social network etc.)

when that plays in the car i'm really tempted to speed lol.

in a batman context it could be used like this from the dark knight soundtrack
https://youtu.be/ox7S0Nttbh0?t=2m35s

really? tell me this wouldn't be perfect for a batman movie. god tier.
I don't want loud music actually, Zimmer did that already. I actually don't remember Mad Max score, I thought the movie was decent, but not as great as Gaf made it seem to be.

I want something more subtle, a more detective theme.

Huh, no mention of Bruce Wayne even though Ben was spotted at this trailer in Bruce Wayne clothing. Figured there would be a Wayne/Waller scene for sure.

Yeah, weird omission. Again though, all this info is coming from the preview screenings. Hopefully WB is just holding onto the scenes until release.

MAFEX Suicide Squad Harley Quinn and Joker: http://news.toyark.com/2016/05/23/mafex-suicide-squad-harley-quinn-joker-205018
OONmwLl.jpg
XDyZbvi.jpg
pFXBBjq.jpg
HvDgGZJ.jpg
xuYJxsB.jpg
jJHdhwJ.jpg
SKm35m0.jpg
5DqymYw.jpg
mMpcO7g.jpg
YgOXGZA.jpg

dqtl5dT.jpg
NxfKyOq.jpg
QSUiicD.jpg
EGKvEBn.jpg
vd2HUQy.jpg
nXzuELG.jpg
wpHKafz.jpg
Joker is scheduled to be out in December, and Harley in January. They should be around $50 each.

These look awesome...but I'll probably just stick to Mattel's DC Multiverse figures, considering the price and how far away they are. Still waiting on them to reveal Harley, which is supposed to be out next month along with Deadshot, Katana, Captain Boomerang, Joker, and Batman, which were all revealed months ago. Don't know if I'll get the Joker (not a big fan of his look) and Batman (especially since he's the same sculpt as the Batman v Superman figure I already got in January, but with new accessories), but I might get Captain Boomerang, and I'm definitely getting Deadshot and Katana, and Harley if she looks good. Collecting them all will let you build Killer Croc.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's harsh, man.

Anywho, I never liked the MoS score as much as the next guy but that might be more because of my dislike of Snyder's direction. Still, I tend to prefer Zimmer on non comicbook movie stuff. I don't think he's the peerless god some people make him out to be and usually prefer the likes of Elfman, Silverestri, or Williams.

How dare you not like something I like. And more than that: how dare you speak ill of the Lord. Telling you man, Zimmer's MoS theme>>>>all.

Agreed, but I do liked Thor OST to be honest, there was a couple of tracks that were hype.

Cant say I even remember the other movies OSTs at all.

I can't remember anything, not a single one. Only the Avengers one and it's boring. Henry Jackman recently talked about Black Panthers theme...I was like; he had a theme? Where, when? Bucky has a theme too? I honestly can't remember.

You're wrong!

At least regarding Alan Silvestri's work.

TWO Cap themes and the Avengers theme.

but yeah the others are meh. Hulk can't use Lonely Man anymore, it'd put the original scores to shame

I'm never wrong!

Batman-News link reads more like speculation from trailers and pictures then it is from screenings.

I stopped frequenting that site when he attacked his own readers for complaining about posting articles with Faraci as the source. He even gave out a weak ass defense saying how Faraci was wrong about some stuff but also had broke stories, like Doomsday being in the movie. No mention of the Suicide Squad rumors that were more slanderous than a breaking story, or the fact that Devin actively trolls DC fans, like before the premiere he tweeted how he was excited to write his review of the movie, or just the fact that the dude is overall unstable. I get why people like to post Faraci stuff, he posts sensationalist rumors that get people hits which is money in their pocket and I don't mind most rumors but, if your going to do all that to spite your audiences and post stuff from a provocateur of drama, then I'd rather not give you the hits. I'm more of a comicbook.com guy now.

IconGrist

When Superman returns from the dead and roflstomps Darkseid while his theme is blaring you will all kneel down and bow before the successor to Williams.

plz don't fuk it up Snyder

SJRB

Gold Member
When Superman returns from the dead and roflstomps Darkseid while his theme is blaring you will all kneel down and bow before the successor to Williams.

plz don't fuk it up Snyder

9SUndgi.gif

The Extended Cut could be just 30 minutes of Superman majestically hanging in the sky and I'd be totally cool with that

Ashhong

We were talking about Henry Jackman's body of work, so the specific potshot at the MCU wasn't really related to what was being discussed. Basically, I don't know why you chose to respond to what I was saying with MCU bashing.

MCU bashing? You were talking about music, mentioned an MCU movie, so I chimed in to give my feelings on said composer, stating how his music is as unmemorable as the rest of the MCU.

Don't be so defensive and quick to jump down other's throats. Not everybody is out to get MCU as you are with DCEU.

guek

Banned
MCU bashing? You were talking about music, mentioned an MCU movie, so I chimed in to give my feelings on said composer, stating how his music is as unmemorable as the rest of the MCU.

Don't be so defensive and quick to jump down other's throats. Not everybody is out to get MCU as you are with DCEU.
LOL ok buddy. You didn't mention Jackman at all which is why it came across strange and unrelated but ok. And I've never been "out to get the DCEU" nor am I being defensive but ok buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom