• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Tatum would be the best casting for the dcu heroes even over affleck tbh

Especially for somebody like Shazam

Dudes awesome

But we really going by a guy following a dude on Twitter? He's gambit. It will film later this year

It's a slow news cycle
And JOhns followed him too

I mean where there's smoke...

Geoff Johns makes it more curious for sure. But then what's happening with gambit I wonder

Edit: delayed filming until December lmao. Maybe he just might jump ship to a DC movie

Geoff Johns makes it more curious for sure. But then what's happening with gambit I wonder

Edit: delayed filming until December lmao. Maybe he just might jump ship to a DC movie

Deadpool happened. Gambit was rumored to be the bridge for the X-Men franchise at Fox, correct? They don't need him quite as much anymore.

Loxley

Deadpool happened. Gambit was rumored to be the bridge for the X-Men franchise at Fox, correct? They don't need him quite as much anymore.

Yeah, I have zero doubt that Deadpool's completely unforeseen runaway success kind of threw a monkey wrench into whatever the hell Fox's original plans for their X-verse were post-Apocalypse (or at least post-Wolverine 3).

Well, when the 'spin-off' does 50 million more opening weekend than the mainline film, the other spin-off might be lost in the shuffle ironically.

"Make it funnier! Make it raunchier! Make it rated R!"
"Channing are you with cool jerking off on screen bro?"

Penguin

Seems like followed them all on Instagram as well...

This isn't me finding this stuff, by the by!

CnKwuGW.png

Maddocks

Tatum vs The Rock would be an amazing movie. Get it done some how. If Ryan can go from Green Lantern to Deadpool, then Tatum can go from Gambit to Shazam.

I saw some Suicide Squad shirts and posters at the mall, some based on the movie, some on the comics. Didn't buy anything, though. I'm waiting on the movie toys before I buy anything.

Also, I saw a movie Harley Quinn cosplayer walking down the street with a guy dressed as Akuma on the way home. Haha. Pretty sure that they were at Megacon. I saw a lot of cosplayers (like Goku, female Toad, Jedi's, the Spanish Inquisition) walking around the streets on the way home. It looks like there were quite a few Harley's, Joker's, and even some Katana's there, going by Instagram and what my brother that went there said. Not sure about any of the other characters yet.

I still have no idea why Channing was cast as Gambit. He does not fit my image of the character at all. Even in the body builder Age of Apocalypse parallel universe.

Dead

well not really...yet
That's like 99% chance he was offered Cyborg
I find Flash more believable, not to mention it's rumoured Cyborg might be featured in it.

Besides, think it's wierd that it seems to be the expectation that a black director can only be fit for a black superhero movie, rather than have the choice to do any he wants.

BadAss2961

I still have no idea why Channing was cast as Gambit. He does not fit my image of the character at all. Even in the body builder Age of Apocalypse parallel universe.
Wasn't he the one pressing for awhile? Kinda like Reynolds with Deadpool?

I'm not really a fan, but yeah, he could pull off Shazam. Dye that hair black and he's good to go.

Besides, think it's wierd that it seems to be the expectation that a black director can only be fit for a black superhero movie, rather than have the choice to do any he wants.

aye i didn't make the rules. but it's the pattern that's been presented to us so far when you look at all the directors marvel approached for black panther and the rumored people for cyborg.

plus man i was hoping for a really inspired choice for flash. like raimi/wright tier. i guess anything else was gonna look disappointing tho by comparison tbh. i thought dope was hella corny after the first half hour. whatever, it's cool that he's being given this big opportunity after a small movie. (allegedly. we'll see if an announcement pops up soon)

i could see him working well with shazam though.

J_Viper

Irons on BvS. I hope he does't get in trouble!

When confronted by the fact that his movie got a ruthless kicking by critics, he said, "Deservedly so. I mean it took £800 million, so the kicking didn’t matter but it was sort of overstuffed…"
He went on to add, "It was very muddled. I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it’s more linear," offering some hope that the next DCEU film could perhaps be a littler better. As for what's in it for him he frankly said, "I’m tied into The Batman at the minute [the next instalment, Justice League Part One, is due next year], which is nice because it’s a bit of income… Not that I need a bit of income but it’s nice to keep ticking over

Interesting about the JL script being tighter. Perhaps Terrio, free from Goyer's blueprints, can really deliver this time

Source is from ComicBookMovie, not sure if they're banned here

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Interesting about the JL script being tighter. Perhaps Terrio, free from Goyer's blueprints, can really deliver this time

I refuse to go into the OT once the thread is made. No way, José.

Ninjimbo

I like how he brushes it off by saying it made 800 million dollars lol. I love Irons' Alfred. I want to see more of him but I doubt we'll get a lot of him in JL.

IconGrist

I initially was under the impression that the execs wanted the movie cut down but going back and checking what I could find leads me to believe both Snyder and the execs got cold feet at the last minute about a 3 hour movie.

I don't think it would have improved the reception though. Much like Watchmen I think the ultimate cut will prove to be the better movie that is highly recommended but would still have failed had it been the one initially released. Does that make sense? I could try to elaborate but I'm on mobile for a while.

Ninjimbo

He insulted a movie he was in and Snyder worked hard on.
I'm guessing when you've made it to Hollywood you don't let stuff like a little criticism bother you. These people have been making movies for a huge portions of their lives and I feel it's perfectly normal to be self-critical of whatever they put out. Even Snyder himself called the version of BvS we saw "workable". I would guess he and everyone else knew the issues the movie had when they went through with it.

It's not like Irons threw anyone spefically under the bus either.

I initially was under the impression that the execs wanted the movie cut down but going back and checking what I could find leads me to believe both Snyder and the execs got cold feet at the last minute about a 3 hour movie.

I don't think it would have improved the reception though. Much like Watchmen I think the ultimate cut will prove to be the better movie that is highly recommended but would still have failed had it been the one initially released. Does that make sense? I could try to elaborate but I'm on mobile for a while.

People weren't going to like because it wasn't batman and superman being bestest buddies like on the super friends.

Effect

Looks like Jesse Eisenberg is back as Lex in Justice League. Figured that might be the case but this looks like the first confirmation but no telling how big of a role it would be.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ium=internal_links&utm_source=breaking_banner

Personally I like him as Lex. Then again I did not expect the cartoon well built businessman Lex. Especially since they said upfront that weren't going in that direction. It's not like movie Lex has ever been that in the first place. Hackman and Spacey certainly weren't playing him that. Speaking of Hackman he's why I call BS on a lot of people that complain about how Lex looked. Especially since for the bulk of Superman 1 his Lex had hair then people had the nerve to toss shit toward the BvS version because he had hair until the end. The closest to that cartoon version, which suddenly became the "standard" , was the live action Lex has been was on Smallville and that's it. Even the cartoon Lex isn't always what people think of when they think cartoon Lex. He goes through a lot of changes. There are many different versions of Lex. I've felt for a while people think know certain characters when in truth they either don't or they know only one particular version and then get on their soap box when another valid version shows up, even when they've been warned their version might not be appearing.

He's fine, and set for justice League and batman. Y'all overreacting over a harmless quote he made.

Edit: oh never mind you talking about snyder? I still think he makes both justice League movies in the end. I don't see him getting kicked off the sequel.

Irons, Affleck, and zimmer were the only redeeming qualities of the movie, they NEED him not the other way around. He outdid Caine in less time TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom