• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get too comic book Nerd, but basically the Speed Force itself absorbs the bulk of hits that happen against the Flash, it's not to the level of Supes, but he can take super strong punches in the comics and be ok.

It's a peculiar power set to define. Theoretically the .000001 second anything makes contact with a speedster, he can step back to avoid it. From time to time we see how Flash can catch a bullet shot to the back of his head in the time it makes contact but before it penetrates his skin. Yet you have situations where Batman and Deathstroke manage to incapacitate speedsters using bizarre tactics like sticking where Flash will be; in a sense Flash runs into their attacks.

Penguin

Umberto confirms that JL will be at Comic Con (Heroic Insider 11)... not sure in what form though.

I could have confirmed that!

It's a no-brainer

Especially since not gonna be able to sit on most everything for another year

Bleepey

Not to get too comic book Nerd, but basically the Speed Force itself absorbs the bulk of hits that happen against the Flash, it's not to the level of Supes, but he can take super strong punches in the comics and be ok.

e1Y2fTI.jpg

Guys, Wonder Woman will be at Comic Con. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but I have it on good authority it will be making an appearance!

Obviously sarcasm based on Mayimbe's sky is blue JL/SDCC scoop. Please don't ban.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Can we talk about how Baldman wanted to marry Lois. I mean, I like Amy Adams as much as the next guy. But just after 18 months of meeting her? Dude, too soon.

Also, the montage with Supes saving people while pundits talking about him was just awesome. Loved that part. Especially the music. Chills man.

a916

Guys, Wonder Woman will be at Comic Con. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but I have it on good authority it will be making an appearance!

Obviously sarcasm based on Mayimbe's sky is blue JL/SDCC scoop. Please don't ban.

This is the DC thread, if you want to make jokes there's another OT thread that you're welcome to join.

Can we talk about how Baldman wanted to marry Lois. I mean, I like Amy Adams as much as the next guy. But just after 18 months of meeting her? Dude, too soon.

Also, the montage with Supes saving people while pundits talking about him was just awesome. Loved that part. Especially the music. Chills man.

Can you really put a date on love?

Latest rumor is SS is getting a full screening at Comic Con.

Makes sense if WB is confident in it. It's, what, two or three weeks before it hits theaters?

Thinking about it, is WB the only studio bringing comic films to SDCC? I believe Marvel Studios is skipping. Fox has Wolverine 3 but it barely began filming. Spider-Man Homecoming from Sony is too soon.

The Wonder Woman or JL teasers at SDCC. Hope the lesson from last year is, let's just release this stuff instead of playing silly games with potato cams.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Makes sense if WB is confident in it. It's, what, two or three weeks before it hits theaters?

Thinking about it, is WB the only studio bringing comic films to SDCC? I believe Marvel Studios is skipping. Fox has Wolverine 3 but it barely began filming. Spider-Man Homecoming from Sony is too soon.

The Wonder Woman or JL teasers at SDCC. Hope the lesson from last year is, let's just release this stuff instead of playing silly games with potato cams.

DC going to win Comic Con, bruh!

Isn't it way too soon for a JL teaser though?

a916

Source? Hard time believing that one.

I want the Wonder Woman trailer so badly.

Just heard Umberto comment on it, and Star Trek Beyond is screening first at Comic Mind (mind you it releases the same weekend as Comic Con whereas Suicide Squad is 2 weeks earlier.) It wouldn't be much of a stretch if they expect good word of mouth, Civil War did fan screenings around North America 3 weeks in advance.

Tabby

I'm expecting at least a group picture, a Green Lantern confirmation would be dope as hell. I think it's too soon for a Justice League teaser.

Dayum, I prefer the new TV spot trailer over the NBA Finals one. I feel like it just encapsulates the tone of the movie better. Though I think I'm in the minority in that I'm not totally sold on the new DC logo... it's growing on me though.

Nah, I think I'm gonna vote Swamp Thing.

yXFDrd6.gif

I want to do this

CkheM9qWUAAn-dx.jpg

If my understanding is correct, one of the attractions is fighting alongside people dressed in Squad costumes. If so, you gotta be jealous of the guy dressed as Rope Guy, he has the easiest job in the world. Go out, die in the beginning, then go to the break room for fifteen minutes until the next group, rinse and repeat.

IconGrist

Am I weird for prioritizing the Wonder Woman trailer over whatever of Justice League is going to be shown? I kind of already know what to expect it being a Zack Snyder joint and all but WW is a complete mystery to me.

Am I weird for prioritizing the Wonder Woman trailer over whatever of Justice League is going to be shown? I kind of already know what to expect it being a Zack Snyder joint and all but WW is a complete mystery to me.

Not at all, I know what you mean. I'm very curious too... Especially since the director isn't as well known. Should be interesting.

Also, wasn't sure if this was posted but apparently WB is holding a contest to win Comic-Con tickets.

bkJDgJc.jpg

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/09/the-squad-up-suicide-squad-cosplay-contest

a916

I believe that's the mass consensus to be honest...

I'd rather just have the JL cast come out and talk about filming for a couple minutes and show a group photo. I don't need an 18 month footage window. I think that came back to haunt BvS and led to the Doomsday reveal.

J_Viper

Is there even any JL footage to show? I thought they've only been filming two months now. A group shot and some casting details is likely all we'll get.

Is there even any JL footage to show? I thought they've only been filming two months now. A group shot and some casting details is likely all we'll get.

The year before Guardians of the Galaxy came out, Gunn had cut together a teaser that ended up being almost identical to the first trailer.
They had been filming for one week.
Obviously, JL is a different production, but it's absolutely possible that we'd get a full teaser. That's what I'm expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom