• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Maybe they are afraid posting it because Marvel is waiting to pounce and post something to steal the thunder.

What are they going to post that would steal the thunder from the Wonder Woman movie? Unless the WW trailer is ass-tier Marvel may want to sit that one out and take notes for Captain Marvel.

Ashhong

There will be a full WW trailer and a JL teaser for sure. Something small like Bruce talking as the camera pans out to show a silhouette of the group. CC is not until July right? Fuck you guys for building hype so soon......the wait is torture

They will drop a Dr Strange trailer you have to bet, a real trailer (the last one was more of a teaser)

Dr Strange would over shadow WW trailer? and no way was that a teaser, it was like 2 minutes, showed ploy and character etc. The Batman signal/superman floating clip is a teaser.

a916

There will be a full WW trailer and a JL teaser for sure. Something small like Bruce talking as the camera pans out to show a silhouette of the group. CC is not until July right? Fuck you guys for building hype so soon......the wait is torture

Dr Strange would over shadow WW trailer? and no way was that a teaser, it was like 2 minutes, showed ploy and character etc. The Batman signal/superman floating clip is a teaser.

Marvel refers to it as a teaser and we really don't know where the movie is headed. While I think Wonder Woman would win out over all, I think Marvel releasing another MCU trailer would take a little wind out of WB's sail because of how much good will they have for them.

Ashhong

Marvel refers to it as a teaser and we really don't know where the movie is headed. While I think Wonder Woman would win out over all, I think Marvel releasing another MCU trailer would take a little wind out of WB's sail because of how much good will they have for them.

But that could happen at anytime with anything Marvel releases. The only thing that would be better for DC would be if Marvel released a Thor trailer. IMO it showed as much as any other standard trailer. It's an origin movie, with training/learning your powers, then fighting a bad guy.

A DC beat em up in the style of MK Shaolin Monks would be dope. Back during the PS2 days, when X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were kicking ass, I was excited for that Justice League game but it wasn't nearly as good as those.

Yeah. It feels like mid-budget games like that with these IPs are long dead now. Maaaybe one is thrown Platinum's way every once in a while but that's about it.

Would love a marvel ultimate alliance style game with DC characters.

Bleepey

Maybe they are afraid posting it because Marvel is waiting to pounce and post something to steal the thunder.

Joe Quesada claimed in a Kevin Smith podcast that Marvel don't do this shit to stop the wind in DC's sails, it's just so many comic book stuff come out that treading on toes can't be helped. That said it wouldn't surprise me the moment a Wonder Woman trailer is released, Luke Cage probably won't be far behind because Marvel think fuck DC that's why.

Ahasverus

So ive been checking out some live stuff from Letos band 30 seconds from mars...

motherfucker can sing yo
He does it everything, he's that guy from High School who succeeded in just everything he did, and he was in every group. He's also immortal.

Of all the non-animated portrayals of the Joker, Leto has the best laugh of all time IMO. I think a large part of that is do to his pipes and his musical ear.

ReiGun

Yeah. It feels like mid-budget games like that with these IPs are long dead now. Maaaybe one is thrown Platinum's way every once in a while but that's about it.

Would love a marvel ultimate alliance style game with DC characters.

This reminds me:

220px-PlatinumGames.png

+

wonder-woman-435.jpg

I need dat.

IconGrist

You know, I didn't know Jared Leto was the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars and I actively avoided playing their songs in Rock Band because I hated them. >_>

Now that I know
I still hate them. <_<

You know, I didn't know Jared Leto was the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars and I actively avoided playing their songs in Rock Band because I hated them. >_>

Now that I know
I still hate them. <_<

Corny band but he has a great voice for a front man.

I played the 30 Seconds to Mars songs a few times in the Rock Band games. Only yesterday did my younger brother and I realize that we had The Joker as the singer during those...

ngl9dZv.jpg

I doubt DC are worried Marvel will try something to upstage them. Hell I still believe Captain Marvel only got announced because a few weeks before it Wonder Woman was announced and well, Marvel not having any female-led projects lined up would look awkward. WW is the only movie they could have a trailer for and they want to show it alongside some JL stuff which is still filming.

Ahasverus

I'm still not sure how I'm going to take Simmons as Gordon and not JJ. The characters just look too similar, and of course, he was iconic.

Ninjimbo

Am I weird for prioritizing the Wonder Woman trailer over whatever of Justice League is going to be shown? I kind of already know what to expect it being a Zack Snyder joint and all but WW is a complete mystery to me.
You're not alone. I won't deny my excitement for WW simply because I don't know what that movie is going to be. WW deals with Greek Mythology and it's somehow going to involve WW2. A lot can go wrong or a lot can go right. It's probably a more bolder film than Suicide Squad.

Ahasverus

You're not alone. I won't deny my excitement for WW simply because I don't know what that movie is going to be. WW deals with Greek Mythology and it's somehow going to involve WW2. A lot can go wrong or a lot can go right. It's probably a more bolder film than Suicide Squad.
WW1. Which is better. I find funny how that time period is having a mini resurgence in media.

Ninjimbo

WW1. Which is better. I find funny how that time period is having a mini resurgence in media.
I waffled on which war it was! I think it's good that the time period is getting some attention since WW1 doesn't register in the minds of a lot of people. It's kind of hard to believe all of that happened a hundred years ago too.

Now I'm wondering how the movie is going to use the setting. Are there any specific stories that WB is cribbing from for this movie?

Yager

Banned
I waffled on which war it was! I think it's good that the time period is getting some attention since WW1 doesn't register in the minds of a lot of people. It's kind of hard to believe all of that happened a hundred years ago too.

Now I'm wondering how the movie is going to use the setting. Are there any specific stories that WB is cribbing from for this movie?

I don't know about that, but it's pretty clear to me that the main villain will be Ares (this is speculation from me, I don't really know if it's been confirmed who the enemy will be).

Tabby

I don't know about that, but it's pretty clear to me that the main villain will be Ares (this is speculation from me, I don't really know if it's been confirmed who the enemy will be).

Ares feeds on war and conflict, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

antovolk

No.... after last year WB won't show anything they won't release online afterwards.

A FULL WW trailer a year in advance is a no no. A short announcement teaser than they can then attach to Skwad - sure. Then a second teaser with Fantastic Beasts. Full trailer sometime early 2017.

JL - big no no. Maybe a group still or something but no teaser trailer. Not until Rogue One.

That Dr Strange thing indeed is a teaser trailer btw.

a916

So seem to be connecting this quote with this scene

https://twitter.com/BatmanvSuperman/status/741301823915495429

Also, their last tweet of:

There’s a new kind of mean in him. He’s angry and he’s hunting

Adds credence to the thought that Batman has been pushed over the edge and he didn't normally go around killing people... I hate that if you have this belief you're a crazy person and you're trying to rationalize a bad movie and you get roped into the "conspiracy circle". I mean the entire movie was about Batman being redeemed.

IconGrist

No.... after last year WB won't show anything they won't release online afterwards.

A FULL WW trailer a year in advance is a no no. A short announcement teaser than they can then attach to Skwad - sure. Then a second teaser with Fantastic Beasts. Full trailer sometime early 2017.

JL - big no no. Maybe a group still or something but no teaser trailer. Not until Rogue One.

That Dr Strange thing indeed is a teaser trailer btw.

Literally none of that about WB follows their previous logic with trailers.

IconGrist

In terms of trailer releases it does. About SDCC though sure it doesn't but things changed with the Skwad leak.

I would be absolutely shocked if we didn't get at least a 3 minute long WW trailer at SDCC. And isn't SDCC being live streamed this year? I just don't see WB coming in with the bare minimum when they basically have all the hype to themselves with Marvel sticking to the Disney event nowadays. Sony will have almost nothing to show for Spider-Man.

Ninjimbo

How long has Wonder Woman been in post production anyway? They should have something to show like they did with SS last year. I think SS was still shooting too when that teaser arrived.

J_Viper

I wonder if WB will straight up release any new Comic-Con footage online, as opposed to waiting for any leaks to counter-act

They really need all the positive buzz they can get

strafer

I wonder if WB will straight up release any new Comic-Con footage online, as opposed to waiting for any leaks to counter-act

They really need all the positive buzz they can get

I hope they dont. The bootleg cam videos are what I'm looking for. I like those. You can feel the hype in those.

antovolk

I would be absolutely shocked if we didn't get at least a 3 minute long WW trailer at SDCC. And isn't SDCC being live streamed this year? I just don't see WB coming in with the bare minimum when they basically have all the hype to themselves with Marvel sticking to the Disney event nowadays. Sony will have almost nothing to show for Spider-Man.

If not for the whole bootleg kerfuffle last year I would bet that would be the case. But would you *really* want a 3 minute trailer a whole year in advance officially released online? No.

After the whole Skwad leak I just don't see WB bringing something truly 'exclusive' to Hall H. They'd release whatever they show there online after the presentation. And with that in mind there's absolutely no way they'd officially release a 3 minute WW trailer for public consumption.

And no it isn't being livestreamed but select official panel recordings will be available. And even if it was live-streamed, that's even more reason for WB to bring only whatever they're ready to release for the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom