• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

If not for the whole bootleg kerfuffle last year I would bet that would be the case. But would you *really* want a 3 minute trailer a whole year in advance officially released online? No.

After the whole Skwad leak I just don't see WB bringing something truly 'exclusive' to Hall H. They'd release whatever they show there online after the presentation. And with that in mind there's absolutely no way they'd officially release a 3 minute WW trailer for public consumption.

And no it isn't being livestreamed but select official panel recordings will be available. And even if it was live-streamed, that's even more reason for WB to bring only whatever they're ready to release for the masses.

I'm greedy. I want everything they are willing to give.

I still think Fong was talking about the blind hate for the film and not the people who had issues with it, but people took it the wrong way. I'm sure he got a phone call though.

Sulik2

I did like this comment from him: "There’s so much. Maybe the desert scene where more is explained."

Explaining the Knightmare would make it seem way less of a random aside in the middle of the movie.

Ahasverus

I did like this comment from him: "There’s so much. Maybe the desert scene where more is explained."

Explaining the Knightmare would make it seem way less of a random aside in the middle of the movie.
I''m 99% sure he means the Africa scene.

GeeTeeCee

Is he referring to the Knightmare scene, or is it the sequence in Africa? I know I recall reading that the Africa stuff gets expanded upon.

I'll be pleased with some JL and WW footage at SDCC.

Seeing Tatum casted as Shazam would be a mega level treat, especially if he's showing up in JL for a few scenes. He would add levity to the movie, something WB probably wants to ramp up.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
How many times do I have to say it. No to Tatum, damn you guys! *shakes fist*

Seeing Tatum casted as Shazam would be a mega level treat, especially if he's showing up in JL for a few scenes. He would add levity to the movie, something WB probably wants to ramp up.

Jonah Hill as Billy Batson...Channing Tatum as Captain Marvel. lmao. the amount of jokes that transformation alone would write.

strafer

Ryan Reynolds moves from DC to Marvel

Channing moves from Marvel to DC.

Even though the movie he was doing hasn't even started yet. Stars are aligning.

a916

Since the event is streamed, go all out, lights out, all your hear is someone yell SHAZAM!, lightning bolt flashes on the giant screen and Tatum appears.

He's actually a Good actor. I mean if Gadot can be cast...

Gadot and Amber Heard. Channing Tatum is like DeNiro compared to them. Honestly he's better than Cavill too, dude's been working hard appearing in dope stuff. Shazam would be perfect for him since he's best being a bit goofy.

Gadot and Amber Heard. Channing Tatum is like DeNiro compared to them. Honestly he's better than Cavill too, dude's been working hard appearing in dope stuff. Shazam would be perfect for him since he's best being a bit goofy.

I was just going to mention Better then Cavill too.

Tatum has been picking his roles better lately, lots of low-budget serious role, or light hearted roles. Hes gaining range

Edit: Based on other movies, I can claim Gadot isnt that good of an actress. I'll happily like to be proven wrong

Y'all get so sensitive. She's unproven until she aint guys. Snyder's not very good at casting female roles, tends to prioritize model looks first over talent. I'm amazed Amy Adams squeaked in tbh. I thought Lois would be Malin Akerman or something.

Anyways Wacky Raceland, the gritty DC Hanna Barbara reboot of Wacky Races...yeah lol, is a comic that should be a disaster but somehow ended up being freaking awesome.

There's a giant barrier of stupidity that you have to be willing to overcome but it's such a fun mess. They gave all the racers and vehicles a Mad Max makeover and the cars talk now. Somehow ended up being my favorite dc issue of the week. Over flash and wonder woman rebirth.

Effect

Y'all get so sensitive. She's unproven until she aint guys. Snyder's not very good at casting female roles, tends to prioritize model looks first over talent. I'm amazed Amy Adams squeaked in tbh. I thought Lois would be Malin Akerman or something.

It's not about being sensitive but that shit always devolves into the body shaming shit and worse. Nothing positive has ever come out of bringing up that topic. So just don't even bother with it.

Ahasverus

You guys remember what kind of acting was in Jenkins' last movie right? The one that got its main actress an Oscar and a nom for the support one, both unproven at the time, right?

IconGrist

You guys remember what kind of acting was in Jenkins' last movie right? The one that got its main actress an Oscar and a nom for the support one, both unproven at the time, right?

I like Gadot and thought Jenkins was a good choice but this is reaching a little too high, lol.

I think it's fine to be skeptical of her ability to carry a film based on her previous work. I don't think it's fair to project the shit you find in other threads onto the regular posters here.

Ahasverus

I like Gadot and thought Jenkins was a good choice but this is reaching a little too high, lol.
Yes of course haha I meant to say that you shouldn't doubt Jenkins' acting direction. If Gadot has any semblance of talent it will show, without a doubt. If she hasn't, well, she's still the world's most beautiful face.

If I had a concern about WW, and Black Panther to an extent, is having the leads with thick accents. Make me wonder if other amazons will adopt her accent or go with a standard English accent.

ReiGun

I think it's fine to be skeptical of her ability to carry a film based on her previous work. I don't think it's fair to project the shit you find in other threads onto the regular posters here.

No one's saying don't be skeptical. I don't think anyone is 100% sold on her. It's just a topic that people are tired of talking about.

IconGrist

If I had a concern about WW, and Black Panther to an extent, is having the leads with thick accents. Make me wonder if other amazons will adopt her accent or go with a standard English accent.

The lead for Black Panther (his name escapes me at the moment) was in an episode of Fringe with a perfect American accent. I wouldn't worry.

Ashhong

No.... after last year WB won't show anything they won't release online afterwards.

A FULL WW trailer a year in advance is a no no. A short announcement teaser than they can then attach to Skwad - sure. Then a second teaser with Fantastic Beasts. Full trailer sometime early 2017.

JL - big no no. Maybe a group still or something but no teaser trailer. Not until Rogue One.

That Dr Strange thing indeed is a teaser trailer btw.

The definitions for FULL and TEASER trailers have changed. To me, anything resembling an actual trailer is a trailer, regardless of what the studio decides to call it. Like Rogue One, Dr Strange, etc. There's nothing that separates those from any other "full" trailer imo, but maybe that's just me.

Something like the SDCC BvS teaser (I think last year?) where it was just him turning on the bat-signal, is a teaser.

I expect a trailer for WW and a small teaser like that for JL. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

No one's saying don't be skeptical. I don't think anyone is 100% sold on her. It's just a topic that people are tired of talking about.

I understand, but it's not like anyone is going on and on about it. Putting up barriers around what's appropriate to talk about is a dangerous path to go down.

Raptor

I wanted Carla Gugino as Lois.

Oh my....

Two new Suicide Squad TV spots (both camera captures):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjb7D1FvimI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBggC57LPU4

Both have new shots and lines.

Also, WB posted the other two up officially:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZBpv35VgTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-oU2O-youU

And here's some of the cast at the DC exhibition:
IhxwNd4.jpg

IconGrist

My daughter is watching Power Rangers: Dino Charge and I have to say this show puts the collateral damage in Man of Steel to shame, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom