• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
t3_5sw7ml
neat

Busty

Banned
Apparently.

Apparently.

Apparently.

...., the talk of Sterling K Brown potentially being involved in the DCU despite being cast in Black Panther is
"very real"

okdakor

The people that don't come in here that are fans will be glad to hear sone good news for a change.

no! they have to join us in the sun!

Everybody wants these films to be good and waits for good news (except the critics, paid by Marvel)... And I think that some fans don't come in this thread because sometimes it sounds a bit like a cult around here... or 4channers on /tv

I can't tell if it's just trolling when I see things like this about BvS : I don't have any complaints about it except that I never wanted it to end.
Or about SS : the last act saves it

It's like Bizarro world compared to the OT

Ross61

Apparently.

Apparently.

Apparently.

...., the talk of Sterling K Brown potentially being involved in the DCU despite being cast in Black Panther is
"very real"
I'd definitely be up with Sterling K Brown as John Stewart even though I kinda was interested in him being castes younger.

Yager

Banned
Everybody wants these films to be good and waits for good news (except the critics, paid by Marvel)... And I think that some fans don't come in this thread because sometimes it sounds a bit like a cult around here... or 4channers on /tv

I can't tell if it's just trolling when I see things like this about BvS : I don't have any complaints about it except that I never wanted it to end.

One word:

DAMAGED

While I agree with the first paragraph and get what you're saying, If you think about it it's in the very nature of every community Ot regarding a specific theme to turn into somewhat of a "cult" like you put it. Usually 80% of the people who post in one of these tend to actually be fans the subject matter.

Regarding the opinions you mentioned, It's not that hard to believe that someone actually enjoys these movies.

While I don't care about Suicide Squad I can believe someone thinking the last act did it for them, and that it redeemed whatever problem they might've had with the rest of the movie. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I just don't think people's opinion's on movies should be dismissed/considered trolling just because it goes against the grain.

okdakor

One word:

DAMAGED

Don't tell me there's a "damaged tattoo" defense force...

Usually 80% of the people who post in one of these tend to actually be fans the subject matter.

And there's also a lot of reasonable fans around here, fortunately.

I just don't think people's opinion's on movies should be dismissed/considered trolling just because it goes against the grain.

Of course not, but the trolling feeling comes when fans are posting the same excessive shit I can read on 4chan, trying to explain that Snyder is a genius giving us Mona Lisa where almost everybody else just see a frat house poster. Plus the laughable paranoia about critics.

But I promise, *if* the trailer is good, people will behave in the associated OT thread

Yager

Banned
Don't tell me there's a "damaged tattoo" defense force...
No, I was talking that we're the League of Damaged Gentlemen, that's why this looks like bizarro world. But there's probably someone in here that likes the DAMAGED tattoo.

for example it doesn't bother me, it's so fucking on the nose, as the Joker itself, that I find it kinda funny. Could do without it though.

Penguin

People are tripping over themselves to point out that LEGO Batman is higher rated than all DCEU films that I think folks are missing the bigger picture, right now it is the highest-rated comic book movie of all-time.

So go LEGO Batman

SJRB

Gold Member
People are tripping over themselves to point out that LEGO Batman is higher rated than all DCEU films that I think folks are missing the bigger picture, right now it is the highest-rated comic book movie of all-time.

So go LEGO Batman

How DARE you say a DC movie is better than Marvel.

HOW DARE YOU

Ninjimbo

I think I'm pretty much the only one who posts in this thread who talks up BvS to that degree. I'm completely serious about it, but at the same time, I'm not expecting anyone else to see things the way I see them. Whatever Snyder is doing in BvS completely works for me.

As for SS, I enjoyed the last act to be honest. Everything came together well and I enjoyed those characters. It's saved from being completely worthless but I still think it's mired in problems. Ultimately, it's a good effort. I've seen too much actual shit with no effort or heart put into it that I've come to appreciate when a movie feels like it's trying to do something different.

BadAss2961

I think I'm pretty much the only one who posts in this thread who talks up BvS to that degree. I'm completely serious about it, but at the same time, I'm not expecting anyone else to see things the way I see them. Whatever Snyder is doing in BvS completely works for me.

As for SS, I enjoyed the last act to be honest. Everything came together well and I enjoyed those characters. It's saved from being completely worthless but I still think it's mired in problems. Ultimately, it's a good effort. I've seen too much actual shit with no effort or heart put into it that I've come to appreciate when a movie feels like it's trying to do something different.
I liked Enchantress messing with their heads. Harley's dream of a normal life was well done. Other than that, the last act is very cliche, almost to the point of parody when the slo mo hits. Everyone comes together to fight the baddie with the beam in the sky.

The ending is underrated though. Everyone back to prison life. Floyd with his daughter was a good scene, and Joker breaking out Harley was pretty cool.

Ninjimbo

I liked Enchantress messing with their heads. Harley's dream of a normal life was well done. Other than that, the last act is very cliche, almost to the point of parody when the slo mo hits. Everyone comes together to fight the baddie with the beam in the sky.

The ending is underrated though. Everyone back to prison life. Floyd with his daughter was a good scene, and Joker breaking out Harley was pretty cool.
Yeah, it's cliché but you could tell the movie was trying to build up to that. That's when I felt the movie was actually flowing correctly. Mostly, what does it for me is the bar scene because that's when I felt the characters evolved a little bit and Diablo's story sheds light on some dark realities. At least from the SS comics I've read, that's kind of what's supposed to happen. It's not really about the overall plot but more about the characters, their interactions and finding something relatable in them. I think the last act at least accomplishes that for some of the characters.

Enchantress was criminally underused. I thought her backstory was really intriguing and her relationship with Flagg was a nice touch. I wish we could have seen more of the struggle with June and Enchantress because at the end, it's really cool that June comes back from all that.

Raptor is bringin bad vibes to this community and I really dislike that, honestly. The trolling is getting out of hand and it isn't really funny. Same goes for the guy with that old man avatar.

LionPride

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just hope that Wonder Woman is decent. It ain't gotta be good. But if it can be like Iron Man level, then we straight

And I hope Justice League is better than what I'm expecting. That's all I gotta say

Ashhong

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just hope that Wonder Woman is decent. It ain't gotta be good. But if it can be like Iron Man level, then we straight

And I hope Justice League is better than what I'm expecting. That's all I gotta say

The hell? Iron Man 1 is like the gold standard of MCU though. If WW can be IM level I'd be ecstatic

Under contract either way, right? Ever if he wanted to, he's stuck there..right?

Who's to say it's not a three picture deal? Batman v Superman, Justice League, The Batman. If the DCEU continues to get shredded by critics and the public, I think he is very much done. Dude went from being the hottest thing in Hollywood to being an internet meme.

No one's ever really stuck when it comes to those contracts. Just depends on whether or not Ben would be willing to pay the cost to get out of it. Might even be a good PR move for him.

I'd argue Warner Bros needs Ben more than Ben needs Warner Bros. If he just wants to make movies that aim for awards, someone like Harvey Weinstien would probably be more than willing to take on his projects since he seems to be in the business of Oscar movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom