• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's ever really stuck when it comes to those contracts. Just depends on whether or not Ben would be willing to pay the cost to get out of it. Might even be a good PR move for him.

Guess that's true, yeah.

Who's to say it's not a three picture deal? Batman v Superman, Justice League, The Batman. If the DCEU continues to get shredded by critics and the public, I think he is very much done. Dude went from being the hottest thing in Hollywood to being an internet meme.

So you're thinking he's gone after the solo bat flick? Is that the general consensus?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You fuckers made so much fun of him, this is payback.

Next actor to play Batman is: Sam Worthington!

Have fun losers.

So you're thinking he's gone after the solo bat flick? Is that the general consensus?

I think there is a very real possibility he is done after the solo flick. I think the reason it's being drug out now is to see the reaction to Wonder Woman and Justice League before Ben finally decides if he wants off the ride.

Reeves would be the perfect candidate to stretch it out. He's still working on Apes and it releases in July. He'll likely have a decent press tour that will probably last until August. You let him get in there and tinker around and before you know it, it's November. Justice League is out and you finalize the plan.

I think there is a very real possibility he is done after the solo flick. I think the reason it's being drug out now is to see the reaction to Wonder Woman and Justice League before Ben finally decides if he wants off the ride.

Reeves would be the perfect candidate to stretch it out. He's still working on Apes and it releases in July. He'll likely have a decent press tour that will probably last until August. You let him get in there and tinker around and before you know it, it's November. Justice League is out and you finalize the plan.

Would be a bummer if Ben left..dude was like the highlight of the movie. Reeves taking over would be amazing. I hope it pans out. The fight scenes would be bonkers..

Josh Hartnett as Dick Grayson as Batman

6bcc88274a34aed36010fe36a277b1d1.jpg

You guys wanna get nuts, let's get nuts. Bruce Wayne is 'killed' and Talia revives him with the Lazarus Pit. He comes out much younger, looking like Armie Hammer. Joker cuts off his face; next we see him with a new face, he's Walter Goggins. Um, what else is there. Croc gets mutated into a dinosaur monster after they take away his BET. Cyborg reveals his legal name is Martian Manhunter Victor Stone. The Rock is cast as Shazam, along with playing Black Adam. Lynne Ramsay directs Joaquin Phoenix in a Green Arrow movie. Nicholas Cage joins the DCEU as Bangkok Dangerous is turned into a canonical Deathstroke movie.

Everybody wants these films to be good and waits for good news (except the critics, paid by Marvel)... And I think that some fans don't come in this thread because sometimes it sounds a bit like a cult around here... or 4channers on /tv

I can't tell if it's just trolling when I see things like this about BvS : I don't have any complaints about it except that I never wanted it to end.
Or about SS : the last act saves it

It's like Bizarro world compared to the OT

ok I'll check with you next time I need permission to enjoy a movie.

ryan299

Justin Kroll, Variety, just tweeted this in response to a question about the news of starting from scratch.

No, several sources already saying new script came in this month and everyone including Emmerich and Ben very happy with it

Effect

Mentioned it before that part of why Ben likely wasn't happy with the script before, even though he was writing it, very well could be because he's never been able to focus completely on it. He was doing so much for other films in addition to personal stuff no way could he be focused on it. No way in hell. Script writing isn't easy. Having someone able to focus completely on it (clean it up, etc), which is what they likely did, likely produced something everyone at WB was happy with even Ben if the statement from Kroll is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom