• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Should have watched Sucker Punch instead, ya bum.

I did watched that a couple of weeks ago, I dont like it that much but is really pretty and the action setpieces are entertaining.

You let us down the other day on Survival, damn you, I had to carry leos ass by myself.

Bleepey

Honestly, I'm wondering if people would even give a shit if he was replaced. Remember when Edward Norton was kicked out of the MCU and nobody cared because they still got the Avengers movie they wanted?

I think everyone here would sacrifice Ben if it meant getting another chance at a godtier Batman film. If WB gets Reeves, you think he can't pull it off without Ben? Please lol

Like someone else said before, Batman is bigger than Ben. Everyone here would be lining up if The Batman looked good.

But whatever. I just don't see Ben walking away from this at all. The potential upside is tremendous for him. If he walks away from this, that would probably hurt him more than it would hurt WB.

Probably, haha. The amount of hate Watchmen gets for not "understanding" the source material is asinine. Snyder adapts it 100% faithfully until the end, he even lifts panels and dialogue straight from the book and yet he "doesn't get it." If he went the other way, they would have said the same thing.

Insatiable.
The really ironic part about Snyder not getting Watchmen is when you compare the Watchmen ending to real life, Snyder's decision holds up to scrutiny. People say the world would never believe that a creature of their won creation who causes an unprecedented attack on YC would cause the world to really around the US in defence against the greater evil. But the 9/11 attacks and OBL show that is clearly not the case.

I see what you did there.

Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

Raptor

HA! I had to carry your ass, your gut and your face all the way from Japan during that whole ordeal. That was some Hacksaw shit going down there

I'm there, day one!

Im leveling son, Im 34 now and by the end of the week I will be 50 and we will see whos carry whos ass.

And Chloe still wont drop damn it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Hey man, you never know. Maybe Gal wanted to cheer him up after the reaction to BvS.

Also explains Sad Batfleck, he didn't get shit.

Hey..you folks picking up Injustice?

Hell yes bruv. I don't even fuck with fighters that much, let alone netherrealms ones but the swamp thing and Robin videos got me hyped

MVC is a day one for sure too. But man its gonna be really wack if they drop the gawd Wolverine. Deadpool will be missed too after the last game

IconGrist

I did watched that a couple of weeks ago, I dont like it that much but is really pretty and the action setpieces are entertaining.

You let us down the other day on Survival, damn you, I had to carry leos ass by myself.

Yea, sorry. My notifications were turned off and I didn't see the messages until the next morning.

a916

It's the Internet spinning it's wheels again. I just don't see a situation where Affleck walks away from the DCU a whole NINE months before Justice League is released.

If/when Matt Reeves closes his deal with Warner Bros expect a press release with a quote from Ben Affleck about how excited he is to be working with Reeves etc,etc.

Did he not initially only have a 2 film deal after BVS?

IconGrist

The only difficult aspect of playing Superman is he really only had the one combo string in Injustice 1 and it was super obvious and easy to bait or block. It's why you see so many Superman players cheesing the shit out of everyone with his heat vision.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So even in games he is a boring fucker? What an awful character.

It's okay, but there are some really bad lag spikes and idk if it's from the game or the fact that people don't respect the fact it's a US only beta and I'm fighting fuckers from Australia...

That's where my reluctance come in. Then again, it can't be worse than SFV right now..😒

So even in games he is a boring fucker? What an awful character.

Only if the Martha attack is included.

lol..You crazy.

BadAss2961

What's funny is a good Superman player was a great foil to a good Batman player.
I usually found it to be the other way around. A good Superman could find ways to start that 2 punch combo string, and Supes always had an advantage with his strong zoning and that Super move that was like 1 or 2 frames even from fullscreen. But a good rushdown Batman messes up all his spacing and makes him very uncomfortable.

I've argued this in the past. Snyder shined the light on the ugly side of humanity and people couldn't handle it. Superman isn't the problem, we are.

I'll still contend the reasons people don't like Superman is due to the fact he's viewed through the lens of the public of today. If someone like Superman showed up tomorrow in our world, it'd be the same bullshit you see in the movies.. but probably worse.

I like the take on the character. I don't want someone to show up on day one and just be everything everyone wants out of the character. There should be some development. Captain America works in the MCU because what he represents was best represented in that era he lived and he gets transported to today, so he gets to be everything everyone wants from the jump due to a technicality.

The movie shines a light on how shitty we are as a society and how we wouldn't let someone like Superman exist because it'd be politicized and pontificated to death in the media. We're the problem, not Superman.

a916

I've argued this in the past. Snyder shined the light on the ugly side of humanity and people couldn't handle it. Superman isn't the problem, we are.

I stand by this, MOS is an underrated gem. I'm not talking about a solid good movie, I'm talking great-amazing movie. It keeps continually climbing charts on best of comic book movie lists.

WhiteWolf

Wish Injustice 2 was coming to PC on the same day as the PS4. Then again, weren't the PC ports of Injustice and MKX not too hot? I heard MKX finally became playable on PC.

IconGrist

Wish Injustice 2 was coming to PC on the same day as the PS4. Then again, weren't the PC ports of Injustice and MKX not too hot? I heard MKX finally became playable on PC.

I don't know about Injustice but MKX had huge problems on PC that Boon promised wouldn't exist. But an outside company ports them to PC.

Ninjimbo

Snyder put Superman in a post 9/11 world. With heightened paranoia and xenophobia running rampant, it's no wonder that huge swaths of people fear him and question his intentions. Quite frankly, it's a precise depiction of the current state of humanity. If a being like Superman showed up tomorrow, you think people would be running out of their houses to give him a hug? Of course they wouldn't. They would correctly resort to asking questions and asking for protection.

I like how Snyder also puts out the image of people treating him as a God. You just know that in some part of the world, Clark would be seen as a messiah. I find that kind of stuff to be awesome. It makes you ask questions and it makes Superman that much more relatable. He's not sure about any of it. On the inside he's conflicted. Honestly, who wouldn't be?

Raptor

Snyder put Superman in a post 9/11 world. With heightened paranoia and xenophobia running rampant, it's no wonder that huge swaths of people fear him and question his intentions. Quite frankly, it's a precise depiction of the current state of humanity. If a being like Superman showed up tomorrow, you think people would be running out of their houses to give him a hug? Of course they wouldn't. They would correctly resort to asking questions and asking for protection.

I like how Snyder also puts out the image of people treating him as a God. You just know that in some part of the world, Clark would be seen as a messiah. I find that kind of stuff to be awesome. It makes you ask questions and it makes Superman that much more relatable. He's not sure about any of it. On the inside he's conflicted. Honestly, who wouldn't be?

This all feels like Singer with returns to be honest, "wait for my next movie, this was only preparing the ground"

Ok now he made humanity how its supposed to react in this times, what if WB decided to scrap that and fire his ass? he left an incomplete Superman story with Superman nowhere to be found as a symbol of hope.

I dont know how to explain myself but Superman feels like a background character in this large universe that tries to understand him and accept him, I see a large falw in that myself.

Like he is the main character but not at the same time, feels wrong to me.

IconGrist

Ok now he made humanity how its supposed to react in this times, what if WB decided to scrap that and fire his ass? he left an incomplete Superman story with Superman nowhere to be found as a symbol of hope.

This sounds like you just wanted perfect Superman from the start where there is no sense of character growth. How do you grow a character who has been presented as perfect from the first moment you see him?

Even if Snyder had been scrapped it doesn't mean he did a bad job it just means he didn't get to finish. It's easy to look at MoS and BvS and say "Oh Superman is a background character" but you'd have a hard time justifying that when literally everything about the world is in response to his actions. From some no one civilian to the government to the likes of someone like Batman. Background characters usually aren't afforded such importance in an overall narrative.

Raptor

This sounds like you just wanted perfect Superman from the start where there is no sense of character growth. How do you grow a character who has been presented as perfect from the first moment you see him?

We already saw the struggle in MoS.

After a movie you think it make sense we start to see him how it is? How many movies he need?

I mean.

a916

After a movie you think it make sense we start to see him how it is? How many movies he need?

I mean.

Sounds like they took a 3 arc story and turned it into a 3 movie story.

Lets Rank the current DCEU films

Man of Steel > Suicide Squad > Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

I'm a huge DC Fan and SS is by far absolute and utter garbage. It's a hot mess that's somewhat entertaining on the first go. BVS UC is so much better in my mind, it's a better thought out movie.

IconGrist

I mean.

There was very little struggle in MoS and it was fairly localized. It was about living up to the expectations placed by his fathers. In BvS it's amped to a global scale which is a natural progression. At the end of BvS his words hold some value when he says "This is my world" which prior to that he was of the opinion he didn't belong and was just trying to be something his fathers wanted. He's embraced it by that point so the natural progression for JL is your "proper" Superman.

shingi70

Banned

I'm a huge DC Fan and SS is by far absolute and utter garbage. It's a hot mess that's somewhat entertaining on the first go. BVS UC is so much better in my mind, it's a better thought out movie.

I think Squad was fun and brisk, the Ultimate Cut has higher highs then it, but I just don't like it takes on Superman. For that it gets knocked down a couple of pegs.

Raptor

There was very little struggle in MoS and it was fairly localized. It was about living up to the expectations placed by his fathers. In BvS it's amped to a global scale which is a natural progression. At the end of BvS his words hold some value when he says "This is my world" which prior to that he was of the opinion he didn't belong and was just trying to be something his fathers wanted. He's embraced it by that point so the natural progression for JL is your "proper" Superman.

I disagree, MoS treated global scale too, world engine was about to destroy everything and he chosed earth as his home, he killed Zod, at the end of MoS we see a more confident Superman talking to the general, then it all went back to depressed Supes in BvS.

There is animated movie about the same thing BvS was and didnt had a depressed Superman, they chose poorly how to introduce Batman by regresing what MoS accomplished.

This is why Im not suprised by peopel saying "emo superman again?" is been two movies already.

This all feels like Singer with returns to be honest, "wait for my next movie, this was only preparing the ground"

I dont know how to explain myself but Superman feels like a background character in this large universe that tries to understand him and accept him, I see a large falw in that myself.

Like he is the main character but not at the same time, feels wrong to me.
Yeah, that's the point, not much different than God.

Raptor

I mean, my point is that he should be featured more in its own damn movie according to Snyder, in JL Superman will be I dont know if Im right here but Snyder said that no? that SUperman will be a "central focus" again?

I would love to be wrong on this but it all seems like he wont be in the movie that much more than BvS and that makes me angry as fuck.

They took Superman as a plot device for the fucking DCEU.

shingi70

Banned

Then they failed because Superman isn't god.

all-star_superman_origin.jpg

Even down to his earliest incarnations in the Golden Age and with the radio Superman has always been a pretty human character at his core, beucase it's Clark Kent at the forefront and not Superman. Hell the radio show from the 30s/40s understood that well and slowly retconned clarks parents in and made Clark Kent the actual persona.

It's to be seen if JL appropriate, and naturally, concludes that arc. But I agree that it's the intent, and while I have misgivings about Supes' portrayal in MoS and BvS, I respect their choice to create a relatable story for these mythical characters. Can't recall where I first heard the comparison, but it is not unlike The Last Temptation of Christ (though Scorsese is a far better filmmaker than Snyder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom