• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

Besides, just imagine WB cancelling Henry's , Gal's, Amy's, Iron's, Momoa's, Ezra's, Ray's and all the secondary actor's future signed on gigs because Affleck got cold feet.

It would open and entirely different can of worms and drama behind the scenes for sure. One actor shouldn't have this kind of leverage, he's not exactly Harry Potter.

The best bet would be course correcting. Will it be a guaranteed success? No, but it's safer and cheaper
Imagine your life long dream taken away from you because one guy got cold feet.

bryanee

If Affleck wants out then let him leave, hell I'd do it before The Batman. Just recast the roll, Affleck is not bigger than Batman and he isn't anywhere near as vital for the roll of Bruce as RDJ is for Stark.

Lifeline

https://twitter.com/bholliday/status/831537547448836096

Another guy says hes gone. At some point ya'll have to admit they're going to have to reboot this.

Well, I guess it's most likely going to happen now. I wonder if he'll be out after he does The Batman, or not even do one solo movie.

I think Affleck should at least give one movoe to wrap up his role, or maybe they can reshoot part of Justice League and kill him off there.

sirap

If Affleck wants out then let him leave, hell I'd do it before The Batman. Just recast the roll, Affleck is not bigger than Batman and he isn't anywhere near as vital for the roll of Bruce as RDJ is for Stark.

Agreed. My hype for Batman laid in Affleck's directing chops, not his acting skills. He was a great Batman in BvS, but there are plenty of actors who can fit the role just fine.

They recasted the Hulk three times. Batman will be fine.

Ashhong

Watched Lego Batman last night, great movie. Comedies seem so much easier to pull off because you can just make fun of yourself, like Deadpool and now this. Love all of the little references to everything. Need to watch it again

IconGrist

lol They won't reboot if Affleck walks. They'll just replace him. You could easily have a stunt guy in a batsuit with some digital effects to resemble Affleck's lower face and some villain manages to ice Bruce and Nightwing takes over Bat duties. Problem solved in a 6 minute scene.

lol They won't reboot if Affleck walks. They'll just replace him. You could easily have a stunt guy in a batsuit with some digital effects to resemble Affleck's lower face and some villain manages to ice Bruce and Nightwing takes over Bat duties. Problem solved in a 6 minute scene.

Exactly. Why reboot everything when you already have established backstory to explain why Bruce would step down as Batman.

Ninjimbo

Honestly, I'm wondering if people would even give a shit if he was replaced. Remember when Edward Norton was kicked out of the MCU and nobody cared because they still got the Avengers movie they wanted?

I think everyone here would sacrifice Ben if it meant getting another chance at a godtier Batman film. If WB gets Reeves, you think he can't pull it off without Ben? Please lol

Like someone else said before, Batman is bigger than Ben. Everyone here would be lining up if The Batman looked good.

But whatever. I just don't see Ben walking away from this at all. The potential upside is tremendous for him. If he walks away from this, that would probably hurt him more than it would hurt WB.

He's too good for comic nerds.
Probably, haha. The amount of hate Watchmen gets for not "understanding" the source material is asinine. Snyder adapts it 100% faithfully until the end, he even lifts panels and dialogue straight from the book and yet he "doesn't get it." If he went the other way, they would have said the same thing.

Insatiable.

Watched Lego Batman last night, great movie. Comedies seem so much easier to pull off because you can just make fun of yourself, like Deadpool and now this. Love all of the little references to everything. Need to watch it again

Definitely need to catch it again. You kinda miss a chunk of the jokes because your laughing at the last one 10 seconds prior..so good.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Ok, this is what I think. They need to can the Batman film if Affleck leaves, and focus on their other Z lister characters (for the cinema, anyway). Marvel made fucking millions over them. DC can as well. Give Batman a break.

Ok, this is what I think. They need to can the Batman film if Affleck leaves, and focus on their other Z lister characters (for the cinema, anyway). Marvel made fucking millions over them. DC can as well. Give Batman a break.
The overreaction is making me lol. Honestly, who gives a shit? His Batman is a product of Snyder filmmaking. He's replaceable by any other Hollywood square chin. So yes, if he wants out let him, are we supposed to feel bad for a millionaire and highly successful Hollywood A Lister? Give me a break.

Corpsepyre

Banned
The overreaction is making me lol. Honestly, who gives a shit? His Batman is a product of Snyder filmmaking. He's replaceable by any other Hollywood square chin. So yes, if he wants out let him, are we supposed to feel bad for a millionaire and highly successful Hollywood A Lister? Give me a break.

in the end, batman is a character that will outlive us all. he's more than ben, keaton or bale, and will be played by several more actors down the line. It just really fucking sucks this will crush WW and JL's hype if it indeed happens.

sirap

Right?

extant-season-2-jeffrey-dean-morgan-interview.jpg

Just replace him with Javier Bardem. Phenomenal actor and he fits the current aesthetic really well.

BadAss2961

I disagree in that it's extremely important that he stays on board. We're walking a thin line already. Affleck leaving would be very difficult to recover from. Bruce is too big a role to suddenly recast, and Ben is too high profile a guy with too much pull to just lose in such fashion. His departure would suggest that everything is indeed fucked and that you could forget about getting people with his kind of clout again. Easily the worst PR nightmare that could happen, and the DCEU's had enough already.

They'd ultimately have to recast, really because it's the only sensible option compared to the DickBats and Crisis fuckery. But doing so would be step one in making a real mess of the universe. Real mess that actually does leave permanent scars, not all this dumb crap fanboys whine about because of bad reviews.

If Ben is leaving, he's going to hand off the cowl in The Batman. While it might not have been the best of times, I think he likes the character too much to just force a straight up recast or abandoning the character between projects.

I agree, but it doesn't seem smart when he's been in two of their movies. What's that mean going forward?

This is grown folks. He'll be alright..just speaking some truth is all. Jeremy Irons had some words as well..he ain't going anywhere.

I mean he's just too cool. Hard for me to imagine Furious Styles as a comic nerd.

Nah, he's totally who'd I'd expect it from. Got an older brother around the same age..dude is into his guns, his oldies and his "funny books" as he calls them..😁

Ninjimbo

Fishburne loved BvS so he's all good with me. The DC vs Marvel thing is so out of hand. I don't follow comics at all but is the noise always this bad? It seems like everything bad is taken as a slight and made into a big deal.

Fishburne loved BvS so he's all good with me. The DC vs Marvel thing is so out of hand. I don't follow comics at all but is the noise always this bad? It seems like everything bad is taken as a slight and made into a big deal.

It really isn't. It's the same "noise" as always. The difference is all in who's "team" you're on. If you're in it to watch movies you've been waiting for? For yourself? Not needing anyone else's validation? You're gonna be just fine. Now, you going "quippy" v "grimdark" like so many feel the need to? Yeah..I guess there's "more noise" now.

These actors aren't on teams either. They recognise they need each other to succeed and that competition and variety only helps the genre as a whole. Fortunate for us all that they're adults..with a life..lol

And every popular movie gets overanalyzed. Reshoots? Sky is falling. New director? End it all. DC. Fox. Marvel. Lucas. It happens with everyone..

Loxley

Right?

extant-season-2-jeffrey-dean-morgan-interview.jpg

Just replace him with Javier Bardem. Phenomenal actor and he fits the current aesthetic really well.

Morgan would have been fucking great, but he's already played Thomas Wayne in the DCEU.

Actually, just do an adaption of Flashpoint Paradox and he can be Batman. Boom.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Snyder doesn't like you
Ben doesn't like you

DC fans really are a damaged bunch. Damn masochists.

Have to wonder, if Affleck stays on, will people use a little more scrutiny when hearing rumors from nerd bloggers? Or if he leaves, will we have to believe every dumb thing they say, like a 95% certainty the MCU Spider-Man won't be a white kid?

Ninjimbo

Have to wonder, if Affleck stays on, will people use a little more scrutiny when hearing rumors from nerd bloggers? Or if he leaves, will we have to believe every dumb thing they say, like a 95% certainty the MCU Spider-Man won't be a white kid?
They'll probably ignore it to make it fit whatever narrative they've cooked up.

If that was gonna happen, it would've happened a long time ago.

People will do the same as now. Wait and see what happens OR believe what's more positive/negative for which ever camp they'll give their life for..it's all been done and will continue when we're dead and gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom