• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Flashpoint is too convoluted, you mainly want a Rebirth where it's the same universe with a new tone.

I would love to be a fly on the wall right now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
People will do the same as now. Wait and see what happens OR believe what's more positive/negative for which ever camp they'll give their life for..it's all been done and will continue when we're dead and gone..

That took a dark turn......

I like it.

Loxley

You know what I realized today? When looked at on its own, the Batmobile from Batman & Robin is actually pretty fucking slick. Especially those giant-ass batwings on the back.

TpPkhkg.jpg

s8wDVfk.jpg

Obviously the bizarre lack of a canopy prevents it from achieving god-tier status (the wheels could use a bit of a redesign as well), but overall? I think it's pretty cool call-back to the elongated, art deco design of the Burton-mobile.

You know what I realized today? When looked at on its own, the Batmobile from Batman & Robin is actually pretty fucking slick. Especially those giant-ass batwings on the back.

Obviously the bizarre lack of a canopy prevents it from achieving god-tier status (the wheels could use a bit of a redesign as well), but overall? I think it's pretty cool call-back to the elongated, art-deco design of the Burton-mobile.

I can't get over the wings wobbling as it drives. BvS Batmobile is nearly the best, if not for being a little too big and having the unaesthetic gun on the front.

Bad dceu news to me is just slow news day for hollywood reporters. Easy clicks.

Not that it's necessary true or false, just that this bad news always somehow comes in spades.

Momoa talking Aquaman recently

Batman has had a lot of cool video games over the years. What would the Aquaman video game be if you were in charge?

I read the (Aquaman) script and let me just put it this way, I’ve never seen a movie that’s anything like this. It’s going to be a world that you’ve never seen before, which is really cool. We went to space, we traveled all over different worlds, but we never went underwater. So it’s just a really cool spin on what’s below and it uses a lot of great movies that I already love — whether that be Raiders of the Lost Ark to Star Wars to Lord of the Rings to Romancing the Stone. It has a lot of really cool adventure, it’s funny and heroic, and there’s a lot of different characters and a lot of different worlds that we get to go to. So I’ve never really seen anything like it. I think it would be an absolutely amazing game and that would be the greatest character in the world.

How did staring in Game of Thrones help prepare you for stepping into the DC Extended Universe with Justice League?

Zack Snyder is a huge fan of Game of Thrones and I met him in the training stunt facility that I train at and I guess he really liked me because he later called me into his office and we talked about playing Aquaman. He had a really cool vision for what he wanted to do and how he wanted me to look. It’s kind of Zack’s baby.

Conan the Barbarian was always a bad ass. Aquaman, not so much. What do you feel your own background in playing heroes has done for making Arthur Curry cool for a new generation?

Well, I think that’s really fucking hard, John, because I’m getting made fun of a little bit. But the cool thing with Aquaman is how it taps into the native culture and that’s something that we’re only taught a little about, so there’s a lot of interesting things. I really think it’s the right time. It’s really cool. Zack is one of those perspectives on it and DC is really getting behind it. It was a ballsy step. They did it, and I’m extremely happy with the world they’ve created. It’s an honor to be part of this.

Ross61

Good to see Aquaman going great. But was the same thing that happened to Wonder Woman until the mess rumors started happening. (I don't believe them tho.)

The only thing that worries me is the script writer.

Ninjimbo

So let me throw out a hypothetical: let's say Wonder Woman gets a warm reception and makes bank, but Justice League gets the usual Snyder reception and garners respectable numbers, what's the storyline going forward?

What are people going to be saying? Is it doom and gloom or a bit of optimism and hope?

shingi70

Banned
So let me throw out a hypothetical: let's say Wonder Woman gets a warm reception and makes bank, but Justice League gets the usual Snyder reception and garners respectable numbers, what's the storyline going forward?

What are people going to be saying? Is it doom and gloom or a bit of optimism and hope?

It's going to be that Snyder is the problem.

LionPride

Banned

Snyder needs to leave

That's it

Then Snyder is what we call the 'common denominator'.

Ninjimbo

Not enough to be credited for any possible success. But it will certainly be mentioned with any shortcomings.
Snyder put up the money for it, so he'll get some credit. Quite frankly if the universe takes off after this year, it's because Snyder worked his ass off for like half a decade to bring these characters to the screen.

But anyways, with my hypothetical does the doom and gloom stall for a little bit? While we wait for Mamoaman, do we chill and talk about Amber Heard and how Lebron sucks?

Simple..

It's going to be that Snyder is the problem.

Then Snyder is what we call the 'common denominator'.

There it is. Look, I'm not really a fan of Gal Gadot. Lemme rephrase..I haven't seen her be good acting wise in anything I've seen, but I'm definitely a big fan of Monster, and Patty Jenkins is running the show, so I'm very optimistic. Most folks I've talked to are pretty pumped from watching the trailers..I think it'll do fine.

Snyder put up the money for it, so he'll get some credit. Quite frankly if the universe takes off after this year, it's because Snyder worked his ass off for like half a decade to bring these characters to the screen.

But anyways, with my hypothetical does the doom and gloom stall for a little bit? While we wait for Mamoaman, do we chill and talk about Amber Heard and how Lebron sucks?

LeBron is the Superman.

Busty

Banned
Jesus Christ I go away for a week and what the hell is this?

It's the Internet spinning it's wheels again. I just don't see a situation where Affleck walks away from the DCU a whole NINE months before Justice League is released.

If/when Matt Reeves closes his deal with Warner Bros expect a press release with a quote from Ben Affleck about how excited he is to be working with Reeves etc,etc.

It's the Internet spinning it's wheels again. I just don't see a situation where Affleck walks away from the DCU a whole NINE months before Justice League is released.

If/when Matt Reeves closes his deal with Warner Bros expect a press release with a quote from Ben Affleck about how excited he is to be working with Reeves etc,etc.

Man, Reeves is going to be bombarded with Batman questions in his Ape promo tour, lol.

firelogic

lol They won't reboot if Affleck walks. They'll just replace him. You could easily have a stunt guy in a batsuit with some digital effects to resemble Affleck's lower face and some villain manages to ice Bruce and Nightwing takes over Bat duties. Problem solved in a 6 minute scene.

Exactly what I'm thinking. The best part of Batman is when you see Batman, i.e. in the suit. ANYONE with the same build can play the part. It's not like any live action Batman ever delivered any scintillating dialogue in full costume. People loved Batman in BvS because of the suit design, tone, the way he was shot, and the fight choreography. Nothing that can't be done with another actor for a short time to establish why Bruce is no longer Batman (if Affleck is so sour that he won't even do it himself).

Blader

If Affleck walked, they could easily recast with a younger guy and spin it as wanting to make the solo Batman movie a BvS prequel. They could even still keep Simmons and Irons.

If Affleck walked, they could easily recast with a younger guy and spin it as wanting to make the solo Batman movie a BvS prequel. They could even still keep Simmons and Irons.

I kinda don't see the point. Recasting is a thing that happens. People would get over it, me thinks..

Man, Reeves is going to be bombarded with Batman questions in his Ape promo tour, lol.

i wonder if he stipulates in his contract that the news doesn't come out until apes is out lol.

nobody wants the most vocal and annoying segment of the film press, the comic nerd media, constantly bombarding them with questions about this shit all the time

"So yeah this movie I was in made me recall some tough things in my past to get the performance right. Like my former addiction to drugs"

"Oh yeah that's cool...so what's it like fighting alongside spiderman and iron man in the new marvel movie. any hints on thanos in the next movie?"

ben-affleck-sad-smoke-002.nocrop.w670.h446.jpg

IconGrist

I think these paparazzi or whoever are grabbing these pics of Ben share the absolute worst one they grab to make him look bad. I really despise people sometimes.

i wonder if he stipulates in his contract that the news doesn't come out until apes is out lol.

nobody wants the most vocal and annoying segment of the film press, the comic nerd media, constantly bombarding them with questions about this shit all the time

"So yeah this movie I was in made me recall some tough things in my past to get the performance right. Like my former addiction to drugs"

"Oh yeah that's cool...so what's it like fighting alongside spiderman and iron man in the new marvel movie. any hints on thanos in the next movie?"

ben-affleck-sad-smoke-002.nocrop.w670.h446.jpg

You're being ridiculous with this here. EVERYONE is asking these questions. It's fucking Batman, homie. I know you like taking jabs, but these actors/directors are being asked questions about these high profile rolls by every single outlet right now, from YouTube guy 1,593 on up. Affleck isn't the first or the last that this has happened to..

We live in the information age and we're somehow wondering why folks are getting asked questions about future movies they're involved in? The hell? These folks know it comes with the job..if you're involved in anything DC/Marvel/Lucas, you're gonna get asked questions about it. Gosling gets questions about Blade Runner while talking La La..is that surprising all of the sudden?

Alf plz. Why must you counter my inflammatory nonsense with reasonable logic

I see your point for sure. But man I wonder if all this rumor mongering ever gets on their nerves.

Snyder prolly doing rage squats and bench presses in the gym right now as we all speculate about his universe being burnt down

Did they reboot the DCEU yet? can we get Brandon Routh back? Have they replaced Ben with Gerard Butler yet? Can we resume the superman's bastard son storyline? When's Nick Cage?

Alf plz. Why must you counter my inflammatory nonsense with reasonable logic

I see your point for sure. But man I wonder if all this rumor mongering ever gets on their nerves.

Snyder prolly doing rage squats and bench presses in the gym right now as we all speculate about his universe being burnt down

I'm just saying, this isn't some unique "funny book nerd" phenomenon. Once you're attached to a particular brand, it's a wrap. The recent question constantly asked of Keanu is when's Bill and Ted's coming back? Dude is on his Wick press junket, but everyone and their mother won't stop asking.

Same happened with Mads before Strange released.."What about Star Wars?" You can tell he was not thrilled about it, but he played along. Teller gets asked about Fan4stic..for whatever reason. Radcliffe has to endure Harry Potter comeback questions until he's dead lol. It's the nature of the beast..

Shit. In this very thread folks await the next Reddit rumor to pass the time before just a sentence or two is uttered by anyone involved with the DCEU. Folks are hungry for info. Info generates clicks. Clicks generates cash..and they're all in it for the money. Even at their most annoyed, they understand that everybody is eating..that's the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom