• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4) confirmed for Asia PS+

the chris

Grimløck;102312239 said:
i've never played this game. who to believe?!

If it's free definitely try it, I bought it back when it first came out on the PS3 for $15 and found the game to be really dull and ended up erasing it the same day.

I hope Dead Nation retains the same co-op mode(offline and online). Also, I hope NA gets Tokyo Jungle, too. That looked wacky, but I never got around to getting it.

baekshi

Banned
Dead Nation was announced for Vita at E3, and it's still MIA. A PS4 port has yet to be announced, and it's already coming out. Great job SCE!

I love this game though, I hope it's the cross buy so I can finally get the DLC and play it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So Tokyo jungle as well? I never got around to that but always wanted to
It could go either way. The different regions seem to have a bit more autonomy with their Vita/PS3 PS+ selections compared to the PS4 PS+ games so what might pop up as free for PS3 in one region doesn't mean the other regions will also offer it.

Really excited for this. Platinumed DN on PS3 and played the shit out of the DLC. Will be getting my PS4 at the end of March, can't wait!

If it's free definitely try it, I bought it back when it first came out on the PS3 for $15 and found the game to be really dull and ended up erasing it the same day.

I didn't go as far as erasing it on the same day haha, but yeah it's probably Housemarque's weakest compared to SS, Outland, and Resogun.

bebop242

Didn't care for it much when they gave out the ps3 version (from PSN outage fiasco, if i remember right). Not a fan of recycling past gen games for +, but i'll deal with it since we are only 4+ months in. Just hope this doesn't start a trend.

Anteater

asia ps+ actually give out games? I subscribed to the EU one because of how shit the asia one was almost a year ago.

RytGear

This is good news as this could be heralding a new Dead Nation, whenever a game goes on plus it is generally building hype and recognition for the sequel or new DLC.

Aversion

Banned
The thing I really wanna know about a Dead Nation PS4 is how improved it is over the PS3 version. I loved the PS3 version at launch but it was jaggy and not very pretty, with no voice-chat support. It would still be awesome if we got a next-gen port for PS+

Game is hardly that jaggy and I am a certified fucking AA madman with a high-end pc. I am going to go with the notion that this is going to look even better. They always had voice chat. Did you play a beta or something lol?

This is going to be incredible fun for me and a couple friends. I can't wait to see the new eye candy. Gonna be a gorefest yayayayayay.

Pimpwerx

Yaaay

Now more people get to taste how unawesome Housemarque can be if they want to.

What a shitty game Dead Nation was.
:(

Never played it, and how it's at least as good as Walking Dead on android. I enjoyed that one.

That 10% of Infamous sounds good though. That'll let us preorder the limited edition for $54. I'm definitely jumping on that. PEACE.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Started playing it yesterday after I don't know how many years sitting in my backlog. Will now stop :)

Looked really nice to me. took a but of getting used to no killing the zombies quickly - I kind of went in expecting smash TV I guess. 1080p won't make a huge amount of difference, but I'd quite like stereo 3D.

DeweyChat

Banned
Did the devs tells something about this version ?

I guess 1080p/60 but it would be nice to have some additions (and the DLC could be great since I never tried them but loved the original game)

Im torn. I love dead nation, but I want a sequel not a re-release. Now im wondering are publishers gonna do this all gen. No backwarda compatibility??!?! Who needs it! Just release the pay for it twice u idiot edition smh

Artorias

Banned
Great game for coop, but it gets kinda boring alone as you have fewer strategic options.

I had no idea it was so divisive, haha. One of those rare games that appears to have kicked a few peoples dogs.

NastyBook

I had no idea it was so divisive, haha. One of those rare games that appears to have kicked a few peoples dogs.
Also surprised at the hate. Outside of a few connection issues I had trying to get some co-op games going, I generally enjoyed Dead Nation. Will definitely be watching people stream it when it drops.

900bv

Banned
Well, looks I was wrong. Fuck.

But hey, it's a game. It's four years old and was free in 2011 but it's a game.

Great game for coop, but it gets kinda boring alone as you have fewer strategic options.

There's nothing wrong with the game itself, it's actually really great. The problem I have is that they already gave this away to PS3 owners years ago, not to mention I've played it to death and I have absolutely no desire to play it again.

I'll also add that this really should have been Wipeout HD/Fury.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There's nothing wrong with the game itself, it's actually really great. The problem I have is that they already gave this away to PS3 owners years ago, not to mention I've played it to death and I have absolutely no desire to play it again.

I'll also add that this really should have been Wipeout HD/Fury.

If they are bringing old PSN only games across to PS4, then they really should bring wipeout across too.

Aucool

Smells like a rushed port made only to give a new ps4 game to plus subscribers :/. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Flayer

I loved Dead Nation on the PS3 so this is great news. I wonder if it has anything other than graphical improvements though.

I'm still waiting on getting 2 games a month from PS+ on PS4, not saying I'm not happy with the quality games we are getting, but I usually finish the one game we get in a few days but then it's a whole month to wait for the next to come along

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm still waiting on getting 2 games a month from PS+ on PS4, not saying I'm not happy with the quality games we are getting, but I usually finish the one game we get in a few days but then it's a whole month to wait for the next to come along

Not enough games on the market. If you want some games for PS4, you'll have to buy a few.

RulkezX

Not really a game that'll benefit that much from an upressed port , and everyone already had it for PS3.

Disappointing offerings tbh.

Top Bottom