• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4) confirmed for Asia PS+

Looking forward to this, loved it on the PS3 and if there is anything that Flower/Tomb Raider has taught me it's that games remade on the PS4 are great!

Famassu

Dead Nation was announced for Vita at E3, and it's still MIA. A PS4 port has yet to be announced, and it's already coming out. Great job SCE!
Because one is comparable to the other. *rolleyes* Porting to PS4 is an easy job, porting to Vita probably requires a fuckton more work, if they are to make the game run in even somewhat decent framerate & resolution on Vita without looking like total shit, especially with a game like Dead Nation which is all about having tons of zombies on screen at once and the physics when you blow them to pieces.

Not as uninteresting as Contrast and Don't Starve but still not something I'm desperate enough to play. I remember getting pretty close to the platinum on PS3 and just completely losing interest. Sony getting kinda pathetic giving us the same free game twice though, but I guess this is ok for those who haven't played it.

The zombie genre is thriving. This game makes business sense considering XB1 has Dead Rising 3; AMC's The Walking Dead is the highest rated show; gamers have been wanting Left 4 Dead 3...

...I was excited (still am) for the PSV port announcement. I'm even more excited for the PS4 announcement, though.

As a PS4 and PSV owner - I never owned a PS3 - I've had my eye on this game and as a 360 owner last gen, there are a lot of gamers like me who loved Sony's gaming direction but never invested in their console. When the next gen came, I weighed the types of IPs Sony & MS delivered across the gen and decided MS had been too little, too late.

It's not really pathetic, as it's a smart selection for multiplayer (co-op) that adds a zombie genre game, to the PS4 library.

Takao

Banned
Because one is comparable to the other. *rolleyes* Porting to PS4 is an easy job, porting to Vita probably requires a fuckton more work, if they are to make the game run in even somewhat decent framerate & resolution on Vita without looking like total shit, especially with a game like Dead Nation which is all about having tons of zombies on screen at once and the physics when you blow them to pieces.

We're starting to approach a year from that port's announcement. Don't you think that's just a bit excessive?

netguy503

Housemarque: Hold your horses, we'll have all the answers you want in the next 24/48h, and not much before that.

https://twitter.com/housemarque/status/438634328042782720

All the answers you want huh? That's cool because a person asked about 3D support for Resogun on that very page. :)

He also asked about 3D support for dead nation but it's a top down shooter guys, I'm not sure that would work well/ how effective that would even be.

sakipon

Not everyone has a PS3, you know.

I bet most of the day one PS4 enthusiasts have supported Sony before aswell. So due to some minority the rest of us have to deal with an old freebie and wait another month for the next title.

I do like Dead Nation and bought the DLC on PS3, but I still think giving out this game to PS+ customers was a bad idea.

ckleow

Looks like it's a PS3 Port with Road of Devastation DLC included

ku8AbrR.jpg

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/regional/gamedetails?id=23691

All the answers you want huh? That's cool because a person asked about 3D support for Resogun on that very page. :)

Pretty certain Housemarque have said previously that they would be working on a 3D patch for this.

He also asked about 3D support for dead nation but it's a top down shooter guys, I'm not sure that would work well/ how effective that would even be

Worked great on SSHD, imagine blood splatters hitting the screen, as long as they weren't too obstructive I think it would work well.

Playing Zelda on the 3DS in 3D and it looks nice when in 3D mode.

Footos22

Hope this is a significant upgrade.
Already have the ps3 version , as much as i liked it, i would expect it to be free for ppl who had the original anyway , like flow and flower.
Must go back and platinum the original.
only got 2 or 3 trophies to go.

Looks like it's a PS3 Port with Road of Devastation DLC included

ku8AbrR.jpg

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/regional/gamedetails?id=23691

huh, this also states it would be developed by Housemarque themselves?

Hope this is a significant upgrade.
Already have the ps3 version , as much as i liked it, i would expect it to be free for ppl who had the original anyway , like flow and flower.
Must go back and platinum the original.
only got 2 or 3 trophies to go.

it probably wont though, thats why they named it differently :D

Top Bottom