• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 announced for PS4/Xbox1

Like a Soul Calibur with...good single player. Hah.
vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

AAK

All costumes included? If so I'd buy.

All costumes? Man, I think if you collect all the costumes on PSN the total would come to like $130. I highly doubt they'd simply give it all up into one package. Would be impossibly awesome if they did.

fernoca

If it's the game with every piece of DLC I'll get it. Buying DLC for DOA5U on PS3 is a mess combined with the required update you need for each.

Any word on if the DLC characters will be in the base game? I assume nothing has been said?
Anyways if the DLC characters are there for free I'll get this day 1.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Any word on if the DLC characters will be in the base game? I assume nothing has been said?
Anyways if the DLC characters are there for free I'll get this day 1.

It'll likely include all the DLC characters. Probably a bunch of DLC costumes too, but not all of them.

You're probably right, but I'm not really itching for more DOA anyway. SG and Xrd will be enough fightan game for my PS4 for next year I suspect unless this is either a great value or something else pops up. Like a Soul Calibur with online free of mashers or a good single player. Hah.

LordS_of_the_fallen.jpg

It would be great if Namco could get this new developer (CI Games) to help work on that single player content. They have a good eye and visual style I'd like to see in a Soul Calibur campaign.

ShinFuYux

So, what are the chances of them Adding Lei Fei and Brad Burns to this game? If they do, this game becomes an instant buy!!!

Griss

I imagine they won't include bikini DLC (as that's the stuff that sells) but it's the other costumes that I like and I'm hopeful we'll get them included.

Most important packs to include:
1. Casual Collection
2. Halloween Costumes (Jann Lee's is still one of the greatest costumes ever)
3. Sports Gear

If we got those three alone, that would be great. The last year of DLC has been the laziest shit, too, so I don't mind if we get none of that. (For those who don't know, we've gotten the girls in nurse outfits, the girls in gym clothes, the girls in bath towels, the girls in maid costumes, the girls in overalls etc. Absolute crap.)

mao2

Great news! Hopefully the graphics will be significantly powered-up, especially for the stages.

So, what are the chances of them Adding Lei Fei and Brad Burns to this game? If they do, this game becomes an instant buy!!!
Might as well ask Team Ninja to make Virtua Fighter 6. :p

Sotha_Sil

I'm normally not into fighting games, but DOA can sometimes be fun to mess around on. Tina and Jann Lee were my favorites, but it's been a while since I played.

oni_saru

Please, just give me at least one more nice looking male character and a few sexy costumes for the dudes. That's all I want. This isn't too much to ask. DO YOU WANT ME TO BEG???
This!!

Tekken Tag 2 has us covered till then! Bless Harada for the male swimsuits!! Lawd.gif

Pimpbaa

Can't believe some prefer the old models. They were already outdated looking by doa3. New models are like ridiculous better. Perhaps too good for last gen consoles (lower quality backgrounds as a result). Shouldn't be a problem with "next gen" systems however. Also hope to see some stuff like sub surface scattering on the characters skin, increased polygon counts for more rounded features, improved sweat effect, better physics for clothes hair and uh...boobs.

jbug617

Banned
Some info just came out on the Team Spooky Summer Jam stream.

This is the last DOA5 game. Game is coming out on XB1, PS4, 360 and PS3 and it will be playable at TFC (FGC Tournament in Raleigh NC) October 10-12.

Some info just came out on the Team Spooky Summer Jam stream.

This is the last DOA5 game. Game is coming out on XB1, PS4, 360 and PS3 and it will be playable at TFC (FGC Tournament in Raleigh NC) October 10-12.

since its coming out on last gen as well i'm assuming (actually really just hoping) all the DLC and costumes are included in one disc.

Bardiche

The PS4 is in need of fighters but I'll only get this if

• All of the DLC content is available
  • The guys have more skimpy outfits
  • They include more Virtua Fighter characters like: Aoi, Goh, and Kage,
I've already gotten the original and Ultimate, so Marie Rose is not enough to justify another purchase.

They should make a beach volleyball game with the guys of DoA, now that is a game I would get day 1.

LowParry

I wonder how much of the costumes they'll have on disk to unlock on PS4/XBONE. I may get it depending on the content since I already have it on PS3.

bon

so what are the odds that they'll include all of the previous costume DLC in this version at no extra charge?

m0t0k1

with Team Ninja bounce physics?

never seen that

What i meant was that they already worked on nintendo franchises like other m so they already have a design of her they could use in the doa5 u. She did appear in Doa Dimensions like 16-bit says. Same goes for ridley. They also are working on Hyrule warriors so that should be even more easy to port character models to the wiiu version. They could even add link would be fun to see him make a return in a fighting game but he fits more into the Soul Caliber world. And if the boobs physics bothers you, you can turn them off in the option menu.

Their feet are clipping through the sand.

Didn't the previous games have deformable terrain?
Character models aside, the game is a massive downgrade from DOA4.

No reflections, no deformable terrain, awful IQ and textures, and few environmental effects. Even DOA3 had blowing leaves and such.

Guessing those character models came at a price. The game is even 30fps vs 60fps(doa4) and it also has no aa iirc.
It's not 30fps. The only DOA game to run at 30fps is Dimensions in 3D mode.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I bought this the other day for 360.

$5 though. Can't complain.

Top Bottom