• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

LowParry

Honoko is pretty cool. I don't like her but her moveset of how mixed is fun. Played about 5 matches online (PS4) with green to blue bars (4 - 5) all very solid. But need to spend some time in the lab with characters and go from there.

thatJohann

i don't get the barrage of DLC for this game on the PS Store. I hate this micro transaction generation. It's like they price it at $40 for entry then to get the full content you end up paying over $60 for sure. So lame.

BashNasty

Really looking forward to picking this up after work today. It'll be my first version of Dead or Alive 5, so it's a perfect jumping in point, particularly at 1080p and 40 bucks.

Okay, xbone owners, turning off 'throwdowns' completely while playing solo mode has made it possible to string more than 3 stages together. Haven't had a crash yet since turning off throwdowns.

LowParry

Ah shame, we're splitting the online userbase from 2 ways with Ultimate, to 4 ways with Last Round. I still don't own a PS4 or Xbox One so I hope there are lots of PS3 players still.

I would guess there should be a good healthy community on the PS3 still. Lot more consoles out there than PS4.

DR2K

Banned
i don't get the barrage of DLC for this game on the PS Store. I hate this micro transaction generation. It's like they price it at $40 for entry then to get the full content you end up paying over $60 for sure. So lame.

It's cosmetic DLC. They aren't cutting a portion of the game from the disc.

LowParry

Oh and expect a crap load of Kasumi players for the next week or so. F2P'n all. That was all that I faced online was Kasumi's.

Azuardo

It's cosmetic DLC. They aren't cutting a portion of the game from the disc.

Will never understand people that moan about optional cosmetic DLC.

Now more than ever with their F2P version, costume DLC is perfect for them to bring a stream of cash in, without taking away anything else from owners. You get a full game and optional costumes. I have no issues with this.

LowParry

So both consoles have freezing issues?

I'm still testing right now doing a third arcade playthrough. I'm chalking it up as bad luck for now. Also what's the detail option in the character selection?

Edit: Exiting out of a game in arcade takes a bit of time but it eventually goes through.

czarship

I only see Last Round: Core Fighters on the PSN Store. Is the full PS4 game coming in a later store update or am I blind?

SkylineRKR

I've yet to encounter an issue on PS4, its smooth sailing so far. I turned off throwdowns right off the bat since it was utter shit on last gen.

OSHAN

I've yet to encounter an issue on PS4, its smooth sailing so far. I turned off throwdowns right off the bat since it was utter shit on last gen.

I remember throwdowns causing issues with the original DOA5 when it came out as well. Sounds like disabling that shit is the way to go until the patch.

Pimpbaa

Gonna be a pain to download the costumes I own individually. Even worse a few of the costumes I know I own is not showing up as a free download.

Griss

Team Ninja needs new network programmers desperately. Their in-game netcode isn't good, ranked matchmaking was an utter disaster that they never fixed over 2 and a half years, the 'connection quality' indicator rarely worked correctly and now throwdowns appear to be freezing / crashing the game.

All of that points to one big flaw in their development house - the network programmers.

FHIZ

Downloading now to my PS4, now I wait for the PS3 DLC I bought with the 10% off promo to become downloadable for this version. I'm REALLY hoping since I never actually played the PS3 version that I'm not fucked when it comes to this. The official site's faq makes it seem like I'll be okay, but the way everything is listed, I wouldn't be surprised if wires get crossed on PSN's end.

synce

Looks like zero effort went into improving the online, unless you count adding more useless ranks as effort.

thelastword

Banned
At least the forest stage doesn't look like a mess anymore.

10987010_1551903158406069_2947823334462458866_n.jpg

Not great but not nearly as jarring.

Gameplay with DS4? D-pad is fucking perfect.
This screen is not flattering at all, it looks really really bad. DOA4 looks much better than this, it textures, it's stages it's colors.

I'm really underwhelmed by the visual output of this game. I'm getting consistent stutter during fights and the texture detail just isn't there. It feels like they painted a blurry haze over things. The game itself is fun.

I think it was held back completely by the older systems.
From the time I saw the first trailer, I knew something was amiss, why do a port with no enhancements to the visuals, who cares if breasts jiggle more if your game's textures are so laughably bad. IQ is really bad on this game and it's not like it's a looker either, the only thing decent are the models, yet they're are still plagued by jaggies and a nasty blurry looking filter.

This boggles my mind. How the hell does the ps4 version not have any sort of AA during game play? Any word on if the x1 version has AA?
No nada, I was so looking forward to this game, at first I thought, just give me better textures and AA and I'm good. When they revealed gameplay I saw no improvement to environments or textures, I said ok, I'll just settle on some good AA, well that didn't happen either. Last week, I watched a stream on twitch, this game was still a bland looking, jaggy mess, so disappointed.

I'll tell you something, I've been supporting the hell out of hayashi since Itagaki left, maybe hayashi is not directly responsible for DOA, but one thing's for sure Itagaki would have never allowed such a lacklustre port on the new gen systems. Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3 looked like a whole new upgrade from the xbox version visually, this is as far as ports go when he was around.

I like Helena with loose hair, I think.

10253803_1551946531735065_5771431990010318679_n.jpg
Those ground textures, is that not PS2 level? Maybe DOA5's gameplay has improved but it's visuals and spectacle took many steps back.

czarship

Gonna be a pain to download the costumes I own individually. Even worse a few of the costumes I know I own is not showing up as a free download.

I'm wondering the same thing. Most of the costumes I already own on the PS3 are listed with a price. I hope that gets sorted soon.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
On a positive note, the free update to LR for the PS3 version includes all the contest costumes for free. You just have to unlock them. Color me surprised TK giving away free stuff.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
This screen is not flattering at all, it looks really really bad. DOA4 looks much better than this, it textures, it's stages it's colors.

From the time I saw the first trailer, I knew something was amiss, why do a port with no enhancements to the visuals, who cares if breasts jiggle more if your game's textures are so laughably bad. IQ is really bad on this game and it's not like it's a looker either, the only thing decent are the models, yet they're are still plagued by jaggies and a nasty blurry looking filter.

No nada, I was so looking forward to this game, at first I thought, just give me better textures and AA and I'm good. When they revealed gameplay I saw no improvement to environments or textures, I said ok, I'll just settle on some good AA, well that didn't happen either. Last week, I watched a stream on twitch, this game was still a bland looking, jaggy mess, so disappointed.

I'll tell you something, I've been supporting the hell out of hayashi since Itagaki left, maybe hayashi is not directly responsible for DOA, but one thing's for sure Itagaki would have never allowed such a lacklustre port on the new gen systems. Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3 looked like a whole new upgrade from the xbox version visually, this is as far as ports go when he was around.

Those ground textures, is that not PS2 level? Maybe DOA5's gameplay has improved but it's visuals and spectacle took many steps back.

you're about three years and versions too late to start complaining about DOA5 and pining for the old days.

FHIZ

Okay, so having bought the PS3 DLC, I'm gonna have to download each individual costume as a new purchase (on top of waiting until they're shown as free in the store front for me?) man, was hoping I could just go "download that bundle"

Demoskinos

Oh boy weird. I bought the Digital version. Received a receipt and everything and yet the game isn't registering as having a licence.

Moofers

Does anyone here have the PS3 version as well as the PS4 version? I'd love to see screenshots of both side by side, particularly of the Forest stage since its my favorite. I was gutted to see how awful it looked in DOA5U.

I wanted to get this new version because I thought it'd be the definitive version with the best graphics and whatnot, but man I'm thinking I should just stick with the PS3 version since it uses my arcade stick and doesn't crash.

Dominator

I wasn't expecting anything substantial but the story in this is so weird lol just throws you into a new fighter after 3 fights with the last person.

Diebuster

Downloaded all of my DLC except for the Private Paradise movies and the Hot Getaway costumes. I bought the bundle on Vita so I should have both, but they're not showing up as free on PS4.

Anyone else having this issue?

FHIZ

Downloaded all of my DLC except for the Private Paradise movies and the Hot Getaway costumes. I bought the bundle on Vita so I should have both, but they're not showing up as free on PS4.

Anyone else having this issue?

Was just about to post the same thing about the Hot Getaway costumes. Bought the bundle, still showing up as 1.99 on my PSN store.

Also, I think I read it elsewhere, but not all the DLC is going up today as compatible, is it?

Skilletor

Does anyone here have the PS3 version as well as the PS4 version? I'd love to see screenshots of both side by side, particularly of the Forest stage since its my favorite. I was gutted to see how awful it looked in DOA5U.

I wanted to get this new version because I thought it'd be the definitive version with the best graphics and whatnot, but man I'm thinking I should just stick with the PS3 version since it uses my arcade stick and doesn't crash.

PS4 version doesn't crash.

It's definitely the definitive version for me. Better IQ, more stages, guaranteed to get all of the DLC going forward, ability to stream and record at the touch of a button.

Most of all, I'll never have to use the PSN store on PS3 EVER AGAIN.

Astral

I just downloaded Core Fighters on PS4. Everything except versus mode and training mode is locked and says "currently being installed." Am I supposed to just wait or something?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I just downloaded Core Fighters on PS4. Everything except versus mode and training mode is locked and says "currently being installed." Am I supposed to just wait or something?

I am baffled by this as well. Hard reset my ps4, the game says it's installed, there's no status bar or anything, but nothing on this is accessible lol.

Top Bottom