• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Nori Chan

So, playing it now (XB1) and for some reason Story Mode is still locked even though I paid $40. Could me not playing on "my home Xbox" (for game sharing purposes) have a role in that?

Also, I've noticed hiccups in the game too. Random quick pauses during gameplay. Game froze up on me once too.

Seems like a really messy port.

Probably haven't downloaded the unlock story mode part...yeah it's dumb. Check your queue and under game management to see if there are more things to install

Bgamer90

Banned
Yeah, seems like I don't have the story mode because I'm playing on an Xbox that isn't set to "my home Xbox".

Hopefully I can get it straightened out.

Probably haven't downloaded the unlock story mode part...yeah it's dumb. Check your queue and under game management to see if there are more things to install

Yeah, I'll do that first.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's defo a rushed port. Even yesterday before the patch hit they had "bugs" notices on the info page for the Last Round upgrade on PS3 and PS4 versions. Not surprised there's more "crashes to avoid" on X-box. :/ Guess they'll delay the PC version further while they hammer these out in a patch across all platforms.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
How can you release a game that's a port of a re-release and still have it crash??

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's defo a rushed port. Even yesterday before the patch hit they had "bugs" notices on the info page for the Last Round upgrade on PS3 and PS4 versions. Not surprised there's more "crashes to avoid" on X-box. :/ Guess they'll delay the PC version further while they hammer these out in a patch across all platforms.
Pc had enough delays. Sush you!

Okay, I'm out. Another crash, just by playing solo arcade. Trying to play 3 stages is pushing it. This is really the worst game I've played in a long while for system bugs/crashes. The forever loading screen was a nice new one. Best of luck to those on xbox one trying to play this game. It's unplayable and I'm not wasting any more time with it until it is fixed. Above me, Koei, above me.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Actually, I looked at the list of new ps4 add ons, and it showed rachel as free now. Got it added to my account too! I don't think i have ever bought that costume.

Griss

I just don't understand how Team Ninja could be so cheap / incompetent with such an important port. What the fuck is their business logic over there?

I mean, I was surprised that they didn't get DoA5 out on next-gen within 6 months of launch when there was no competition with fighters and very few next-gen games overall and their Core Fighters model could have really been amazing for picking up people who'd just bought a system and would be willing to try any F2P game with good graphics.. Instead we get it a year and a half later and it comes in hot as fuck, stuffed full of bugs, with basically no new improvements whatsoever.

How do they think this is a good idea? Do they not realize they hurt their IP by doing this? That they'll hurt DoA6? Why does it take them so long to do a simple port? Why could they not get AA done when fans noticed the lack of AA when the game was revealed last August - six months ago? And the PR said 'we'll get onto that, everything's still in flux' but nothing in the game changed one bit (from what I could tell) from then until release. You seriously couldn't put in AA with the power of these console in all of that time?

DoA5 launched two and a half years ago. DoA5U launched one and a half years ago, and was a pretty standard update. They have had tons and tons of time to do this, and do it right. Instead we get this half assed bullshit with a $100 season pass.

Sorry, I've bought every version of this game so far but fuck right off with that. Glad I'm not in a position to buy it right now.

nikos

I'd like to pick this up but still don't have an arcade stick for PS4. It's the reason why I haven't picked up GG XRD yet. I've been waiting for USFIV to get one since it's my main fighting game.

I haven't really played DOA since DOA 3, so I'm out of the loop. Am I right to assume that a stick isn't as necessary in this game as it would be in SFIV? In SF, I'm good with a stick but awful with a pad. I feel like DOA would be more lenient, since it doesn't require precise inputs and timing. Am I wrong there?

Also, would the story mode alone be worth it? If I'm bad at this game on pad as well, I'd at least get some enjoyment out of that.

TLDR: Should I pick this up now if I'm bad at fighting games on pad, or wait until I get a stick? Thanks!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I didn't really expect AA at all. This is a pretty barebones port, and the improvements to the models you wont notice unless you've played the original DOA last gen versions TONS like i have.

1080p though seems like a really good IQ booster. Going to pick up my preorder pretty soon. Are the issues relegated to the XB1 version of the game? I really figured PS4 version was the 'lead platform' of this port for some reason..

Ninja Dom

I just don't understand how Team Ninja could be so cheap / incompetent with such an important port. What the fuck is their business logic over there?

I mean, I was surprised that they didn't get DoA5 out on next-gen within 6 months of launch when there was no competition with fighters and very few next-gen games overall and their Core Fighters model could have really been amazing for picking up people who'd just bought a system and would be willing to try any F2P game with good graphics.. Instead we get it a year and a half later and it comes in hot as fuck, stuffed full of bugs, with basically no new improvements whatsoever.

How do they think this is a good idea? Do they not realize they hurt their IP by doing this? That they'll hurt DoA6? Why does it take them so long to do a simple port? Why could they not get AA done when fans noticed the lack of AA when the game was revealed last August - six months ago? And the PR said 'we'll get onto that, everything's still in flux' but nothing in the game changed one bit (from what I could tell) from then until release. You seriously couldn't put in AA with the power of these console in all of that time?

DoA5 launched two and a half years ago. DoA5U launched one and a half years ago, and was a pretty standard update. They have had tons and tons of time to do this, and do it right. Instead we get this half assed bullshit with a $100 season pass.

Sorry, I've bought every version of this game so far but fuck right off with that. Glad I'm not in a position to buy it right now.

Team Ninja were really not prepared for PS4/Xbox One/Next Gen Console development, it seems. The Steam version should fair a bit better. I only say that because DOA 5 Ultimate has an arcade version that runs on PC based hardware.

SkylineRKR

Quoting myself because nobody has replied yet.

Seems so. I beat Arcade with her, and nearly done with combo training. Got no third or whatsoever.

I'd like to pick this up but still don't have an arcade stick for PS4. It's the reason why I haven't picked up GG XRD yet. I've been waiting for USFIV to get one since it's my main fighting game.

I haven't really played DOA since DOA 3, so I'm out of the loop. Am I right to assume that a stick isn't as necessary in this game as it would be in SFIV? In SF, I'm good with a stick but awful with a pad. I feel like DOA would be more lenient, since it doesn't require precise inputs and timing. Am I wrong there?

Also, would the story mode alone be worth it? If I'm bad at this game on pad as well, I'd at least get some enjoyment out of that.

TLDR: Should I pick this up now if I'm bad at fighting games on pad, or wait until I get a stick? Thanks!

I don't think you're wrong. I had a TE tick for Ps3 but I mostly used it on VF5 Final Showdown and Tekken. I absolutely can't play VF with pad.

DoA however, I rather play with pad. And the DS4 is very capable.

My order got delayed due to the weather so I guess I'll have to download core fighters for tonight. Now I gotta wait an extra day to actually play with my mains.

Bgamer90

Banned
Had to download all of the extra content (like story mode) piece by piece due to my Xbox not being set to "home Xbox".

Annoying but understandable. Just glad I have everything now.

nikos

Seems so. I beat Arcade with her, and nearly done with combo training. Got no third or whatsoever.

I don't think you're wrong. I had a TE tick for Ps3 but I mostly used it on VF5 Final Showdown and Tekken. I absolutely can't play VF with pad.

DoA however, I rather play with pad. And the DS4 is very capable.

Thanks! Might pick it up today.

Skilletor

Got mine. :)

TE2 works fine on it.

Dantis/Inorigo: Yeah, only two. :/

I dunno, maybe I'm just too used to DoA5, but I think this look fantastic. The crimson looks awesome.

PS4 version has worked perfectly fine for me for 2 hours now, also really nice that the game only takes 10gb according to the box. Didn't check the storage info on the system itself.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My PS4 copy arrived and Amazon sent the pre-order bonus code early. Glad there weren't any weather problems to delay delivery.

Now if I can only find some time to play it.

Top Bottom