• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Skilletor

friend is asking me how to transfer the Ps3 dlc to this version. I know there are instructions in the OP but its in japanese.

When the store updates, all of the DLC for the past versions will be on the store for PS4. Any that he bought should be free and he downloads them to PS4.

Assuming he's used the same PSN account for PS3/PS4, of course.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
friend is asking me how to transfer the Ps3 dlc to this version. I know there are instructions in the OP but its in japanese.

Just download the patch and it will ask you if you want to transfer the save data to it. DLC also transfers from what i see

Oh he means to PS4.

SkylineRKR

I like Helena with loose hair, I think.

10253803_1551946531735065_5771431990010318679_n.jpg

czarship

I'm reading a lot about crashing issues in this thread. Is the problem limited to the Xbox One version or does the PS4 have the same issue?

mintylurb

What Ive seen on freestepdodge.com it seems to be a XboxOne thing mostly

What the hell. Did TK hand x1/ps4 port job to High Voltage?
My copy is now on the way but if it really doesn't have any AA and is prone to crashes then I'm just returning it right away.

Man, that ground texture looks awful

Mindman

This boggles my mind. How the hell does the ps4 version not have any sort of AA during game play? Any word on if the x1 version has AA?

Lol, I know I won't be buying this now. I'll try Core Fighters and MAYBE wait for the PC version. That is just so pathetic.

Textures are blurry and hazy, the game crashes like crazy on xbox one (can't even play 3 minutes of gameplay without a crash...how does this get released?), and frankly it just doesn't deserve xbox one/ps4 support as bad as the image quality is.

I got this game because I want to support fighters but if this is what can be produced, maybe they should just die off. I wonder if I can get my money back?

Demoskinos

Looks like Last Round DLC is finally starting to make its way on to the Marketplace. The digital version of the PS4 version not up yet though.

When the store updates, all of the DLC for the past versions will be on the store for PS4. Any that he bought should be free and he downloads them to PS4.

Assuming he's used the same PSN account for PS3/PS4, of course.

Just download the patch and it will ask you if you want to transfer the save data to it. DLC also transfers from what i see

Oh he means to PS4.

thanks for the quick replies. And yeah i meant PS3 to PS4, sorry about the confusion.

DR2K

Banned
What the hell. Did TK hand x1/ps4 port job to High Voltage?
My copy is now on the way but if it really doesn't have any AA and is prone to crashes then I'm just returning it right away.

Man, that ground texture looks awful

X11 version seems to be the only one that crashes. There's no AA. Image quality is much higher though.

That's the worst ground texture in the game for what it's worth. It's mostly better than that in other stages.

SkylineRKR

Textures are blurry and hazy, the game crashes like crazy on xbox one (can't even play 3 minutes of gameplay without a crash...how does this get released?), and frankly it just doesn't deserve xbox one/ps4 support as bad as the image quality is.

I got this game because I want to support fighters but if this is what can be produced, maybe they should just die off. I wonder if I can get my money back?

Its one of the cheapest ports out there, its about as lazy as Injustice. Exactly the same upgrade. ie. very minor.

But I'm sort of happy with it. Ps4 version doesn't seem to crash at all and has solid performance overall. While disappointing overall, the IQ is better than last-gen. Controls are so too because of DS4 (never used my TE on DoA anyway).

Its a good purchase if you don't have another version and want a 3D fighter on next-gen. DoA5 is a fun fighting game. But if X1 version is indeed broken then that one is hard to recommend to anyone.

I'm reading a lot about crashing issues in this thread. Is the problem limited to the Xbox One version or does the PS4 have the same issue?

Xbox One Version.
If you play in a lobby the crashes seem to happen way less.
But i had at least 6 crashes in two hours of playing.

Ferr986

lo, so theres a guy on a PS4 stream that is choosing random girls and make them lose to stare at their defeat animations for a good while lol

mintylurb

X11 version seems to be the only one that crashes. There's no AA. Image quality is much higher though.

That's the worst ground texture in the game for what it's worth. It's mostly better than that in other stages.

I see. No AA in a last gen port is just..ugh. Thanks for the confirmation.

What does "detail" change in character select? Not really seeing any difference.

I've also gotten stuck on the arcade ending where it shows the scores. No buttons would work to open the next menu and had to close the game. On PS4.

Its one of the cheapest ports out there, its about as lazy as Injustice. Exactly the same upgrade. ie. very minor.

But I'm sort of happy with it. Ps4 version doesn't seem to crash at all and has solid performance overall. While disappointing overall, the IQ is better than last-gen. Controls are so too because of DS4 (never used my TE on DoA anyway).

Its a good purchase if you don't have another version and want a 3D fighter on next-gen. DoA5 is a fun fighting game. But if X1 version is indeed broken then that one is hard to recommend to anyone.

I could live with the IQ if the game wasn't so broken. I'm trying to get a refund for the xbox one version right now. Buyer, definitely beware.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What does "detail" change in character select? Not really seeing any difference.

I've also gotten stuck on the arcade ending where it shows the scores. No buttons would work to open the next menu and had to close the game. On PS4.

Panties

Timu

What modes does the X1 version crash in? And to those that experience the crash, is the game patched with that day one patch or not?

Man, that was where I was going (PS4) if I got the refund from Microsoft. This game is a joke.

Dominator

Just picked this up on PS4, got the only copy at my GameStop. Haven't played a DOA since got DOA4 a few days after I got my 360 for Christmas in 2005.

I will admit I'm quite ignorant in this version. This doesn't have every piece of DLC made for this game thoughout the other versions right?

SkylineRKR

Also unlocked DoA1 music now. Hayabusa DoA1 theme is still pretty good. And I think Physical System > Evolution.

This game has every single piece out there. Was this already in Ultimate? Can't remember.

Just picked this up on PS4, got the only copy at my GameStop. Haven't played a DOA since got DOA4 a few days after I got my 360 for Christmas in 2005.

I will admit I'm quite ignorant in this version. This doesn't have every piece of DLC made for this game thoughout the other versions right?

Theres a chart on Team Ninjas site. Might even be in the OP...

Also unlocked DoA1 music now. Hayabusa DoA1 theme is still pretty good.

This game has every single piece out there.

When people refer to "clears" to unlock the music is that full single player clears or something else?

Is there a way to tell from the character select what color? It usually just shows busts once selected.

SkylineRKR

Theres a chart on Team Ninjas site. Might even be in the OP...

When people refer to "clears" to unlock the music is that full single player clears or something else?

Is there a way to tell from the character select what color? It usually just shows busts once selected.

Just Arcade. I beat it twice and got DoA3 and DoA2 tracks.

Then I played some more (beat Tag Team, did combo training with a few) and gradually unlocked more tracks. The DoA1 batch came last.

Bgamer90

Banned
So, playing it now (XB1) and for some reason Story Mode is still locked even though I paid $40. Could me not playing on "my home Xbox" (for game sharing purposes) have a role in that?

Also, I've noticed hiccups in the game too. Random quick pauses during gameplay. Game froze up on me once too.

Seems like a really messy port.

Yikes, hope the ps4 doesn't have these issues. No aa sucks, what the fuck could be the explanation for that one? This is a last gen game.

Vlaphor

So when is Last Round Core Fighters coming to PS4? Is it today along with the retail game.

I ask because I have the Steam version already paid off, but I might mess with the PS4 version while I wait.

So when is Last Round Core Fighters coming to PS4? Is it today along with the retail game.

I ask because I have the Steam version already paid off, but I might mess with the PS4 version while I wait.
I forgot about core fighters. I think it comes out next week. I have steam version bought as well and I may do the same as you are thinking

OSHAN

I haven't preordered a game in awhile, and I figured, what could possibly go wrong with preordering this game?

Oh well.

What's the deal with trophies in this anyway? All new? Or does it look at my Ultimate save? Ps4 copy here.

Bgamer90

Banned
Game just froze up on me for the second time (XB1). Wow.

Also, it seems like the game can't be started up with voice which is strange too.

Definitely feels like a rushed port.

SkylineRKR

I haven't preordered a game in awhile, and I figured, what could possibly go wrong with preordering this game?

Oh well.

What's the deal with trophies in this anyway? All new? Or does it look at my Ultimate save? Ps4 copy here.

New trophies. I had Ultimate on PS3 as well. This list is separate.

Top Bottom