• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Wait, is this today?

I know what I'm doing tonight. I'm going to be getting pwned online, that's what I'm going to be doing.

This'll be hard to explain to the GF, it's really a good fighting game :/

Might have to pass on this one for fear of the wrath of god, lol.

Grisby

Applying the title update now for DOa5 ultimate so I can transfer my save progress to ps4. Big update, around 946 mb.

molnizzle

I was under the impression that DOA was one of the only fighting games that's actually better to play with a gamepad than a stick. Is that not true? I've always wanted to become more knowledgeably on fighting games but I already spent hundreds on an arcade stick I barely used last gen.

Hubb

I was under the impression that DOA was one of the only fighting games that's actually better to play with a gamepad than a stick. Is that not true? I've always wanted to become more knowledgeably on fighting games but I already spent hundreds on an arcade stick I barely used last gen.

Not sure why it would be worse on a stick, but a stick is what I play on out of preference. Plenty of people play on gamepads though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got 44 items on my queue to download on XB1 but none will install. Anyone else got this issue?

Nuszka

Just updated my ps3 5U to last round , nice to see the new costumes for free. I have the digital version, would be nice for some sort of upgrade price from ps3 to ps4 , couse paying $40 for higher res, 5 extra characters and a slew of costumes seems a bit steep if you alredy own the game.

MattXIII

I use stick for most fighters, but for DOA and MK i find pad preferable - just my personal choice. Generally DOA inputs are really lenient.

Demoskinos

I'm sure Katsu would be for Tina.

Hmmm, fair point. Now i'm just trying to figure out who else would make sense for who's costumes.

Christie > Hikage seems a natural fit as does Kokoro > Marai. Thinking maybe Ayane > Yumi as well possibly.

Also wonder who is getting cut. Only 16 costumes and there are 20 SK girls not counting Daidouji and Rin.

Skilletor

I hate playing fighters on pad. Nothing is inherently better on any input method. It's just about what your'e most comfortable playing on.

Mesharey

Downloaded it on Xbox 1, but the old DLC on Xbox 360 costs money even though I downloaded it before, is there something that I should do? :/

Demoskinos

I hate playing fighters on pad. Nothing is inherently better on any input method. It's just about what your'e most comfortable playing on.

Yep this. There are actually top Street Fighter IV players who use a pad. Actually I'm pretty sure the guy who won Evo last year used a pad.

Skilletor

Yep this. There are actually top Street Fighter IV players who use a pad. Actually I'm pretty sure the guy who won Evo last year used a pad.

Snakeyes uses a pad. Wolfkrone uses Viper and plays on a pad. Luffy (EVO Champ last year) uses a PSX pad, lol.

I'm sure there are more.

my primary fighting games are blazblue and persona, and I cant do shit on either with a pad, however with pretty much all 3D fighters I stick with a pad. SC5, DoA, are my main two

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People need to read the OP to see what is going on with the XBOne version

The trial free version of XBOne is a demo but paying 5 bucks gets you way more content than the Free 2 Play on PS4.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So anyone bought the full version off the US XB1 store yet? Is it true you get some extra costume pack DLC even without pre-ordering?

OrochiJR

Downloaded it on Xbox 1, but the old DLC on Xbox 360 costs money even though I downloaded it before, is there something that I should do? :/

This might be tied to your 360 save, although I cannot confirm it. From the FAQ postet on the official site it looks like the procedure is to wait til the 360 version is patched from Ultimate to Last Round, where a new feature should allow you to upload your savegame from the 360 and recover it on the Xbone. Then you should be able to DL the DLC again free of charge on your Xbone. At least that is how I understood it.

Skilletor

Save data shouldn't have anything to do with DLC.

DLC is tied to your account. The store might need to update so they're speaking to one another and know what you've bought.

Astral

I just saw a guy on a stream rotate the camera behind Honoka during her lose pose. Screenshots are going to be...interesting.

tagrat

My order from Best Buy is in the process of being shipped, Wish I did in-store pickup instead of shipping as I am home all week on a stay-cation, but hopefully I will have it by Thursday at the latest. Sometimes to save on expedited shipping costs, Best Buy will ship from a local store nearby instead of shipping the game across country.

Is your in the SHIPPED stage? Or is still PREPARING ORDER? I wish I could have done store pickup, but even in Atlanta that wasn't an option when I pre-ordered last month.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's actually kind of weird. The game isn't available to buy shipped from BestBuy.com, and it's also not available in stores.

L.O.R.D

not mine , its friend's photo
7LN9YnY.png

its very weird this game available in Saudi arabia ... 3 days ago

gonna wait for a good price for the PC version

tagrat

That's actually kind of weird. The game isn't available to buy shipped from BestBuy.com, and it's also not available in stores.

As much as I love to buy game games from Best Buy because of GCU discount, their stock has been crazy. I went to 4 different stores to get a copy of Guilty Gear Xrd the day it released. And as you just pointed out, it isn't available anywhere. You are lucky as hell to find certain games while walking through the war zone that is the games section there.

Hopefully my copy will show up in the next day or two...

SkylineRKR

Looks mediocre on Ps4. Its about as upgraded as Injustice was. Non gameplay scenes are still lower framerate. That hazy look is still there. Games does benefit from higher resolution somewhat, IQ is improved but I wished it was more vibrant. Probably got to do with art direction too. Oh well, gameplay is nice.

Azuardo

How does it feel on DualShock 4 compared to DS3 on PS3?

I remember trying my DS4 on PS3 version, and some of the diagonal inputs wouldn't come out for me as I intended, instead giving me a forward or down move. Was difficult to find the sweet spot on the d-pad, but hoping things come out easier when playing on the actual PS4 version.

I'll find out for myself this week, but wondered if anyone had any feedback.

mao2

Looks mediocre on Ps4. Its about as upgraded as Injustice was. Non gameplay scenes are still lower framerate. That hazy look is still there. Games does benefit from higher resolution somewhat, IQ is improved but I wished it was more vibrant. Probably got to do with art direction too. Oh well, gameplay is nice.
That's carp. :(

jim2011

Same on Xbox One. I wouldn't say mediocre but not great. I noticed the hazy look and the locked 30 FPS entrances as well.

SkylineRKR

At least the forest stage doesn't look like a mess anymore.

10987010_1551903158406069_2947823334462458866_n.jpg

Not great but not nearly as jarring.

Gameplay with DS4? D-pad is fucking perfect.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
At least the forest stage doesn't look like a mess anymore.

PS3?

Netcode also seems improved even with a NAT-3. Getting a LOT of green/3-4 bars instead of a sea of 1 bars like I was getting for Ultimates launch. Maybe Team DOA is finally reaching DOA2U's GDLK netcode on X-box Live!? :D!?

I plan on picking this up later today and playing. Feel free to add me, I play on ps4 my psn is: ParadoxyMoron. I'm a scrub so go easy on me :p

Guess I might jump in on this one, after liking DoA5 but skipping Ultimate.

Oh and how about doing some inhouse cross promotion Koei-Tecmo and giving us some Toukiden costumes?

Going to pick it up tonight on PS4 (and possibly XB1). Been a while since I've played seriously though so I expected to get bodied online for quite a while.

Top Bottom