• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Plus announced for PSVita

Bullza2o

Wow looks so good it makes me wonder if they're PS3 screenshots instead. I know they must be legit, and I look forward to knowing more so I'll get my first DOA game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Those look like Team Ninja trademark bullshots™, but it does confirm more outfits and that the console DLC outfits are going to be included...

Cross-play being announced is AWESOME. I guess that means PS3 is going to be getting an update to disable the VF characters when Vita users are in the same lobby?

Those look like Team Ninja trademark bullshots™, but it does confirm more outfits and that the console DLC outfits are going to be included...

Cross-play being announced is AWESOME. I guess that means PS3 is going to be getting an update to disable the VF characters when Vita users are in the same lobby?
Where did this rumor about the VF characters come from?

Takuan

I think some of y'all are mistaking PS3 shots for Vita shots. The first 4 shown in the famitsu page are noted as PS3.

Still looks pretty good.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
New features:
New features include:
Touch Play Mode: Experience battles in Dead or Alive 5 Plus through two new styles of touch combat with the PS Vita held vertically in portrait mode to get a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent at maximum size. In Mode 1, tap the opponent to attack them in that spot. In Mode 2, touch, flick, and pinch the screen to attack your opponent with more finesse and options. Both methods offer players an instinctive way to fight while seeing their opponent in the highest graphic detail.

Training Plus Mode: Build your fighting skills and knowledge by playing through challenging missions, each of which offers a fun experience while imparting practical knowledge.

More detailed Frame Data: Three times the details for each move in real-time. Unbelievably detailed information like delay interval frames, move reach and more. A game-changing feature for serious players!

Cross-Compatible: Allow players to play matches against opponents on both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita while sharing costumes across both platforms.

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/dead-or-alive-5-plus-new-features-detailed

Touch play sounds funny(and maybe a little perverted)! lol

Takao

Banned
What was in the Famitsu link? It gives me error forbidden.

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/dead-or-alive-5-plus-new-features-detailed

Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja have shared new details on the additional features included in the PlayStation Vita version of Dead or Alive 5, due for PlayStation Vita on March 19, 2013.

New features include:

Touch Play Mode: Experience battles in Dead or Alive 5 Plus through two new styles of touch combat with the PS Vita held vertically in portrait mode to get a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent at maximum size. In Mode 1, tap the opponent to attack them in that spot. In Mode 2, touch, flick, and pinch the screen to attack your opponent with more finesse and options. Both methods offer players an instinctive way to fight while seeing their opponent in the highest graphic detail.
Training Plus Mode: Build your fighting skills and knowledge by playing through challenging missions, each of which offers a fun experience while imparting practical knowledge.
More detailed Frame Data: Three times the details for each move in real-time. Unbelievably detailed information like delay interval frames, move reach and more. A game-changing feature for serious players!
Cross-Compatible: Allow players to play matches against opponents on both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita while sharing costumes across both platforms.

Omg, I hope Vita version has the dlc costumes so I can see them in full glory on tv!

The smarmy look the tecmo dev had on while demoing the touch screen free look mode had me in stitches haha...You could see he was particularly proud of that feature....

Skilletor

I would think the safer assumption would be that the Vita version has all of the characters.

I would think the safer assumption would be that the Vita version has all of the characters.
Yes, I repeat - where did this rumor about the VF characters come from?

lol.gif

From looking at the character select screen and seeing missing spaces, I thought?
Turns out the new characters' boxes only show up as you unlock them.

DR2K posted a screenshot of the PS3/360 version's character select screen before any secret characters are unlocked, and it was 22 spaces just like the Vita build.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Turns out the new characters' boxes only show up as you unlock them.

DR2K posted a screenshot of the PS3/360 version's character select screen before any secret characters are unlocked, and it was 22 spaces just like the Vita build.

Nice- then I guess there's no reason to suspect that they won't be in the game!

With cross-play confirmed, I might end up dropping or selling off the 360 version now.

More news :
http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/20/tou...in-dead-or-alive-5-plus-for-playstation-vita/

The first production run of the Vita version will include a code to download cheerleader outfits for Kasumi, Ayane and Tina.

CE:

- Download code for 12 Paradise Sexy costumes
- Download code for an “Extreme Private Gravure” movie
- “I’m a fighter” custom skin
- Beginners guide with gravure
“DEAD OR ALIVE 5″ Original Soundtrack vol.2

What are these paradise sexy costumes? Why won't they talk about the already released dlc costumes! CE ain't much but it needs to come to the West!

More news :
http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/20/tou...in-dead-or-alive-5-plus-for-playstation-vita/

The first production run of the Vita version will include a code to download cheerleader outfits for Kasumi, Ayane and Tina.

CE:

- Download code for 12 Paradise Sexy costumes
- Download code for an “Extreme Private Gravure” movie
- “I’m a fighter” custom skin
- Beginners guide with gravure
“DEAD OR ALIVE 5″ Original Soundtrack vol.2

I'm down for more sexy...

Squire

Banned
Hmm, hopefully it's like SFxT where all the costumes already available are included. Not holding my breath though. Are the 12 in the CE new?

Mesharey

All those swimsuits and no beach stage was a big WTF indeed

If it ends up being paid DLC, no we'll know why they omitted it in the first place...
If I remember correctly, some people found files for the beach stage but it wasn't finished.

I think the new 12 DLC costumes are new, maybe we saw Ayane's bikini and this one is Kasumi's:
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/025/757/l_50c6d20c798f4.jpg

Edit: with cross play it confirms no Ein or Leon I guess.

KiteGr

Somehow I can't feel excited over it...

It's true that my Vita desperatelly needs more games, but fighting games on handhelds suck unless they perfect the "game sharing" technology to play with a friend with only one copy of the game. Also, when it comes to ports that are both on a Vita and my PS3 I'll always preffer my PS3.

Cha

Those are PS3 screenshots scaled down to vita resoulution. Full size shot of the same images are in Gematsu's gallery. But I believe that Team Ninja would would give us a great port nontheless. They seem to like the Vita :)

spats

Might be the first time I buy a fighting game since DoA2. This looks great.

(Mortal Kombat Vita doesn't count because it was free on PS+ :I)

Dantis

Mildly anxious to see some actual screens of this. I was surprised how much of a hit the textures in NGS2+ have taken.

Top Bottom