• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive: Dimensions [3DS] Direct Feed Screens.

AceBandage said:
I take it the DS ran over your grandmother or something.
Really quiet sorry to hear that.

NDS is quite competent at sprite based games and 3D is an abortion on it.

So in that respect, I can see why there is much rejoicing for 3DS. It's no longer 1995 in portable Nintendo land.

Still, this is DOA. :|

Boney said:
paper-mario-3ds-8.jpg

You're going to love this.

This looks awesome.

Maybe Nintendo could give Dimps some graphic lessons!

The Take Out Bandit said:
NDS is quite competent at sprite based games and 3D is an abortion on it.

So in that respect, I can see why there is much rejoicing for 3DS. It's no longer 1995 in portable Nintendo land.

Still, this is DOA. :|

And that gives you the excuse to barge into this thread acting like a spoiled five year old?
Uh huh.

KAL2006

Banned
It's crazy how DOA4 a 360 launch game is the best looking fighter this gen. Lets not forget the backgrounds are also interactive.

while the IQ is obviously not going to be as good as the "direct feed", I find that the 3d effect actually masks a lot of issues with aliasing.

Other than that the overall images are quite impressive.

I'm as excited about the 3DS launch just as much as I would be for a new console. Those screens look great (as do the direct screens from E3) and the 3DS hardware seems very impressive.

Boney

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
looks just like an N64 game :]
Paper%20Mario%201.jpg

there's such a vast improvement in a TTYD. I always thought the original looked better that what it did until I replayed it. Still charming as ever though.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Boney said:
Paper%20Mario%201.jpg

there's such a vast improvement in a TTYD. I always thought the original looked better that what it did until I replayed it. Still charming as ever though.

well, the sprite IQ is much better than PM1 (that I can remember). I should play TTYD (to completion) again to get a better feel of the quality. but I expect PM4 (or 3) to be on par with TTYD.

KAL2006 said:
It's crazy how DOA4 a 360 launch game is the best looking fighter this gen. Lets not forget the backgrounds are also interactive.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Can I slap him with my copy of VF5? Please?

KAL2006 said:
This is true. Me and my friends still play it to this day since launch... my favorite fighting game and I've played them all. People hate on it, but what it really comes down to is which fighting game did you start out with and put the most time into = the best fighting game.

Although there are a bunch of stages that havent aged well...

Boney

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
well, the sprite IQ is much better than PM1 (that I can remember). I should play TTYD (to completion) again to get a better feel of the quality. but I expect PM4 (or 3) to be on par with TTYD.
If it is, it'll be the game of the generation. Because it's gonna be 3d
take that Take Out Bandit

StuBurns said:
Check out what they claimed NG looked like on the Xbox.
1123291324.jpg

It just irritates me, it was legitimately one the best looking games of the generation and they still feel the need to bullshit.

Not that TN doesn't put out bullshots just like everyone else but that, right there, was a target render. Even the HUD doesn't look right. :lol

Being honest here most of these 3DS games we've seen so far look superior to most of the Gamecube and Xbox games during their launch window. This system should be capable of amazing things. I wouldn't be surprised if we see games that rival Half-Life 2 (PC) in the near future. And with Team Ninja being graphical gods I'd love to see what they could do.

That saying where are all the 2D games? There's Paper Mario and A Boy and His Blob is announced (we know nothing else). I want to see Wayforward and Vanillaware put their magical touches on the 3DS.

brain_stew said:
Its the trust me I'm an expert on Japanese culture one but he veered way too far from the source material (of a meme that has already run its course) to make it work. Shitty attempt, I give it 2/10.

I was trying to combine the "I'm an expert" as well as all the people claiming the 3DS is less powerful than the Dreamcast. I'll do better next time I promise.

StuBurns

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:
Not that TN doesn't put out bullshots just like everyone else but that, right there, was a target render. Even the HUD doesn't look right. :lol
What is wrong with the HUD? It has no magic in it, other than that, it's exactly how I remember it. It's a NGB screens too actually, so 'target renders' of an updated game doesn't really make sense.

EDIT: Never mind actually, I don't want to derail the thread, my personal issue with bullshots is not discussion worthy. DoA will no doubt be awesome, and look great, just not as great as those shots suggest.

StuBurns said:
What is wrong with the HUD? It has no magic in it, other than that, it's exactly how I remember it. It's a NGB screens too actually, so 'target renders' of an updated game doesn't really make sense.

The HUD looks like it was vectored and then ran a gradient filter over it. I think the problem is that you're taking an "example" as a "direct-feed, we're serious it's real!" screenshot and then calling bullshit.

Hell, even if it IS a bullshot, why can't they just release it as a piece of promotional artwork for the game to give you an idea what to expect? Screenshots on the backs fo game cases NEVER look the same as in-game simply because they can take an engine render and then it gets dropped to 300dpi for printing a picture the size of a postage stamp that could still look sharp if it were printed as-is on a poster.

StuBurns

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:
The HUD looks like it was vectored and then ran a gradient filter over it. I think the problem is that you're taking an "example" as a "direct-feed, we're serious it's real!" screenshot and then calling bullshit.

Hell, even if it IS a bullshot, why can't they just release it as a piece of promotional artwork for the game to give you an idea what to expect? Screenshots on the backs fo game cases NEVER look the same as in-game simply because they can take an engine render and then it gets dropped to 300dpi for printing a picture the size of a postage stamp that could still look sharp if it were printed as-is on a poster.
I just feel it's unfair in some way, it gives the impression you're getting something more than you are, and I don't see the problem with literally giving out direct-feed shots, and I know most people put out bullshots, but TN are amongst the worst. I think the actual worst is the Motorstorm people a lot of the time, they're fucking ridiculous.

But as I said above, forget I mentioned it, I don't want to derail the thread any further.

kid-icarus-uprising-screenshot-e3-2010-trailer.jpg

This is what 3DS games look like, and that is great, there's no need to lie to people.

I'm disappointed in the lack of non-ninjas. I wonder if this is supposed to be Code Cronus, which was supposed to be a ninja specific story line. But, honestly, I don't care about story in DOA games, I just want to play. I'm looking forward to this but I'm still looking forward to a DOA5 announcement at TGS.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
Being honest here most of these 3DS games we've seen so far look superior to most of the Gamecube and Xbox games during their launch window. This system should be capable of amazing things. I wouldn't be surprised if we see games that rival Half-Life 2 (PC) in the near future. And with Team Ninja being graphical gods I'd love to see what they could do.

That saying where are all the 2D games? There's Paper Mario and A Boy and His Blob is announced (we know nothing else). I want to see Wayforward and Vanillaware put their magical touches on the 3DS.

I was trying to combine the "I'm an expert" as well as all the people claiming the 3DS is less powerful than the Dreamcast. I'll do better next time I promise.
Half Life 2? Well, shaders and textures can go a long way. Though I can't see large enviroments similar in size without a hit in framerate

StuBurns said:
I just feel it's unfair in some way, it gives the impression you're getting something more than you are, and I don't see the problem with literally giving out direct-feed shots, and I know most people put out bullshots, but TN are amongst the worst. I think the actual worst is the Motorstorm people a lot of the time, they're fucking ridiculous.

But as I said above, forget I mentioned it, I don't want to derail the thread any further.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp...carus-uprising-screenshot-e3-2010-trailer.jpg

This is what 3DS games look like, and that is great, there's no need to lie to people.

To be fair, that's what NINTENDO 3DS games look like. They really aren't using any shaders or effects in any of their games, unlike third parties.
Makes a world of difference.

Boney

Banned
StuBurns said:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kid-icarus-uprising-screenshot-e3-2010-trailer.jpg

This is what 3DS games look like, and that is great, there's no need to lie to people.[/QUOTE]
Sakurai himself has said that he was very impressed with Resident Evil, and didn't knew they could make games like that. He's probably tuning those graphics on KI:U as we speak.

StuBurns

Banned
AceBandage said:
To be fair, that's what NINTENDO 3DS games look like. They really aren't using any shaders or effects in any of their games, unlike third parties.
Very true, and there will of course be better looking games down the line, but the Rising team have probably had how much longer with the hardware? A year? Two? I'm not bagging on DoA at all, I know it'll look beautiful, and I really didn't mean to derail the thread, it's a personal pet peeve, I apologize. Please carry on.

Boney

Banned
StuBurns said:
Very true, and there will of course be better looking games down the line, but the Rising team have probably had how much longer with the hardware? A year? Two? I'm not bagging on DoA at all, I know it'll look beautiful, and I really didn't mean to derail the thread, it's a personal pet peeve, I apologize.
There's not much else to discuss, so they're very much welcomed.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
StuBurns said:
kid-icarus-uprising-screenshot-e3-2010-trailer.jpg

what is this game gear shit

edit:eek:h wait lol it 3ds, i knew nintendo would go backwards those kiddy cheapskates lolololoolll;

Luigiv

AceBandage said:
Also worth pointing out that the image has been upscaled, compressed for flv then compressed again as a jpg. The IQ has taken a fairly big beating there.

StuBurns

Banned
AceBandage said:
Didn't you hear?
All future franchise entries will be on the 3DS.
Saying that, is there any media of NG 3DS? Do we know if it's another port of NGB?

EDIT: Luigiv is right about that screen, I found a native sized version but the compression was obscene, it was from IGN.
EDIT2: Here's the proper size, nice quality.
3DS_KidIcarus_02ss10_E3.png

StuBurns said:
Saying that, is there any media of NG 3DS? Do we know if it's another port of NGB?

Nothing on NG other than it was "announced".
Probably not even in development at the moment, honestly.

Luigiv

AceBandage said:
Nothing on NG other than it was "announced".
Probably not even in development at the moment, honestly.
Yeah, they're probably going to pull a NGDS on us. Just 3 more years to go!

Top Bottom