• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC E3 Trailer PEGI

Kurdel

Banned
Day one.

Dead Rising 3 for PC will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support.

This is the best part!

Wondows store and it's apocalyptic future has been averted!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
a "78" on Metacritic now equals "critically acclaimed"? Is a GOTY version next?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Does this mean it's possible to get a PS4 version eventually or did MS help publish Dead Rising? Still good news for fans though.

No, when asked during the release they firmly said NO. MS published it. So NO, and HELL NO is a proper answer actually.

I'm thinking Ryse is up next for PC.

laughter.gif

B-Dex

Game is fantastic. Everyone should buy it. Loved it at Xbone launch.

That trailer is pretty great too.

Ridley327

It's a Capcom game. Their requirements recently have been acceptable.

Will pick it up once it's up on Steam Store.

This is their first current gen game, which hasn't been particularly nice among other third party PC ports in terms of specs and their optimization. QLOC does great work, though, so all is not lost yet.

Heads up for newcomers, do not buy any of the DLC.

It's pure garbage. Seriously, don't buy it.

It'll probably be included at no additional charge.

Seems to be a contractual howler to let another exclusive get struck off the Xbone's list. Admittedly, it'll probably never be available for PS4 (Microsoft's not that dumb), but for PC gamers with powerful hardware, this is definitely going to be the definitive version of the game. 1080p/60FPS ahoy!

Hrm...so it was a Timed Xclusive? Or I guess because this one is pub'd by Capcom they can release where they like?

Interesting development nonetheless.

Edit - I am genuinely curious as to how this works.

It was MS funded and published, seems MS gave the okay to release it on PC...just as they did with Alan Wake.

Ryse next would be incredible, I'd love to see what game looks like on some of the higher end PCs out there.

Bloody awesome news. Day 1 for my desktop.

It's almost guaranteed not to run on my shitty DX10 only laptop, given that it was originally coded for the DX11+ path used by the Xbone.

Thank you based CAPCPOM for bringing this to the PC and using QLOC to port this.

Finally.
Will get this as soon as it's 30€ or so.

Love me some Dead Rising, although I heard that this one is the worst of the three games?
Liked 1, 2 and OTR a LOT!

Beat the game and all the DLC on the X1. Cant wait to pick this up again when its on sale on PC. Can't wait to see how much better it will look my PC compared to my X1.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Now the xbox one is less appealing to me

-MD-

I called the Dead Rising 3 PC thing when it launched, friend called me crazy. Won't pay full price but it's definitely a game I'll pick up at some point.

Microsoft had a poll for Killer Instinct or something back at launch and a PC version was one of the options, that needs to happen.

what does Xbox have now forza 5?

You can do better than that.

Gestault

Unless you're too busy wringing your hands about console wars, this is really good news.

Edit: "Now where's that damned Karaoke bar." lol

Corpekata

Banned
I don't think they did, but there didn't need to be since Remedy self-published the games on PC.

That's why I'm asking. It's a bit strange people are using lack of MS in the trailer to equal = PS4 version soon since we've already seen a few Xbox titles jump to PC without the MS baggage and for some reason never jump to Sony platforms.

ethomaz

Banned
A Capcom game FUNDED by Microsoft, a game that wouldn't even exist if Microsoft didn't pay for it.
Dead Rising 4 may end up on PS4 but there is zero chance of this game imo.
The original Capcom reply to this question... right now the possibility for a PS4 version is open with the PC announce.

Definitely not a timed exclusive, it's an Xbox One game. We see a lot of this online. It's not coming to PS4 or PC.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Excellent. The only game on the Xbone that i really wanted. And it will be good to have something to play during the summer that i can pick up and play.

sangreal

So much port begging -- just get it on PC. It's a great game (or will be without the technical flaws that plague the xbone version)

what does Xbox have now forza 5?

A bunch of cool games coming out this fall and next year?

This list wars stuff should stop. It's amazing more people get to play the game, and if Microsoft is allowing for some of their XB1 exclusives to wander off to Steam then everyone wins.

Top Bottom