• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC E3 Trailer PEGI

Krakn3Dfx

Well, yeah. They did pay for the game, after all.

Is there an official article somewhere that specifically says that MS paid for Dead Rising 3's development? I have yet to see one, so just curious. I hear it bounced around a lot as the reason something like this wouldn't happen.

cakely

Ha
jrjnuah.jpg

picard_facepalm.gif

MDSLKTR

This will be quite the looker in hd resolutions and on a solid framerate, can't wait had the itch to play a dead rising game lately

gorfyako

Banned
I disagree personally. XB1 needs full exclusives, I understand Capcoms position (presumably they pushed for it) but this won't help sell XB1s especially as people will be expecting their other titles to come over now as well.

People, yeah, people who play on PC will be expecting it. People who are most likely enthusiasts. They either have only enough money to afford a nice PC and Steam sales/bundles (like me), or they are real gaming enthusiasts who have enough money to build a nice PC and pick up all the consoles. I would argue that it isn't too likely that there are those in-between... but I'm also pulling this all out of my ass.
This game will look gorgeous on PC. If you are even remotely interested, you should grab this game. Tons of fun.
Maybe my thinking isn't correct, but this is the first current-gen exclusive game to make its way to PC, isn't it?

Imagine they lock it to 720p just like dark souls was released. I'll explode if that happens.
Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz (or Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz) /
AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.00 GHz or higher
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 30 GB free
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570 / AMD Radeon 7870 or higher
DirectX: Version 11
Controller: Keyboard (international and standard), Mouse (up to 4 buttons), Xbox 360 PC
compatible controller or compatible gamepad
Connection: Broadband internet connection and Steam account required

Recommended System Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon 7970 2GB
DirectX: Version 11.1 or greater
Uh oh, my gpu is now recommended. Not much longer until it goes to minimum.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ryse is a mediocre game that will have mediocre sale numbers if brought to pc. Probably. I doubt there's anything in it for Crytek.

Grief.exe

QLOC does good work, but those minimum specs are giving me pause. I really hope it does buck the current trend of current gen PC ports being unoptimized messes, but I don't know, man.

Min/Rec specs have been complete bullshit for a while now.

Take them with the largest grain of salt you can possibly carry.

tauke

While I never played the original DR2, I love DR2: Off the Record on the PC. Runs smooth too.

Here's hoping the game is optimized well and runs at 60fps on PC.

Seanspeed

Banned
Official requirements:
Very interesting. Definitely wasn't built to scale down to lower end hardware with those minimum requirements. Makes me think this wasn't originally planned to be a PC release.

Also, if this does come out quite soon, could this be the first next-gen only multiplatform game? I'm probably missing something obvious but I cant think of anything.

Seyavesh

i'm like 99% certain this is on an upgraded version of the DR2 engine so it should be somewhat optimized (or as well as that game was, anyhow) but that's a guess

velociraptor

Very interesting. Definitely wasn't built to scale down to lower end hardware. Makes me think this wasn't originally planned to be a PC release.

Also, if this does come out quite soon, could this be the first next-gen only multiplatform game? I'm probably missing something obvious but I cant think of anything.
I guess this puts the '$400 gaming PC' in perspective.

I just knew that you'll need a much more powerful system to run multiplatform games this time around.

And here I thought I would be able to continue with my mid-range GPU. Heh.

Thrakier

Now the PC version needs to run well which is not guaranteed.

PCs will eventually just outperform it. And if it takes a year, when I can buy it in a sale for 5$. Fine with me. The experience on PC will be superior in any way, so it's well worth the wait. Finally resolution and framerate will not get in the way anymore when enjoying some DR3.

This was one of the few reasons why I bought an xbox one(actually the only retail game I have for it). Oh well, hope you pc friends enjoy it...I did

Wow my videocard(6870) doesn't even meet the minimum requirements.

That's...hmm..Well at least maybe I'll get around to completing stuff in my backlog rather than adding to it.

Lucreto

My PC can't handle that spec. Might be time for an upgrade. 7 years without an upgrade was good but its time has come.

Spencer is making a good push for PC which I am glad. I hope for Age of Mythology 2 or Age of Empires 4 next.

Denzar

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/05/dead-rising-3-confirmed-for-pc-heres-the-announcement-trailer/

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz (or Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz) / AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.00 GHz or higher
Controller: Keyboard (international and standard), Mouse (up to 4 buttons), Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or compatible gamepad

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz or AMD equivalent Memory: 8 GB RAM

WELL SHIT. My GPU is a GTX 660, hope I can still run it properly @1080p.

EDIT: Also, MS, please, do continue this trend!

LiamR

Great! I'm on board, but I'm pretty sore about this. I feel totally burned shelling out for the Xbone version when there's this version with better textures, better everything. The Xbox One version looks like crap. When are they going to upgrade that version's textures? Smh.

I'm curious as to the extent of Microsoft's funding. For publishing rights to be back in Capcom's hands after less than a year is rather odd unless Capcom matched or exceeded whatever MS was throwing into the project.

Edit: Unless Capcom publishing on the PC side is a goodwill gesture a la Remedy and the PC port of Alan Wake.

or just part of the deal MS and Capcom signed back in the day

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/05/dead-rising-3-confirmed-for-pc-heres-the-announcement-trailer/

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz (or Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz) / AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.00 GHz or higher
Controller: Keyboard (international and standard), Mouse (up to 4 buttons), Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or compatible gamepad

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz or AMD equivalent Memory: 8 GB RAM

My GTX 670 4GB and I5 3570K make the Recomennded yes ;p

Although it follows the trend if recent games system requirements, these are probably off by a huge margin and i have faith in capcoms ability to port. Pretty much all of there game 2007> have been perfect ports ( besides the inclusion of GFWL) so heres hoping for solid 1080p 60FPS.

Seanspeed

Banned
I guess this puts the '$400 gaming PC' in perspective.

I just knew that you'll need a much more powerful system to run multiplatform games this time around.

And here I thought I would be able to continue with my mid-range GPU. Heh.
Well that's why I'm thinking it might not have originally been planned as a PC game. Those requirements are quite high for a launch Xbox One game, don't you think? Not sure a whole lot of time was spent on this and they basically just make it so you straight up need to brute force this shit. Which is ok, but I'm not sure it'll be representative of all next-gen multiplatform titles on PC. I think this may have been Microsoft throwing a dog a bone here.

Serandur

Well that's why I'm thinking it might not have originally been planned as a PC game. Those requirements are quite high for a launch Xbox One game, don't you think? Not sure a whole lot of time was spent on this and they basically just make it so you straight up need to brute force this shit. Which is ok, but I'm not sure it'll be representative of all next-gen multiplatform titles on PC. I think this may have been Microsoft throwing a dog a bone here.
Given the way the Xbox One version runs, I don't think this is (if a problem at all) platform-specific. If a 7870 is the minimum, they probably mean the minimum to run "well" at 1920x1080 with very specific settings or a lack of setting options (with higher-level settings than than the Xbox version and not dipping below 30 FPS) and not like the Xbox One version. PC gamers with 7870/570-level cards and above don't really play at lower resolutions, I doubt they would be making any recommendations with those in mind. In that context, it doesn't seem that bad (at least not exclusively on PC) given how terrible the Xbox version is.

Top Bottom