• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC E3 Trailer PEGI

Ploid 3.0

Video looks like a last gen game ported to PC. Some of the stuff made me laugh (cut back to character with a fro for example). Can it be modded will be the question of the 6 month period. I'm in if it can be, add graphical effects, texture upgrades, etc.

Paskil

600-awww-yeah-guy_large.jpg

DAY 1.

shandy706

There's no way those GPU requirements are real. That's ridiculous.

Do you want it to look better than the X1 version or not?

Of course you can use a lesser GPU...and run it similar to the X1. I have a feeling the CPU and GPU side are a bit higher to help with the increase in zombies. The # on screen is absolutely incredible. It would be cool if we can push it even further.

Seanspeed

Banned
Given the way the Xbox One version runs, I don't think this is (if a problem at all) platform-specific. If a 7870 is the minimum, they probably mean the minimum to run "well" at 1920x1080 with very specific settings or a lack of setting options and not like the Xbox One version. PC gamers with 7870/570-level cards and above don't really play at lower resolutions, I doubt they would be making any recommendations with those in mind. In that context, it doesn't seem that bad (at least not exclusively on PC) given how terrible the Xbox version is.
Good point.

'Recommended' can mean a million different things anyways.

It runs fine. Not sure what he's talking about, other than not wanting to miss a chance to shit on Xbox.
According to framerate analysis I've seen, it does not run fine at all.

I'm not shitting on Xbox, but PC gamers tend to have much higher standards than console gamers when it comes to this stuff.

Kssio_Aug

This means that quantum break should come to PC in late 2017.

Im and insider now
/s

I guess youre joking, but just to be sure, Dead Rising 3 and Quantum Break are different situations. If I'm not mistaken, MS holds Quantum Break IP.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Are people seriously complaining about the system requirements? All of the listed cards are 2 to 4 years old.
It runs fine. Not sure what he's talking about, other than not wanting to miss a chance to shit on Xbox.

20fps is fine?

jond76

Banned
Good point.

'Recommended' can mean a million different things anyways.

According to framerate analysis I've seen, it does not run fine at all.

I'm not shitting on Xbox, but PC gamers tend to have much higher standards than console gamers when it comes to this stuff.

Maybe I just have a high threshold for that stuff. I played the whole game through and never once thought, "Oh, that terrible frame rate!". Especially considering 5he amount of stuff happening on screen.

Anyway, fun game. Recommended.

gorfyako

Banned
Minimum System Requirements:

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570 / AMD Radeon 7870 or higher

Recommended System Requirements:

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon 7970 2GB

Shit, I think I have a 7850. I knew I should have spent the extra $100 on a video card two years back... Oh well, I guess I'll see how this runs later this year and then decide on whether or not I need to buy a new card. I think my processor's still fine.

OH MY, Halo 3 is real again?
I don't think Halo 3 ever had a header image on the Database, or any Halo games for that matter. Wait for E3 to see whether or not Halo will be coming to PC. If there's nothing there, I'd say you may wanna drop your hope.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Partially funded by Microsoft, I'm sure they could have stopped this if they wanted.

Didn't Tecmo said the same about Nintendo putting Money on NG3 Razors Edge? I think that kind of talk could just mean a deal for a timed exclusive (Console manufacturer help a publisher with money to get a game first on its system). and from what we saw last just only who own the IP really control it.

The system reqs are absolutely sensible considering the additional overhead introduced by porting the game over to the PC as compared to the "to-the-metal" approach on the Xbone.

Given that the original game doesn't really perform that well on the Xbone, and at only 720p/30, given the hardware of the Xbone (8 core AMD CPU, 8 GB RAM and a Radeon 7790 card, roughly speaking), it makes perfect sense to have Radeon 7870 (PS4 level graphics card) and a 4 core Intel CPU be min reqs.

To all those who played Dead Rising 3 on their console:

How is the story on Dead Rising 3? I've never played the series but I'm looking to buy this game. Does it have a serious tone?

NO SPOILERS please

belmonkey

Considering that the X1 version was 720p 30 FPS with the power of a 7770 / 7790, it might not be too hard to imagine the recommended GPUs as they are to push 2.25x the pixels and better graphics.

Denzar

How is the story on Dead Rising 3? I've never played the series but I'm looking to buy this game. Does it have a serious tone?

NO SPOILERS please

From what I've read, the game is less colourful but still incredibly stupid if you want it to be.

LiamR

NO SPOILERS please

Not really. It's like a B movie horror story. The occasional serious note, but it's never completely self-serious. It's seemingly knowing, to a point, of how goofy and ridiculous it all is on the whole.

The tone was a bit jarring for me. It was as though it couldn't make up its mind if it wanted to be this piece of tongue-cheek horror shlock or something a bit more mature. Most of the humour in the cutscenes fell totally flat and came off as childish and bizarre instead of funny in a surreal sort of way.

The protagonist is pretty endearing and there is a cool twist later in the game to tie it to the previous games, but other than that, don't play it for the story.

Corpekata

Banned

NO SPOILERS please

Not really serious. Pretty big B-movie vibes through the entire series. There's a few grounded moments here and there, and this one is probably a bit more dour than the other entries, but it's still largely in B movie territory.

Ridley327

Didn't Tecmo said the same about Nintendo putting Money on NG3 Razors Edge? I think that kind of talk could just mean a deal for a timed exclusive (Console manufacturer help a publisher with money to get a game first on its system). and from what we saw last just only who own the IP really control it.

I don't think Nintendo did anything with that game other than publish it in the west. Tecmo-Koei published it themselves in Japan.

Will buy Day 1. Dead Rising 2 was a lot of fun. Although I wonder why DR1 was never ported especially since DR3 ties into both the games heavily.

K' Dash

I wonder if my OC'd 7850 and 2500K @ 4.3GHz can run this decently.

Minimum System Requirements:
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570 / AMD Radeon 7870 or higher

I'm calling bullshit.

see5harp

Just in time for the XBOX one controller support. I actually liked the trigger rumble in this for shooting guns. I hope they support that stuff with games like this. I will rebuy once it's like $15 in a Steam sale.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
I believe the game will struggle on my rig, obviously I'd like to play it at 60fps and at 1080p with better textures than the x1 version but it'll be plagued with issues like most pc releases. I'm losing faith.

Top Bottom