• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC E3 Trailer PEGI

I was so close getting this for the xbone multiple times but always told myself it would eventually come to ps4 of pc... yippie!

38062-charlie-brown-happy-dance-gif.gif

Hugstable

Banned
Yee dude I'm so excited for this. It was one of the main reasons I wanted an Xbone, but with this and Titanfall coming to PC, all that I really want Xbone for now is Sunset Yellow Overdrive and Halo 2 HD. Can't wait to be killing hundreds of zombies in full 60fps glory :D. I hope Microsoft really does have Crackdown 3 to show at E3, that'll be a good replacement for this game not being a true exclusive anymore. Interesting decision though that this game is no longer exclusive just to Xbox One now.

Always a possibility that MS let them publish on PC in exchange for something else.

Very odd situation indeed, especially since MS spent a good deal of money making this with Capcom.

Ridley327

That's why I'm asking. It's a bit strange people are using lack of MS in the trailer to equal = PS4 version soon since we've already seen a few Xbox titles jump to PC without the MS baggage and for some reason never jump to Sony platforms.

It's tricky without knowing the details of what Capcom and MS had over the game. If MS did in fact fully fund the title, they get full say over what platforms the current Dead Rising 3 gets to be on, but on that same token, there would be nothing to stop Capcom from funding their own ports of the game if it was financially sound of them to do so. It's kind of like how Bayonetta 2 could essentially go to other systems, as long as someone was willing to work with Sega to fund the development. So, super-unlikely, but not outright impossible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does this mean a PS4 release isn't going to happen?

Impossible to say at this juncture. Following Alan Wake PC being announced, Remedy mentioned that the port had to be approved by Microsoft, which made it quite clear that despite Remedy self-publishing said port, MS still owned the game.

gorfyako

Banned
what does Xbox have now forza 5?

You can't compare exclusives amongst consoles. Normal people aren't like, "I'll buy a PC for multi-platforms and then base my console purchase on exclusives," nah. Dead Rising 3 is still very much an Xbone game.

shandy706

Sweet.

No way I was waiting for a possible PC release, however, I'll gladly sell my X1 copy when this hits and double dip on PC.

Good stuff.

Now where is my GTAV current-gen build...arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Krakn3Dfx

That's why I'm asking. It's a bit strange people are using lack of MS in the trailer to equal = PS4 version soon since we've already seen a few Xbox titles jump to PC without the MS baggage and for some reason never jump to Sony platforms.

Doubt it will come to the PS4, the PC is a non-threat to MS, so they probably had something in place to bring it there after a certain amount of time. If Capcom is going to be dropping some big DLC as Shin alluded to over the last few days, I'm betting that'll coincide with the PC drop somehow this summer.

I say that as someone who owns a PS4 and not an XB1 at the moment, but given the choice between the PS4 and PC, I would buy it on the PC.

You can't compare exclusives amongst consoles. Normal people aren't like, "I'll buy a PC for multi-platforms and then base my console purchase on exclusives," nah. Dead Rising 3 is still very much an Xbone game.

I disagree personally. XB1 needs full exclusives, I understand Capcoms position (presumably they pushed for it) but this won't help sell XB1s especially as people will be expecting their other titles to come over now as well.

Begaria

I'm thinking Ryse is up next for PC.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. The way I understand it is that Crytek owns the Ryse IP as Capcom owns the Dead Rising IP. Also keep in mind that Remedy also owns the Alan Wake IP, and that came to PC despite Microsoft funding it.

rrc1594

It's not out of the realm of possibility. The way I understand it is that Crytek owns the Ryse IP as Capcom owns the Dead Rising IP. Also keep in mind that Remedy also owns the Alan Wake IP, and that came to PC despite Microsoft funding it.

MS had to give them the okay tho

Leks

Official requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz (or Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz) /
AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.00 GHz or higher
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 30 GB free
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570 / AMD Radeon 7870 or higher
DirectX: Version 11
Controller: Keyboard (international and standard), Mouse (up to 4 buttons), Xbox 360 PC
compatible controller or compatible gamepad
Connection: Broadband internet connection and Steam account required

Recommended System Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon 7970 2GB
DirectX: Version 11.1 or greater

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/05/dead-rising-3-confirmed-for-pc-heres-the-announcement-trailer/

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz (or Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz) / AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.00 GHz or higher
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570 / AMD Radeon 7870 or higher
DirectX: Version 11
Controller: Keyboard (international and standard), Mouse (up to 4 buttons), Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or compatible gamepad
Connection: Broadband internet connection and Steam account required

Recommended System Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz or AMD equivalent Memory: 8 GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon 7970 2GB
DirectX: Version 11.1 or greater

Caayn

Well atleast now we know that Spencer wasn't lying about MS going put more effort on the PC gaming market. First AoE and RoN on Steam and now DR3 on Steam tied with the Xbox One controller drivers.

This is great news for people who game on PC, seriously it's an really fun game.

Interested to see the improvements this game will have on PC, outside of FPS and resolution of course.

Ridley327

MS had to give them the okay tho

Well, yeah. They did pay for the game, after all.

Remedy could technically find someone to fund a port to a different console, but I imagine with them being a smaller studio that it's not really worthwhile for them to do that and try to work on their new stuff. Capcom is a much stronger position to make that happen with Dead Rising 3, but I imagine with the series being very MS-focused and MS having a strong interest in keeping it that way would make them not consider that.

Now that the game is available on PC, all the PS4 owners are coming out of the wood works and is now interested... Lol you guys are too much

Microsoft shouldn't be worried about people buying the pc version. Less than half of steam has a card capable of running next gen games and who would spend $2000 to play DR3 when it can be had for $500 on Xbox...Or at least that's the story when the console vs pc debates break out.

Well you could be a bit more informative. What am I missing?

What would give you the impression that Ryse would come to PC? Because a Capcom game previously whose previous iterations were multiplat comes to PC suddenly means that a new IP that was previously a kinect-only title exclusive to 360 that became an XONE launch title is going to come to PC as well?

Come on. There's a double-sided nature to this conversation and you know it. If MS starts bringing all or most of their exclusives to PC, the overriding sentiment will become "What's the point of an Xbox One then?"

I'm sure there are folk at MS trying to make sure they walk this line as carefully as possible.

level44

That's what I thought too but some people in this thread are adamant that it won't happen.

What would give you the impression that Ryse would come to PC? Because a Capcom game previously whose previous iterations were multiplat comes to PC suddenly means that a new IP that was previously a kinect-only title exclusive to 360 that became an XONE launch title is going to come to PC as well?

Come on. There's a double-sided nature to this conversation and you know it. If MS starts bringing all or most of their exclusives to PC, the overriding sentiment will become "What's the point of an Xbox One then?"

I'm sure there are folk at MS trying to make sure they walk this line as carefully as possible.

Good point but to quote Begaria:

Top Bottom