• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 spotted on Steam Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketz

Is Dead Rising 2 still worth playing? Does the game have co-op? What version of DR2 should I get?

I picked it up when it was free with deals for gold on the 360 and I really didn't like it. I played maybe 3 hours and just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the weapon crafting system at all but hey maybe you will.

I would assume that it is a timed exclusive and this release has more to do with Capcom than Microsoft.

99% hit
1% miss

Sticking with your guns though.

QLOC just did the RE4 PC port and the post-release support was amazing.

They even managed to bring out effects that have previously been exclusive to Nintendo hardware.
Maybe PC but don't think will go to PS4
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75418071&highlight=#post75418071
drsing is xboxed froever. tahs our monesy.

I recall reading that MS helped funding Mass Effect too and we all know how it ended so I don't think we can call anything impossible about third party games.

If EA swoops in and buys Capcom, then all bets are off. Until then, you're probably going to have to play the game on the Xbox or PC.

Salsa

I hope it's a definitive edition thing with that Operation Broken Eagle DLC but previous Dead Rising releases point to nope, they still wanna sell that DLC

Can a man not make fun of Xbone black levels and the upscale sharpener without someone going "wut"? Is this really the kind of world we live in? ):

I was just confused at 'shark/pop', lol

MikahR

Banned
Ok man, pump your brakes for a second. I played this for a little while at a friends house. It's a fun game and I'm hyped that it's coming to PC. It isn't Mario 64 or Soul Calibur tho.

Well be fair it was super fun but it did have some technical difficulties that still show up occasionally.

Well this is a unique opinion I never heard before.

That's why I was careful to say "one" of the best launch titles. It had it's problems, sure, and true it is no Mario 64 or Soul Calibur. But considering the kind of launch titles we got for the past couple generations, it shines bright.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I hope it's a definitive edition thing with that Operation Broken Eagle DLC but previous Dead Rising releases point to nope, they still wanna sell that DLC

I was just confused at 'shark/pop', lol
Oh wow, in my defence, k is pretty close to p.

Kssio_Aug

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you said you don't want xbone games coming to PC.

Could you highlight that?
Because I remember saying that I hope it doesnt become so frequent. And thats all!

As someone who is surprised with Xbox One system and trully wants it to become a successfull platform and full of support, Im completely in favour to hold some exclusivities! As I said, in my point of view, many people buys Playstation because its there they will play their favorite franchises, without them I dont believe that console would survive for much longer... hell, even Nintendo consoles, most of people just buy a Nintendo to play their Mario and Zelda games.

Consoles needs exclusivity from what I can observe. And I hope its not a sin to believe that some games should be held on one platform.

Of course Dead Rising 3 is a different story, its a 3rd party game and from last gen its already a learned lesson that those games hardly become all-time exclusives. But what I mean is that it wouldnt be nice to many console buyers see their reson to buy that system not being any reason anymore.

I however could be wrong. And maybe a console without strong exclusivities could survive well during an entire gaming generation. I just dont see this happening.

Also, it wasnt my intention to make a big thing out of this. I just expressed my concerns about a platform, and thats it.

Arsenic13

Fantastic news. I'm a fan of the series but wasn't going to get an X1 for it. Glad I can play this on my PC, hopefully with great performance.

mileS

How have the past Dead Rising games sold on steam? Zombie games tend to = pure sales on steam but I've never payed attention to how well the others have done. I'm sure if this does come out it will be on the top sellers for a while.

Pudge

Someone needs to pull up the list of games that leaked on steams database and the ones that didn't actually come out. It's probably just the halo games but, hey, who knows without looking.

I've kept up with that list because I'm obsessed with those Halo Steam releases, and the only things on there that haven't been released are Test Apps and Quantum Conundrum 2. So this stuff is pretty spot on.

Also

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500.gif

Dead Rising 3 on PC! HELL to the YES!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Could you highlight that?
Because I remember saying that I hope it doesnt become so frequent. And thats all!

As someone who is surprised with Xbox One system and trully wants it to become a successfull platform and full of support, Im completely in favour to hold some exclusivities! As I said, in my point of view, many people buys Playstation because its there they will play their favorite franchises, without them I dont believe that console would survive for much longer... hell, even Nintendo consoles, most of people just buy a Nintendo to play their Mario and Zelda games.

Consoles needs exclusivity from what I can observe. And I hope its not a sin to believe that some games should be held on one platform.

Of course Dead Rising 3 is a different story, its a 3rd party game and from last gen its already a learned lesson that those games hardly become all-time exclusives. But what I mean is that it wouldnt be nice to many console buyers see their reson to buy that system not being any reason anymore.

I however could be wrong. And maybe a console without strong exclusivities could survive well during an entire gaming generation. I just dont see this happening.

Also, it wasnt my intention to make a big thing out of this. I just expressed my concerns about a platform, and thats it.

Alright. I get what you mean. I guess that feeling is just beyond the scope of what I care about when it comes to videogames. If they said the new civ game was going to consoles, I would just be happy that more people will get to play it.

I remember reading about MS employees working on the game since the studios are close. It was around the time the first footage came out and people were complaining.

I found a quote:

and another:

It also says it was never officially prototyped on the 360. Only high end PCs at first.
Sounds like MS mainly helped them get the game running on Xbone.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
That's bad for the xbox one

Because it was an xbone exclusive I didnt really pay any attention to it, but after seeing some of those gifs in the steam thread, I'm hyped up. Dang good news.

Rembrandt

Banned
Sounds like MS mainly helped them get the game running on Xbone.

They mentioned the history of the series on the console, so I doubt it'll come to PS4. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they continued one exclusive, one multiplatform, one exclusive, one multiplatform.

DR2 on PC has shit for controller support.

definitely excited to play this game on PC though if this proves legit. one of the (few) reasons I'd even consider buying an Xbone.

Orayn

Will Summer or Winter Sale the shit out of this. Still kinda skeptical about the removal of the time limit, but being able to play it at 1080p60 gives me at least some solace.

They mentioned the history of the series on the console, so I doubt it'll come to PS4. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they continued one exclusive, one multiplatform, one exclusive, one multiplatform.
Sounds like PR to me. It was an exclusive launch title, of course they are going to say things like that. If this was a Bayonetta situation I'd agree that it wasn't coming to PS4, but DR2 was successful on both 360 and PS3.

Shinobi and Mort have hinted about something DR3 related, and that it would still be MS related. According to Wario's twitter, the Steam app for DR3 is called "Walking." I wonder if this will be a standalone expansion type thing that will be on both Xbox One and PC?

Shinobi said it's not a port though
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/472778821885001729

What if it's something like Titanfall final hour?

Sounds like PR to me. It was an exclusive launch title, of course they are going to say things like that. If this was a Bayonetta situation I'd agree that it wasn't coming to PS4, but DR2 was successful on both 360 and PS3.
I think it is

Derp

But isn't this more Capcom and less Microsoft?

I still doubt Microsoft gives two shits about PC gaming. This changes nothing! Nothing, i say! *Gets dragged out of thread* NOTHIIIIING!

Gbraga

Now: DR3 will be released on Steam = Xbox One not worth it ?

It was never worth it for Dead Rising 3 in the first place (at least in my opinion), so that's why I don't have any hopes for Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, sadly.

Sunset Overdrive at 60fps would change my life.

Rembrandt

Banned

It did 2.2 million across 3 consoles in around 5 months. It did half that in 4 on one. It's half a drop in sales, but if they were planning on releasing it on PC, they probably aren't too hurt. But I know people are going to believe whatever narrative they want, regardless of evidence.

I suppose that all depends on how beefy your PC is. DR3 is likely going to have tall system requirements.

Idk, unlike Ubisoft who seem to have a whole department of programmers dedicated to making their PC ports run like shit, Capcom games have historically been well optimised for the platform and run smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom