• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 spotted on Steam Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

DR2 on PC has shit for controller support.

definitely excited to play this game on PC though if this proves legit. one of the (few) reasons I'd even consider buying an Xbone.

How is that? I used a controller without a single issue, as did the person I played it through with.

Vamphuntr

Not sure why there is so much indignation and surprise. Many people called this early on. Some 360 games published by Microsoft ended up on PC but not on PS3 like Alan Wake. Outside of Gears 2/3/Judgement and Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey most of them got PC ports I think.

It's probably for the best like many people already said in the thread. The game has done it's job on Xbox One as a launch title with a million copies sold. It will probably get a platinum hit release down the line with all the DLC already on the disc at a bargain price but most of the money is done already. By putting it on Steam Capcpom can make more money selling the game in region where the Xbox One is not and will never be popular.

yurinka

Capcom loves to port, it isn't something rare.

I'd bet Capcom will announce it for more platforms than XBO ~1 year after release.

GPMubV9.png

ChapaNDJ

Banned
DR2 on PC has shit for controller support.

definitely excited to play this game on PC though if this proves legit. one of the (few) reasons I'd even consider buying an Xbone.

Haven't had any problems using the 360 wired gamepad, however, i heard there was an issue with the wireless gamepad.

Bsigg12

Capcom loves to port, it isn't something rare.

I'd bet Capcom will announce it for more platforms than XBO ~1 year after release.

It was published by Microsoft Studios. If Microsoft got publishing rights for the game entirely and paid for Capcom to make it, PC is probably its last stop.

MikahR

Banned
Idk, unlike Ubisoft who seem to have a whole department of programmers dedicated to making their PC ports run like shit, Capcom games have historically been well optimised for the platform and run smoothly.

Well, let's hope so. DR3 has a hell of a lot of polygons and textures to display on screen at a time. I'd really like to see it run smoothly.

Well, let's hope so. DR3 has a hell of a lot of polygons and textures to display on screen at a time. I'd really like to see it run smoothly.

Sure, although high end GPUs are several times more powerful than XBO. My 780 for example. :-]

Watch dogs seems anomolously shitty on PC, but then every asscrud game was anomolously shit on PC too.

I'm a huge Dead Rising fan and loved the previous games, even though I had issues with some of the structural changes they made to Off the Record's saving and progress systems.

But I found DR3 to be a boring slog that was not any fun to play.

Paskil

8TooevJ.gif

This is the game I am most bummed out missing out on XB1
although Sunset Overdrive looks pretty damn good

Day 1

Grief.exe

It's not exactly expensive to get a GPU that is significantly more powerful than the ones in the XBO/PS4, and you have to actually try to get a weaker CPU.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ok, one less reason for an X1. Wow, maybe at E3 Microsoft will sell me more on PC than X1. Who woulda thought?

I'll shit if Ryse comes to.

def sim

It was a lot of fun; very much a podcast in the background kind of game. I would buy it again to get the image quality and frame rate where I want it to be.

TheD

The Detective

Game is likely ROP bound on the XB1.

It is also not hard (and it does not cost much) to have a graphics card that is faster than what is in the XB1 and for everyone else, there will be lower settings.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That'd be awesome. The only Xbox One exclusive I'm currently interested in.

How is that? I used a controller without a single issue, as did the person I played it through with.

was this recently patched or something? i tried playing the game i think last fall and it refused to work with a wireless 360 controller. and yes i enabled "controller" in the settings.

Mask

Neat! If it does show up on steam, then I won't have to buy an Xbone in 5 or so years for one game.

Alex

was this recently patched or something? i tried playing the game i think last fall and it refused to work with a wireless 360 controller. and yes i enabled "controller" in the settings.

Nope, beat it at launch with that friend. Also beat Off The Record when that came out. I don't even remember enabling anything, it just auto detected the controller. I've genuinely never heard of this issue before.

Goon Boon

Banned
The one sign to me that Microsoft cares about PC gaming would be a timely port of the latest Halo PC game. I don't even play Halo that much and don't particularly care about it as a game, but that's the sacred cow, the big one, to show that it's not just a hollow effort.

That aside if this takes off maybe we'll get Dead Rising 1 on PC too.

Alchemy

I'm all for it, because DR3 on Steam likely means we will see a sale on it earlier. DR3 and Ryse have no business still be $60
Steam has ruined me

Espi

Banned
all the post talking about they don't need to buy an Xbox One anymore.

Edit: I mean I get that they are going to make money but they gotta sell that Xbox One.

They can make money from accessories (Xbone controller support) and software.

They don't make money off the Xbox One hardware. They make it from accessories, software and XBL. There's no guarantee that those of us that want Halo/Sunset Overdrive/Quantum Break would even subscribe let alone buy an Xbox. They leave a lot of money on the table with this "we need to push Xbox One sales" mentality.

Awesome news, I wasn't planning to buy an xb1 for the foreseeable future but would gladly buy DR3 if it released on Steam. Seems like Phil Spencer really gets it.

Im predicting its a remake of 3 like Off the Record

from wiki
With the success of Dead Rising 2, Capcom COO David Reese asserted that Dead Rising 3 was likely to continue the narrative of its predecessor.[21] Reese also stated that more digital content, similar to Case Zero and Case West, was also plausible, and would help to bridge the gap between Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 3

There has to be a 3 spinoff

Mupod

Well...this was one of the main reasons I wanted an Xbone. If they pull a Platinum exclusive out of their ass at E3 then I'll need one anyways, though.

InfYn

Exciting news if true. Will get this.

Would love to see Ryse: Son of Rome on PC too. It's already gorgeous but pushing a crytek game is always good fun.

Tagyhag

Hope this comes to fruition, one less reason for me to get an X1, but I definitely wanted to play this with 60fps. Difference in Dead Rising 2 was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom