• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 spotted on Steam Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree that it drops every single time you're driving through the infested streets. There are instances where it does drop (over the bridge for example or near the cruise ship), but again, these aren't the norm.
Just driving around the first area (Ingleton, I think?) can get rough. By the graveyard, or the strip club/military base, and by the southern entrance to the freeway (near the Wrath psycho) are three rough spots off the top of my head.
Not to mention that the back half of the game has you driving between districts quite a bit.. so it's fair to say it's a regular occurrence, IMO.

Rembrandt

Banned
So wouldn't this pc porting just give people more of a reason to not buy xb1?

may seem that way, but for some weird reason, I think the people saying, "oh, no reason to be a xbone now!" weren't going to buy one anytime soon anyways, especially if they're also saying DR3 was the only title on the system that interested them.

Just driving around the first area (Ingleton, I think?) can get rough. By the graveyard, or the strip club/military base, and by the southern entrance to the freeway (near the Wrath psycho) are three rough spots off the top of my head.
Not to mention that the back half of the game has you driving between districts quite a bit.. so it's fair to say it's a regular occurrence, IMO.

pre or post patch? I stopped getting continuous severe frame drops after the patch. the only time it really noticeably dropped frames after was during huge explosions and stuff; the patch ended up fucking with the textures occasionally and causing weird gravity glitches on me, though.

BeerSnob

This would be nice but I have an uneasy GFWL 2.0 kinda feeling. MS isn't just going to give people what they want, they gotta twist the knife a bit.

The game didn't turn out all grimdark and godawful as the trailers looked, right? I know the GB quicklook seemed appropriately goofy.

Ingleton is definitely one of the worst places for frame-rate drops, but again, I don't agree with it being a regular occurrence.

I guess I'm just not as sensitive to frame-drops as yourself.

Rembrandt

Banned
This would be nice but I have an uneasy GFWL 2.0 kinda feeling. MS isn't just going to give people what they want, they gotta twist the knife a bit.

The game didn't turn out all grimdark and godawful as the trailers looked, right? I know the GB quicklook seemed appropriately goofy.

Depends on what you mean. If you're asking if it got as colorful/lighthearted as the other ones, then I'll say no. Especially with those little drops around certain dead bodies that give back stories. But the game still has the charm that was in the previous games and I enjoyed it more, honestly. the weapon combos are crazy.

Zomba13

DR3 was one of the games that made me want an Xbone but there wasn't anything else after seeing the stuff they did to Forza that I didn't like and Halo being a fair ways off. Plus the kinect and the price put me off buying it for one game. Would be awesome if DR3 came to PC so I could grab it though if it doesn't no problem for me as I'll grab it when I eventually get an Xbone.

Yeah well considering the writing is on the wall for GFWL I doubt Microsoft will let any new games use it.

"ladies and gentlemen, microsoft is proud to announce gfwl 2.0
pay to use multiplayer or chat for a refined user experience™, buy games in our store with ludicrous € prices
don't worry though, you'll keep your xbox friend list™ and your xbox achievements™, that's gotta be worth at least a train up your arse"

then you wake up

Filaipus

Banned
You know what would be nice? If Microsoft made a deal with Valve so that they bring their games to PC and Valve would make them na exclusive (remember that 3party exclusive rumor?)

Now, this is a completely stupid idea for the simple fact that I can't see Valve having more interest in bringing Microsoft games to steam than Microsoft wanting to put their games on steam haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Everything Valve has done with Steam since it launched has been in the service of making exclusivity a thing of the past. Steam is available worldwide and will soon support more than a dozen currencies; Valve's own titles are available worldwide; and of course there's SteamPlay (buy once, play on Windows/Mac/Linux [where applicable]).

Sentenza

The PC version of 2 had no controller support and mapping utilities are not an acceptable substitute in games with analog control. Sucked, but I didn't waste much money on it.
What? No. That's a complete lie.
It had a bug which didn't recognize wireless controllers, and I'm not sure if they ever fixed it, but the game absolutely had controller support from the start, generally speaking.

TheD

The Detective
You know what would be nice? If Microsoft made a deal with Valve so that they bring their games to PC and Valve would make them na exclusive (remember that 3party exclusive rumor?)

Limit the games to North America? Why the fuck would anyone want that?!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's also giving people more reason to stick with the PC over buying any console. It seems like the next console purchases now are heavily favoring the PS4, and delaying them until MS had better exclusives out might have helped them. But they pretty much flipped PC gamers the bird when the One launched (still no controller drivers) so I'm not surprised to see more people go PCS4 right now.

zhao3gold

Banned
It is good for gamers who don't own Xbox One to enjoy this fantastic game.

But based on some posts in this tread, I think it is quite easy to understand why Microsoft doesn't want to bring games to PC. It will negatively affect Xbox One sales.

amardilo

Did this turn out any good? It looked astonishingly awful last time I saw it.

It wasn't the best looking Xbox One game but I really liked playing it.

The world was big enough, I don't remember any loading screens and there were loads of zombies on screen to mow through.

It had a few technical issues but a lot of those were fixed in patches and I imagine if you have a powerful enough PC even less would be an issue.

SparkTR

You'd think the PC and console markets are pretty separate things, like in some territory where the XBO will never have a large presence. I'm willing to bet the kind of consumer Microsoft ultimately wants to buy an XBO, won't be the kind of consumer that would put off buying one due to PC versions.

Sentenza

You'd think the PC and console markets are pretty separate things, like in some territory where the XBO will never have a large presence. I'm willing to bet the kind of consumer Microsoft ultimately wants to buy an XBO, won't be the kind of consumer that would put off buying one due to PC versions.
After several years, that's more or less the conclusion I'm reaching as well.
People who want and prefer consoles seem to stick to consoles no matter what's available on PC.
In fact, they want to stick to them so badly that sometimes they even end making up terrible excuses on gaming forums to rationalize their choices.

So, yeah, feel free to release your software on many platforms, it hardly seems to make a difference and you'll end up serving a broader audience.

I really liked the first two games, but I'm still not quite sure if I like how dark they made everything in this game. I loved how colourful everything was in the second game, seems like they tried to make this one more "realistic" before backtracking and adding silly costumes and weapons. Will probably get it on PC eventually if it comes out.

Denzar

This "news" made my day!

So far DR3 was the only game I considered getting an Xbone for. Great to see it come to PC!

If true, it's one less reason to eventually get an Xbox One... but, I'll get it on PC happily. It's confusing Microsoft keeps going multi-generational and now multi-platform with their releases.

gelf

After several years, that's more or less the conclusion I'm reaching as well.
People who want and prefer consoles seem to stick to consoles no matter what's available on PC.
In fact, they want to stick to them so badly that sometimes they even end making up terrible excuses on gaming forums to rationalize their choices.

So, yeah, feel free to release your software on many platforms, it hardly seems to make a difference and you'll end up serving a broader audience.

It makes a difference to me, I like to own a PC and at least one console but I haven't made my mind up on that yet. Its up to the exclusives to make my decision on that. If the Xbox exclusive games come out on PC then the decision is made that I'm getting a PS4.

Now if there are enough people out there are who think like me for it to make a difference is another question.

Cynar

Now, this is a completely stupid idea for the simple fact that I can't see Valve having more interest in bringing Microsoft games to steam than Microsoft wanting to put their games on steam haha.
I don't think you understand one of the points of PC gaming. Exclusives are bad.

You were considering buying an X1 at some point?

I've been quite open that down the line I'd like a variety of exclusives available for me to purchase if the time comes to buy an Xbox One. I've also always said Dead Rising 3 looked really fun and I'd like to play it.

So go figure that my statement in this thread lines up with that. Wish everything wasn't always based on past posting behaviours. It's clear a majority of people have moved on from out right hatred for the system with the brand being taken over by Phil Spencer and the positivity they are building. It's not all black and white and we don't always have to de-rail threads with console war jabs. It's always the same rhetoric with the die-hard supports of Xbox One, they just can't let go when everyone else has.

ArjanN

It makes a difference to me, I like to own a PC and at least one console but I haven't made my mind up on that yet. Its up to the exclusives to make my decision on that. If the Xbox exclusive games come out on PC then the decision is made that I'm getting a PS4.

Now if there are enough people out there are who think like me for it to make a difference is another question.

Sure, there are people but I thought it was pretty obvious he meant enough people to make a difference. I think most people who buy consoles will buy consoles anyway.

As mostly a PC gamer I think it's a great sign MS didn't lock this down for long considering this was sort of a flagship title for X1

Killer Instinct Ultimate Dave Lang PC edition plz.

pre or post patch? I stopped getting continuous severe frame drops after the patch. the only time it really noticeably dropped frames after was during huge explosions and stuff; the patch ended up fucking with the textures occasionally and causing weird gravity glitches on me, though.
Post - got my Xbox last weekend. And by gravity glitches do you mean physics related glitches? Because I did run into a few of those as well.
Ingleton is definitely one of the worst places for frame-rate drops, but again, I don't agree with it being a regular occurrence.

I guess I'm just not as sensitive to frame-drops as yourself.
I can discern framerate drops, yes.

bryehn

Does the game still have the time constraints? Not a complaint, because I didn't mind them at all!

You can play it with or without the time limit. Side missions can still time out regardless though. I loved the game and hope they make an OTR version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From the Phil Spencer PC thread:

So, this won't be surprising, but Q-LOC is definitely developing the DR3 PC port. The following flag and values are applied to the game's most recent sub (it's also the only sub with said flag, which means it's most certainly a new feature, but I digress):

The first listed IP resolves to a q-loc.com sub-domain.

Edit: D'oh, wrong tab. But close enough since the most recent topic is DR3. ;)

Pakoe

It is good for gamers who don't own Xbox One to enjoy this fantastic game.

But based on some posts in this tread, I think it is quite easy to understand why Microsoft doesn't want to bring games to PC. It will negatively affect Xbox One sales.

Wanted to play the game, will never but a xbone though. If that means i will never play those game, so be it.

I've been quite open that down the line I'd like a variety of exclusives available for me to purchase if the time comes to buy an Xbox One. I've also always said Dead Rising 3 looked really fun and I'd like to play it.

So go figure that my statement in this thread lines up with that. Wish everything wasn't always based on past posting behaviours. It's clear a majority of people have moved on from out right hatred for the system with the brand being taken over by Phil Spencer and the positivity they are building. It's not all black and white and we don't always have to de-rail threads with console war jabs. It's always the same rhetoric with the die-hard supports of Xbox One, they just can't let go when everyone else has.

Damn breh, seems I hit a nerve.

Grief.exe

h83BE4B2C

yoink

How come the guy has a gruffy looking beard and is basically hairless everywhere else? The guy looks bearmode, I expected hair, LOTS of body hair.

If you are going to wear an outfit like that you best be manscaping.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
This is fucking brilliant, what an excellent news.
Will buy for damn sure. Also Xbox One drivers for PC has been released according to PC Gamer.

What an awesome week, omg. :D

VBkYEeD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom