• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Risng 2: Case West announced (360 Exclusive)

consoul

So Capcom's message basically seems to be:

@360 owners: We love you! Just not for free obviously. Buy the prologue, buy the epilogue, buy the game. Buy the Zombrex edition and the Outbreak edition and buy a copy from every retailer to make sure you don't miss out on any skills.

@PS3 owners: Do not buy Dead Rising 2. Not yet anyway. Wait for the inevitable Gold edition with all the '360-exclusive' DLC included.

Vamphuntr

This looks awesome. It's seems like it's going to be coop based? Can't wait for people to whine if you have an AI partner like in RE 5.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I was going to get this on PC, but it's nice of Capcom to make it clear that I'm not in their preferred customer bracket. Thanks guys, a penny saved..

WEGGLES

luka said:
I was going to get this on PC, but it's nice of Capcom to make it clear that I'm not in their preferred customer bracket. Thanks guys, a penny saved..
Well, PC version is $20 cheaper than Xbox. And you miss out on the opportunity to pay more.

Shaka said:
FUCKUNT!.
131039.gif
Second hand Capcom I swear, you don't deserve my monies.

ffs is there a law that prevents me from playing and enjoying 360 exclusives whilst not owning the console?

It would be hard to do unless you enjoy buying game to put on the shelf to look at if you don't have access to the console.

"At the beginning we didn't know that this new IP would be a success, but the fans on the console really assisted in making it into one. So it's like a present, something that we gave back to the original Dead Rising fans."

I think it's a good thing they did as a thank you ... I don't see 360 fans cry about the exclusive game are all moving to PS3. I think it's great that games are available on more system this gen than last.

snap0212

SolidSnakex said:
Capcom denies alienating PS3 DR2 gamers

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-22-capcom-denies-alienating-dr2-ps3-gamers

See, they haven't completely alienated those gamers.
Why don't they just stop this platform exclusive bullshit alltogether? If you bring out your game on more than one platform make sure everyone gets the same thing. There may be differences when it comes to how well the game runs, but doing platform exclusive DLC/Pre-LC is bullshit²! I was going to import Dead Rising 2 for the 360 (doesn't come out here), but I'm not going to support this kind of bullshittery. If they want to make a game for the 360, fine. Let me play it on the 360. If they make a game for PC and 360 they should give everyone the same content. The only reason for this kind of stuff is the money. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that they intentionally make one version worse (framerate, tearing, resolution... stuff like that) because they got more money from the competing company.

szaromir

Banned
It's funny how opposite are the reactions from the same people to this and to announcements from Sony's E3 conference (Mafia DLC, Frontlines for PS3 etc.).

snap0212

szaromir said:
It's funny how opposite are the reactions from the same people to this and to announcements from Sony's E3 conference (Mafia DLC, Frontlines for PS3 etc.).
I always said console exclusive content is bullshit. It's bad for the consumer and the only people happy about that probably are idiotic fanboys who celebrate every little thing they can put on their list of "WHY I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!!!!11111".

Shurs

I own Case Zero, and I'm sure to buy Case West, but I think exclusive DLC is ridiculous. Exclusive games are something I can get behind because there is the possibility that in making the game exclusive to one console, the developer might push the hardware a bit more than if they had to create a game for multiple platforms. Exclusive DLC is lame because the publisher is leaving sales on the table in spite of the relative ease it takes to create this extra content.

szaromir

Banned
snap0212 said:
I always said console exclusive content is bullshit. It's bad for the consumer and the only people happy about that probably are idiotic fanboys who celebrate every little thing they can put on their list of "WHY I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!!!!11111".
It is bullshit, but expect it in the future as well as it's easier for console manufacturers to strike deals for them than for full games. It's not exactly new (Tomb Raider Underworld, Fallout 3, Batman AA etc), raging out in every thread related to it is spamming at this point I think. Buy it if you're interested or don't buy it if you're not.
Exclusive DLC is lame because the publisher is leaving sales on the table in spite of the relative ease it takes to create this extra content.
Creating content isn't easy, porting it is though(at least when the full game is on the other platform anyway).

I hope it's a standalone entry for 400 points, just like case zero... I have 400 space bux left and I'm getting DR2 for ps3, so if it's dependent on the retail game, I'm hosed. :(

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked before but do we know if you'll need DR2 to play this content? Or will it be stand alone like case zero?

Kafel

Banned
Nedjoe said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but do we know if you'll need DR2 to play this content? Or will it be stand alone like case zero?

It's a XBLA game, so stand-alone.

aristotle

corrosivefrost said:
I hope it's a standalone entry for 400 points, just like case zero... I have 400 space bux left and I'm getting DR2 for ps3, so if it's dependent on the retail game, I'm hosed. :(

That's exactly what I'm hoping for too. Case zero was a blast and I'll definitely get Case West if I don't have to have the game on 360. From the wording though it sounds like it'll be separate from the game itself. If it's not, that just proves that the hooks are in the code for the DLC to be ported over to another platform.

*this post was made with wild speculation*

Shurs

corrosivefrost said:

The only thing that makes me doubt it will only be 400 points is the inclusion of online co-op.

aristotle

BobTheFork said:
seriously people - day 8, $55 used copy, who's with me?

I would be but man...I get to be a ninja!

Plus it was already paid for before this DLC was even talked about. Sorry bud :-(

aristotle said:
I would be but man...I get to be a ninja!

Plus it was already paid for before this DLC was even talked about. Sorry bud :-(
well, I have $20 on a pre-order but I don't care about the ninja pack and I'm just going to slide that money over to GT5.

szaromir said:

People hate getting left out, nothing new.

Shurs said:
Sorry, Bob, but DR2 comes with a $20 gaming coupon at Kmart during its launch week.
damn, that's a good deal..I mean screw them! It sucks because I've been waiting to play some DR for 3 years, but I'm sick of this shit. Either treat all the customers as equals or FU! The PS3 versions performance is still in question too.

Shurs

BobTheFork said:
damn, that's a good deal..I mean screw them! It sucks because I've been waiting to play some DR for 3 years, but I'm sick of this shit. Either treat all the customers as equals or FU! The PS3 versions performance is still in question too.

Jump In.

Shurs said:
lol I actually tried to with mixed results. I went to buy a 360 two weeks ago but BB was out and I didn't have time to go anywhere else that day. Later that week the PS3 FW update kills my hdmi port (weird I know but it still won't work since) so I'm worried about my launch unit dying and I'm not going to buy a 360 and get stuck with 2-3 games if my PS3 dies.
I still stand by my point: I don't care about themes or costumes or any of that, but holding out content or either system is getting worse.

Dragon

Banned
szaromir said:

I think it's BS every way and starting a fight by calling people hypocrites in here is worse than saying hey I think this is BS. It better be moneyhatted or Capcom just made a really stupid financial decision.

Shurs

BobTheFork said:
lol I actually tried to with mixed results. I went to buy a 360 two weeks ago but BB was out and I didn't have time to go anywhere else that day. Later that week the PS3 FW update kills my hdmi port (weird I know but it still won't work since) so I'm worried about my launch unit dying and I'm not going to buy a 360 and get stuck with 2-3 games if my PS3 dies.
I still stand by my point: I don't care about themes or costumes or any of that, but holding out content or either system is getting worse.

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding.

My PS3 died (YLOD) two days ago. This morning before work, I'm going to take it to a local shop that will fix it for $70. It stinks, as I'd gotten two Move controllers and have a bunch of games. It looks like a Slim model PS3 is in my future.

Also, platform exclusive DLC is garbage.

Dragon

Banned
Shurs said:
Yeah, I know, I was just kidding.

My PS3 died (YLOD) two days ago. This morning before work, I'm going to take it to a local shop that will fix it for $70. It stinks, as I'd gotten two Move controllers and have a bunch of games. It looks like a Slim model PS3 is in my future.

Also, platform exclusive DLC is garbage.

Man I've never even cleaned my launch 20 GB PS3. The only thing I've done is replace the HDD and I've never had ANY problems. Knock on wood. I think I'll make a backup tonight :)

Wiggum2007

You know it will be good to have Frank back but from what I've played of Case Zero I think Chuck is going to be a more than worthy successor.

Shurs

TheBranca18 said:
Man I've never even cleaned my launch 20 GB PS3. The only thing I've done is replace the HDD and I've never had ANY problems. Knock on wood. I think I'll make a backup tonight :)

If I'd properly backed up my system, I'd just sell it off for parts and buy a new one. Unfortunately, because I didn't back up, and because my new copy of Final Fantasy 13 is stuck in the console, I'm going to pay to get it fixed.

Also, I've forgotten the password to my UK PSN account, which has a decent amount of money sitting in it. I hope that if I do a full backup and restore to a new PS3 that I won't have to re-enter the password to gain entrance to the account, as on my PS3 it auto-signs me in when I go to that account.

aristotle

Shurs said:
If I'd properly backed up my system, I'd just sell it off for parts and buy a new one. Unfortunately, because I didn't back up, and because my new copy of Final Fantasy 13 is stuck in the console, I'm going to pay to get it fixed.

Also, I've forgotten the password to my UK PSN account, which has a decent amount of money sitting in it. I hope that if I do a full backup and restore to a new PS3 that I won't have to re-enter the password to gain entrance to the account, as on my PS3 it auto-signs me in when I go to that account.

Just so you know, you need to do a PS3 to PS3 transfer. I don't think a backup will work since some of the stuff is tied to the PS3 and not your account. If you plan on getting a slim, do it soon and transfer, then never look back. My 60 gig is still sitting under a nightstand waiting to be sent back to Sony HQ. :(

I'm with Bob on this one (although I'm still getting the game day 1). Exclusive DLC doesn't do anything but hurt the consumer in the end. DLC will not be the deciding factor in what system the game will be purchased for. The average game player doesn't read fanboy websites or forums as much as we like to believe. This is doing nothing but hurting the PC/PS3 consumers in the end. I still believe that both of these systems will get the DLC eventually though, just like with GTA4.

aristotle said:
DLC will not be the deciding factor in what system the game will be purchased for. The average game player doesn't read fanboy websites or forums as much as we like to believe. This is doing nothing but hurting the PC/PS3 consumers in the end. I still believe that both of these systems will get the DLC eventually though, just like with GTA4.
do sales figures bear this out? i thought multiplatform games had a higher percentage of PS3 sales when the PS3 version had some exclusive DLC (like seen in Batman: Arkham Asylum).

Top Bottom