• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding 2: On The Beach | State of Play Trailer

FunkMiller

image.png

Kojima definitely plays with an Emperor's Children army.

DeepSpace5D

That first game is one of the coolest, weirdest, futuristic sci fi fuckery experiences I've ever had full stop.

The parts where you first get the better trike, the truck, the exoskeleton, the bola gun…man. It was borderline “getting the mech in Xeno Chronicles X” game changing moments one after another.

It’s all about knowing where to stop and streamline the story for me. I do every single delivery all the way up to finishing the Heartman stuff. Then I mainline the rest. And it’s fucking amazing.

Anyone else reinstalling?

Decima
Baby Babies GIF
Got the plat on the base game and the director's cut, so idk if I'll be installing again. But I convinced my wife to play through it after she watched the trailer for part 2 today, so I'm definitely going to watch her playthrough.

baphomet

Couldn't possibly care less about the game, but hopefully Kojima can talk Errolson Hugh into making some more cool shit for it.

nashman

Bat shit crazy and cool! I like it. Kinda got into the first one maybe 20 hrs in. If they can focus, just make it a bit more dare I say "gamey" (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN) I could love this series.

ToneyJ

Neo Member
Probably the best graphics I’ve seen in a game. Lord Kojima. Meanwhile Konami’s Silent Hill looks like shit lol.

Last edited:

Kindela

Banned
The first game was a bit too much for me. The slow gameplay was fine, but everything around it didn't click with me at all.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I gotta play death stranding directors cut. The only kojima game I've not completed.
This thread is probably a good place to ask, since I want to do the same. I played the original past Episode II, but eventually dropped it for a reason I don’t remember.

So could those who finished it and loved it give me an idea of what they enjoyed about it - and I missed?

So, does the first game have any sort of coherent connection to this sequel? What is this connecting business and what is with the strings on the eavesdropper? Who is Lou?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This thread is probably a good place to ask, since I want to do the same. I played the original past Episode II, but eventually dropped it for a reason I don’t remember.

So could those who finished it and loved it give me an idea of what they enjoyed about it - and I missed?
I always recommend playing Death Stranding at least a few hours into Chapter 3 (?) where the new map opens. Spend 3-4 hours in that map, doing jobs, completing missions, and rebuilding the map/road, etc.

If you don't enjoy the gameplay at that point, drop the game, because that's what most of the game is like. But I found in Chapter 3 / that second map, the game really opens up and becomes a lot of fun.

Spending time discussing games you are not interested must be super productive.
I am interested in the ideas presented in this newly released footage, but I lack context. I thought someone could bring me up to speed in a few minutes, but I guess I am just going to have to do my own research.

Looked very pretty, but it's the usual weird/cringe shit from kojima that's just weird for the sake of being weird.
Visually you knew they were going to kill it, they always do it; The talent is still there after all these years which is insane. As a gamer, this trailer did literally nothing for me though. It has the same issue that I had with MGSV, it's not hittin' like MGS, MGS2 (I missed out on MGS4, I think I was working on my gladiator title in WoW), those games got me excited to actually play it.

Hohenheim

Looks cool, but I was hoping the gameplay loop would be somewhat different this time around. Something else than delivering stuff - even though I loved the forst game. Just don't feel the need for another round of that gameplay loop.
But hey, who knows. Maybe it will be very different, even though the trailer felt like more of the same.

Top Bottom