• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding 2: On The Beach | State of Play Trailer

:love:

DEATH-STRANDING-2-ON-THE-BEACH-State-of-Play-Announce-Trai.gif

DEATH-STRANDING-2-ON-THE-BEACH-State-of-Play-Announce-Trai-1.gif
That shot is the first time a video game baby made me feel something. Helps that she kind of looks like my daughter.

They nailed the animation, which I assume they did by hand (and not mocap an actual baby)

Lokaum D+

does the first game is any good ? i played a little after the second base and droped it.

This one looks way more interesting

midnightAI

I could be very wrong on this, but looking at the landscapes, maybe they have added virtualized geometry to Decima? (and realtime GI)

Last edited:

makaveli60

I start with that I loved the first game, even made a thread about it, praising it as the magnum opus of Kojima. But honestly, I don’t get the hype about the graphics here. I mean, DS1 looks amazing but I don’t see the leap over that here. It looks a bit better maybe, but I don’t get the hype at all. In what ways does this look that much better? Are there any good comparisons?

Del_X

Really liking the fluid dynamics/flood system thing going on. Traversal options look fun. Maybe this one will actually be enjoyable to play.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Still have a year left to finish the first one

hulk-hogan-nodding.gif

R.3673701f94c006427ec696e6fde705ea

Which brings me to :
Recently downloaded the Director's cut from PS plus extra aaaad....G'damn does this game still look amazing with the (almost) 4K@60fps being the cherry on top.
Unfortunately, my sub is ending in a couple of days so i won't be able to finish it (again) this way, no real biggie really since nowadays it can be bought for 20-somethin' Eurodollars, thing is, i wanted to do a 2nd run in preparation for DS2 which, somehow, i was fully expecting it to release this Fall some reason.

Right now i'm kinda drowning in games (bought Hogwart's, Robocop, AW2, Phantom Liberty expansion AND No more heroes 3) so, couple that with DS2 actually releasing next year i think that i'll have to wait a couple of months until it releases as to do a story recap.

Enjoy man ;)

Dr_Ifto

I actually felt both relieved and sad when i finished the first one. I ws just having so much fun, but man it was starting to get tedious. May go back and do it again.

Audiophile

With the new IP announced I hope that this isn't the end of Death Stranding. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new IP is and I hope it's good and successful. But I absolutely love the DS world and gameplay; and it's something I'd be quite happy to revisit over the generations to come.

I think I heard somewhere that KojiPro were contracted to make two DS games with Sony. Yet, DS1 & DS1 The Director's Cut have sold over 10m across PS4, PS5 & PC, so there's hope it'll continue after DS2 if it too does well.

It's such a bizarre world and the gameplay systems could expand with all kinds of cool stuff. Not to mention the visual and technical side and what even-greater wonders could be possible with future generations.

I believe KojiPro is a pretty small team relative to most, so ideally I'd like to see PHYSINT get established, perhaps have another outing well into the next gen if it's the sort of game that warrants it and then DS return again later in the gen. Also, I'd really like to see some DLC for DS2 down the line. Seems like the perfect type of game to add some new areas, delivery locations and more over time. It's a world I'd happily play in intensively when I get it and then revisit with some fresh stuff 6mths to a year later.

Another thing. If VR can eventually get more of a foothold I'd love to see Kojima take on a VR title. Seems like a perfect fit given their penchant for tactility and responsiveness.

Last edited:

Certinty

I'm in.

I really enjoyed the first game, played through the main story and fucked off the side content in order not to get burnt out.

No doubt it had its flaws though, the story in the final third was jackshit and the game was insanely repetitive.

But hey, i'm excited for this.

MiguelItUp

Loved the first one, and I'm sure I'll love this one, but Jesus Christ what is going on? Lmao. I love how originally seeing the first one felt like I was watching a fever dream. But NO, THIS feels like a fever dream, and I'm all about it even though I have a bajillion questions.

It's a shame that so far this year feels like previous years where I'm more excited about games next year than the in current year. :pie_frowning:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Looks cool, but I was hoping the gameplay loop would be somewhat different this time around. Something else than delivering stuff - even though I loved the forst game. Just don't feel the need for another round of that gameplay loop.
But hey, who knows. Maybe it will be very different, even though the trailer felt like more of the same.
Isn't there a line in the trailer saying something like "You replaced ropes with sticks" which suggests this will be more combat focused.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Loved the first one, and I'm sure I'll love this one, but Jesus Christ what is going on? Lmao. I love how originally seeing the first one felt like I was watching a fever dream. But NO, THIS feels like a fever dream, and I'm all about it even though I have a bajillion questions.

It's a shame that so far this year feels like previous years where I'm more excited about games next year than the in current year. :pie_frowning:
This is the problem with Kojima he starts a series 'relatively' grounded but as it goes on it gets more and more insane until its indistinguishable from appearing to be written by a hack. You have gone so far in a circle you have come right back around to contrived fucking BS. The issue is you can see the genius like its just out of reach, he really needs a partner that he respects that says "no Kojima that's fucking stupid, don't do that"

I will always remember that he finds people shitting themselves the hight of comedy, like he can't think of anything funnier.

In for a wild ride either way, be looking forward to see what utter insanity is played completely strait this time around.

Last edited:

Esppiral

That shot is the first time a video game baby made me feel something. Helps that she kind of looks like my daughter.

They nailed the animation, which I assume they did by hand (and not mocap an actual baby)
Acording to some the animation was done by Kojima himself too.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
There seems to be quite a few weapons on display? Was the first game like this too? I only played a couple of hours so yeah.

The first game had plenty of weapons yes and the back 1/4 of it was pretty much non stop action and gunning down shit.

skit_data

Holy hell, can't wait.
The story seems crazy and going by the presumtion that everything in the trailer is from fairly early in the game there will be 10x more mindblowing stuff in the later parts.

Also, was that part with the doll a joke riffing on Mimirs head in GoW xD

Puscifer

Of course that fanboys have to attack John for saying that he thinks DS2 looks better than Hellblade 2.

image.png
Dude, I'm still in amazement over what looks like natural disasters like rock slides and flooding in that trailer, those people are nuts! I know it's coming to PC eventually but I'll dust off the PS5 for this Day 1 and double dip for Directors Cut just like I did before.

Top Bottom