• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Debbie Reynolds Dead at 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

This one I'm not surprised. No way she was going to live much longer with her daughter's passing.

Heart breaking. RIP. :(

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I heavily sympathize with the family. My own went through something similar (though not as bad) a few years ago when we lost two members within a month of each other. We expected the first and there was a small window to grieve for her alone, but the second wasn't and hurt tremendously. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I hope their family can remain strong and find comfort in each other in this difficult time.

This is the most fucked up thing to happen in a year of tragedy. Right at the end too.

Unbelievable

All my best to this Family. One of the original Hollywood monarchies losing their queen and princess a day apart

So fucking sad

18-Volt

She was amazing in Behind the Candelabra. She also was a friend of Liberace in real life too. I can't believe she was still working at this age, many other actors and actresses would call it quit even 10 years younger than that.

RIP, Debbie.

I'm glad that Billie was able to be in the new Star Wars movies with her mom, I hope that the entire crew all come together to support her during this time. She's only a few months older than me, and I know there's no way I would be able to handle this situation.

vsmt8lvkzxcevqcpqyhp.jpg

Same. My heart goes out to Billie especially in this time. :(

Ridley327

RIP

Man, even if she survived the stroke, I couldn't even begin to imagine the kind of emotional pain she would have had to endure for whatever time she had left. No parent should ever have to outlive their child, even for a day.

TissueBox

This is a blow to the heart, really. Also just jumping from heartbreak to heartbreak all I could do is place my head on the desk at this point lol. Jeez.

RIP and all the best to family and friends who knew her, I only wish them resilience in shouldering on through this time.

Mariolee

Heard this one the radio on the way home. There are no words. My heart goes out to their family. I can't imagine if I lost my sister and my mother one after the other like Todd has.

FyreWulff

RIP

Man, even if she survived the stroke, I couldn't even begin to imagine the kind of emotional pain she would have had to endure for whatever time she had left. No parent should ever have to outlive their child, even for a day.

According to the family's "Bille the Dog" twitter account, Debbie kept telling them she wanted to be with Carrie all last night.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom