• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Debbie Reynolds Dead at 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

I literally said oh come the fuck on upon reading the thread title.

My condolences go to the whole family. This must be a truly devastating time for them right now.

Garlador

A tragedy. Nothing but condolences to the family. No one should have to bury their sister and their mother the same week.

They both made this world a much happier place.

that is really strange that Carrie dies at 60 and then her mom dies a few days later.. wtf happened? i haven't heard what the causes of death were yet.

Garlador

that is really strange that Carrie dies at 60 and then her mom dies a few days later.. wtf happened? i haven't heard what the causes of death were yet.

Carrie had cardiac arrest, and Debbie had a stroke. Debbie wasn't in the best of health, but the loss of her daughter must have weighed heavy on her.

Heard this one the radio on the way home. There are no words. My heart goes out to their family. I can't imagine if I lost my sister and my mother one after the other like Todd has.

The same exact thing happened to my grandmother. Her brother died of cardiac arrest at the age of 54 and her mother died about a month later. So people can and do die from broken hearts.

And my grandmother herself passed away this month over 30 years after this happened. I have no clue what happens after death, but few things make me happier than the idea of them being reunited after all this time.

Speevy

Banned
My grandfather died within a month of my grandmother.

He stopped eating, wouldn't talk to anyone, and oddly enough had a stroke.

SpaceHorror

RIP

Fucking tragic.

I've experienced this kind of grief myself. After my grandma died my grandpa pretty much willed himself to death. Died exactly two weeks later to the day.

Two legends lost within the span of a day. My thoughts are with the family.

KingK

I feel so bad for the family. RIP.

This reminds me of two years ago when my roommate's stepfather was diagnosed with cancer, two weeks later his mom died on Christmas, and then his grandma died on new year's day.

MechaX

This is absolute fucking madness, man.

RIP and my condolences to this family. Nobody should have to endure this.

Vena

Rest in peace.

What's crazier is that she said it 15 minutes before the stroke even happened.

My great-aunt did something similar. She said she was ready to die and content (and she'd said she was too old to keep living), and then died that night in her sleep.

There's something to say about "giving up" on life whether its from sadness or from being happy to go.

Fuck 2016. This is the most depressing death of the year. A mother dying due to stress because she lost a daughter. Seems like Carrie was her life. So sad. Hope they're both together and in a better place.

A-V-B

I wish I were Mr. Fantastic so I could stretch out my arms and hug that whole family from hundreds of miles away. My God, someone please love them so much right now please

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I can't even begin to process the grief the family is going through. RIP to two incredible people who will live on in the hearts of millions.

Any word on who's assuming guardianship of Carrie's dog, Gary? I've checked his twitter site and all I keep seeing are tribute photos and the occasional retweets of well wishers. I assume Gary's account is run by Carrie's publicist.

Any word on who's assuming guardianship of Carrie's dog, Gary? I've checked his twitter site and all I keep seeing are tribute photos and the occasional retweets of well wishers. I assume Gary's account is run by Carrie's publicist.

Billie will be taking care of Gary. He was originally her dog anyway, but he and Carrie bonded really closely so he became her dog instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom