• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Comic |OT| Apocalypse NOW - Time Enough At Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

I haven't read the comic but do you think the MJ stuff is Slott trying to recall this:
RE3JU.jpg
?

Finally got to read ASM 699 and 700, apart from the very last issue of Spider-Island ( with all the pants), these are my favorite Slott issues, and probably the only three overall i've liked lately since i didn't care for Island or Ends of the Earth. Slott plays the troll card HARD in these issues to the point of fan fiction bizarro land, but since my expectations were for that very thing, i enjoyed it. The Mary Jane and Spidey interactions were especially terrible, since when is MJ cool with
peter sounding like a 50 year old sexist telling the pesky shrill woman to shut it?
But again, fan fiction bizarro land.

They've gotta be setting it up where carlie/mj realize something fishy is going on.

Owzers

I got two pages into Batwoman #15 before i put it down, it's going to be easy not buying this book monthly anymore.

Another thing I learned was the power of collaborative writing. This wasn't my first rodeo with a big event story featuring multiple writers and artists -- I'd cut my teeth on "Messiah CompleX" and "Second Coming" -- but "Avengers Vs. X-Men" was so much bigger in its scope. And I truly believe that the story benefitted from the combined might of its five writers and three editors. "AvX" gave me a lot of confidence that we can do more of this in the future.
- latest Axel in Charge about 2012.

No....no :( I'm pretty sure Axel is speaking of sales confidence, because if anyone wants to pretend to be a rational person, they would know that AvX was in no way a critical success. Marvel events are destined to be terrible and i have little faith in Trinity Wars too.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
- latest Axel in Charge about 2012.

No....no :( I'm pretty sure Axel is speaking of sales confidence, because if anyone wants to pretend to be a rational person, they would know that AvX was in no way a critical success. Marvel events are destined to be terrible and i have little faith in Trinity Wars too.

Someone needs to hit him with a rolled up newspaper and tell him to cut back on the events

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I got two pages into Batwoman #15 before i put it down, it's going to be easy not buying this book monthly anymore.

Shit bro, I thought that Maggie issue was hella boring too but how you gonna drop dem JHWIII issues?

Seriously though the last couple issues of that have been almost all long-winded, wordy exposition in narration boxes. They've got Batlady and Wonder Woman teaming up in one issue, we're ready for them to go crack skulls and whoop on some mythological asses and they run a MAGGIE SIDE STORY?! It doesn't even make me mad, just disappointed. :(

Owzers

Shit bro, I thought that Maggie issue was hella boring too but how you gonna drop dem JHWIII issues?

Seriously though the last couple issues of that have been almost all long-winded, wordy exposition in narration boxes. They've got Batlady and Wonder Woman teaming up in one issue, we're ready for them to go crack skulls and whoop on some mythological asses and they run a MAGGIE SIDE STORY?! It doesn't even make me mad, just disappointed. :(

I haven't really liked Batwoman since issue #6, i thought i'd enjoy the Wonder Woman team up so i kept pre-ordering but that backfired, i find it to be joyless. I do like JHW's art though, but since i sell my single issues and don't get to keep the art, the story is the biggest driver. Deadpool is the next book on notice, stopped ordering after issue #5.

tim1138

Pretty sure JHWIII is only doing art on the book for a couple more issues

If everyone in Peter's life comes together to try and fix all this it will be the all time greatest Spider-Man story ever. That's on some Jed Bartlett type shit, no kidding.

I feel like that would be a very spider-man-like twist to close out that status quo change. Although since very few people know his secret identity these days it probably won't happen.

I loved the Maggie side story. Although it still doesn't touch Elegy. Batwoman #0 (the first 0, not the most recent one) and 15 are my favorite issues besides the Elegy issues.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If everyone in Peter's life comes together to try and fix all this it will be the all time greatest Spider-Man story ever. That's on some Jed Bartlett type shit, no kidding.

Honestly this is exactly what I am expecting to happen eventually. We get a year or so of Ock and then this. I mean in every interview about this no one likes the idea until Slott lays out his plan then they love it. So there has got to be something we don't know yet.

Owzers

Deadpool #3 was okay, the book feels weird in that nothing is set up, each panel just has a new one-liner and while some are funny it feels hollow.

Acid08

Banned
That's because they go back and write jokes after the art is done. Sad that these VH1 talking heads were able to make Deadpool a top four comic...
Bitch how dare you troll by dragging Brian Posehn's in the mud. He's a stand up legend you butthole.

Writing off Batwoman because of a boring issue that had little to do with the story is dumb. How fickle you chuckleheads are.

Black Beetle was also super dope, added to pull list for sure. Dat art.

Anyone remember that link to those in depth conversations on Claremont's X-Men?

I'm needing to revisit the awesome.

Well, there's a few I know:

Jason Powell's issue-by-issue analysis of UXM gave me a whole new appreciation for the run. Just keep going back to go further back into the run

Teebore is currently doing the entire X-run, he's in the middle of the Romita Jr era

David Uzemari and a friend of his were talking about Claremont's X-Men and Morrison's JLA here, but it hasn't been updated in a year

Parch

Love or hate Deadpool but he's a fairly unique comic character with little competition. I think it must be extremely difficult to write a superhero comedy book, that's why it's hit or miss, but for somebody looking for some decent humor in a comic there isn't a lot of choices out there.

Owzers

Bitch how dare you troll by dragging Brian Posehn's in the mud. He's a stand up legend you butthole.

Writing off Batwoman because of a boring issue that had little to do with the story is dumb. How fickle you chuckleheads are.

Black Beetle was also super dope, added to pull list for sure. Dat art.

I'm writing off the story too Xo.

Acid08

Banned
I'm four trades into CHEW. It's kinda crazy, sometimes a little over the top, weird, often disgusting, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Also.... POYO
Nice man, Chew is the funniest comic I've ever read. I love all the weird pictures in the backgrounds in some panels. Beautiful art and just unique as fuck.

Poyo for President.

Fantomex

Deadpool #3 was okay, the book feels weird in that nothing is set up, each panel just has a new one-liner and while some are funny it feels hollow.

I don't think Marvel is willing to risk sales for a Remendered Deadpool. It's a shame really. He's Marvels impossible man, goofball i guess.

Acid08

Banned
It's cool brahfa, I'll keep enjoying things I like.

Krypt0nian, serious thanks for the Black Beetle rec. I really loved that 0 issue.

ReiGun

Reading "Superman: Secret Origin" on comixology. Damn Clark is an ugly kid. Gary Frank is trying to draw him like lil Chris Reeves and it is just not working.

I suppose this might be a good place to ask this. So I'm looking to sell some older(and newer) comics, which, if any, of the online price guide sites out there(I'm currently looking at comicspriceguide.com) are regarded as being quality, as far as keeping up on changing prices i.e. rising and falling values of comics over time?

A related question, what is a similar site that's regarded as good for actually selling comics?

This is the first time I've ever looked into the online arena of comic book prices and selling.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: And so as to not completely break discussion, how about that latest issue of Batman eh? Seriously though, I'm really curious to see how the rest of the "Death of the Family" arc plays out. I've only read the story that been in Batman, doesn't it flow through the other Bat-titles as well? If so, what's the word on those? Required reading or just supplementary story stuff?

Rafa is the FUBU of hipster comic GAF. Popular doesn't mean inherently bad, any more than unpopular means something is good.

Hawkeye just happens to be popular and amazing. Let's enjoy the ride as long as we can.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just in case some of you are not reading Hawkeye

ibfG21TJXcxA88.jpg

lol I love this comic.

While this looks funny, it's one of the laziest copypaste-y and bad drawings I've ever seen in Marvel comics. Is the whole series drawn like this?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
While this looks funny, it's one of the laziest copypaste-y and bad drawings I've ever seen in Marvel comics. Is the whole series drawn like this?

This segment of the issue is literally a skit on the old Marvel Arcade beat-em ups. Its comic artwork being used as sprites, so yes, its copy paste. In the full issue it works perfectly, bro.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, that doesn't happen normally and those panels are slightly simplified too. Like Pie and Beans said those dudes are assumedly copypasted as a throwback to the old Marvel arcade games, and there's even a "character select" spoof in one of the pages.

3rDbw.jpg

StGe1.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ahaha, I see :) Might look into Hawkeye, works much better in context.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

WHAT IN THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKAGHGEAGODUHVHAOVAVGAGDG
AG
ADIGH
G
F
G
G
AAAAAAAAAAAA

LiQuid!

Having the Marvel TV Series focus on non-powered heroes would make a lot of sense from a budget point of view. Maybe after we see how the current series goes.

No more archery shows please! CW already has Arrow and now they're developing Sherwood based on Robin Hood. I love Hawkeye but I've had enough fucking bows all over the damn place!

LiQuid!

If you clowns are going to sit there and try and convince me that Jeremy Renner was anything less than a revelation in National Lampoon's Senior Trip you have your work cut out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom