• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Comic |OT| Apocalypse NOW - Time Enough At Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means the fact that post-N52 "Green Lantern" was Sinestro instead of Hal Jordan. And as of recently Green Lantern is Simon Baz. Hal's been around but he hasn't been the focus of the book at all.
Somewhere Kyle Rayner is playing the world's smallest violin. In between shots of whiskey and crying jags, that is.

Isak_Borg

I just ordered the first two library editions of Hellboy. I can't wait to catch up on it while I read Hellboy in Hell every month. Is there a recommended point where I should start reading
B.P.R.D?

Ask him what he thinks of Fables.

It's pretty obvious in Hellboy when you should start picking up BPRD
when hellboy goes of on his own

You're in for an awesome trip!

I actually started off reading BPRD and then migrated to hellboy and fell in love from there.

tim1138

I heard they completely retconned his entire history. Was that incorrect?

His whole N52 back story hasn't been revealed yet. Most of it is the same though-Ganthet handpicked him for the ring, he was the Torchbearer, Alex was fridged, etc. What we don't know is if he hosted Ion, who killed Alex, or why he was the Torchbearer. He's also only had the ring for 2 years and presumably was never a League member.

I just ordered the first two library editions of Hellboy. I can't wait to catch up on it while I read Hellboy in Hell every month. Is there a recommended point where I should start reading
B.P.R.D?

Ask him what he thinks of Fables.

I didn't even touch B.P.R.D. until after I finished The Storm and the Fury. I'd recommend at least starting after The Conqueror Worm.

And pick up the 4 Plague of Frogs omnibus editions - they're gorgeous and surprisingly cheap. Cheaper than buying all the TPBs, anyway.

Isak_Borg

I didn't even touch B.P.R.D. until after I finished The Storm and the Fury. I'd recommend at least starting after The Conqueror Worm.

And pick up the 4 Plague of Frogs omnibus editions - they're gorgeous and surprisingly cheap. Cheaper than buying all the TPBs, anyway.

A friend of mine is selling all of the Plague of Frog Hardcovers and Hellboy library editions if anyone is interested.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

I was planning on picking up the omnibus editions once I get to the series.

Acid08

Banned
Four comic book stores later and I found the last copy of Black Beetle left in a 30 mile radius. Saving it for my flight tomorrow.

Owzers

So...

TTOB has one final act of comics terror, a doomsday thread.

Rafa comes in to save Comics Gaf from his vengeance, defeats TTOB.

TTOB is locked up, recovering from an artistic crisis when suddenly he speaks : "Rafa, brahs, Rafa"

The mods come to get Rafa after a small time-out from posting to visit TTOB in his time of need. Slowly walking up to TTOB, Rafa says but one word, " gardenburger," and walks away.

I'm convinced.

His whole N52 back story hasn't been revealed yet. Most of it is the same though-Ganthet handpicked him for the ring, he was the Torchbearer, Alex was fridged, etc. What we don't know is if he hosted Ion, who killed Alex, or why he was the Torchbearer. He's also only had the ring for 2 years and presumably was never a League member.
I remember reading somewhere recently that a recent retcon made it o that Kyle never went through the "last green lantern" phase, that he no longer used ion to restart the corps and revive the oans as male/female. Also, that the reasons behind Alex's death no longer made sense. Not to mention that the rest of his ex-girlfriends don't.exist anymore.

frye

re: Kyle

I think the newest issue of whichever comic he's in shows a flashback of him as a rookie Lantern coexisting with the Corps which is...impossible if he's the ~torchbearer~

I remember reading somewhere recently that a recent retcon made it o that Kyle never went through the "last green lantern" phase, that he no longer used ion to restart the corps and revive the oans as male/female. Also, that the reasons behind Alex's death no longer made sense. Not to mention that the rest of his ex-girlfriends don't.exist anymore.

oh
oh shit I forgot about Donna

Man DC, just give me a little side book like that Teen Titans Year One mini you did. I don't care what matches up.

Thai

Bane was better.
SAGA #8: I'm so sick of characters saying that things are "goddamn beautiful". STOP IT, BKV.

saga is goddamn beautiful.

tim1138

In the first issue of New Guardians (his book) they flashback and show all of the Corps wiped out but Ganthet, who then traveled to Earth to give Kyle the ring. In the zero issue from September, Carol tells him that Hal had told her that for a time Kyle was the Torchbearer for the entire Corps. Nothing concerning Ion (or any of the entities for that matter) has been referenced since the N52 started. The reason for Alex's death hasn't been given, just that it happened while Kyle was off world and she was stuffed in the fridge. It's true that Jade no longer exists, Alan Scott is gay in the N52 anyway, but Sora's status is unknown. She was on the cover of GLC 1, but hasn't appeared in any of the books yet.

Basically they're slowly revealing Kyle's origins little by little to make it fit into the N52. And yes he was shown on Oa with other Lanterns but no time frame was given as to when it happened-it was Kyle seeing Ganthet and Sayd interact for his first time.

Kyle was the best lantern, DC always ruins the characters I like the most. Perhaps if I start becoming a big superman fan they'll kill him off forever...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hal's dead

Hal isn't dead. Hal is "dead." You're talking about him and Sinestro mucking about in Black Hand's death realm right? That's not dead, that's "you guys go off and play somewhere else so we can focus on this new guy."

Kyle was the best lantern, DC always ruins the characters I like the most. Perhaps if I start becoming a big superman fan they'll kill him off forever...

Are you not reading New Guardians? Shit is CASH MONEY.

Owzers

Finally got to read ASM 699 and 700, apart from the very last issue of Spider-Island ( with all the pants), these are my favorite Slott issues, and probably the only three overall i've liked lately since i didn't care for Island or Ends of the Earth. Slott plays the troll card HARD in these issues to the point of fan fiction bizarro land, but since my expectations were for that very thing, i enjoyed it. The Mary Jane and Spidey interactions were especially terrible, since when is MJ cool with
peter sounding like a 50 year old sexist telling the pesky shrill woman to shut it?
But again, fan fiction bizarro land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom