• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Comic |OT| Apocalypse NOW - Time Enough At Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
While we're talking Hawkeye, I can't be the only one who missed this:

Z48N9.jpg

ENwsz.jpg
I didn't notice the background was directly from the game, that is so fucking cool. Why doesn't Aja draw more stuff? :(

Owzers

finished Bendis' Avengers vol 1 hc, the new series with Romita etc etc etc. Mixed feelings overall, but it almost feels like a jumbled mess that amounts to a waste of time. No character growth whatsoever, bendis-talk everywhere, even Ultron, a mildly entertaining time travel story.

Verdict: Regret.

finished Bendis' Avengers vol 1 hc, the new series with Romita etc etc etc. Mixed feelings overall, but it almost feels like a jumbled mess that amounts to a waste of time. No character growth whatsoever, bendis-talk everywhere, even Ultron, a mildly entertaining time travel story.

That was the one story of his I liked, tho I haven't read it in a while.

New avengers was the better of the 2 i thought

But that timeline stuff was cool.

Is Saga a good comic to read?

Prolly gonna drop Wolverine and the X-men since it's becoming sorta "meh" after the last two issues, American Vampire is going on hiatus and Uncanny X-force has sadly ended and I need replacements on my buy list.

Owzers

Yeah. That's why i try to give my codes away when I buy comics. I know that feel! But then again, I can always wait till I have money and cop the Trade Paperbacks.

I'm pretty sure i'm going to start cutting back on comics, it's getting out of hand....yet.....must read!

Acid08

Banned
Is Saga a good comic to read?

Prolly gonna drop Wolverine and the X-men since it's becoming sorta "meh" after the last two issues, American Vampire is going on hiatus and Uncanny X-force has sadly ended and I need replacements on my buy list.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

kmfdmpig

Any recommendations or thoughts about the books I'm already considering? I'm not necessarily restricting myself to new comics, but I feel like I want to know more about the comic book scene as it exists today, so it might be beneficial.

I know this is a bit late, but I would recommend Irredeemable and Incorruptible. They are two separate, but interlinked series that are each about 35 issues long. I thought they were well done and they've already ended so they should be easy to track down in trades.

Owzers

I liked Irredeemable a lot more than Incorruptible, Incorruptible felt stretched and lacked the broader picture of Deem, and Deem felt a bit stretched too despite having more room to work.

Verdict: Read Irredeemable and check out spoilers for Incorruptible.

Splatt

I liked Irredeemable a lot more than Incorruptible, Incorruptible felt stretched and lacked the broader picture of Deem, and Deem felt a bit stretched too despite having more room to work.

Verdict: Read Irredeemable and check out spoilers for Incorruptible.

Incorruptible is pretty meh. It started out alright, but kept getting worse with each arc.

Irredemable is entertaing the whole way through.

Brahs, not enough talk about Francavilla's stellar Black Beetle #0 (reprinting his run in Dark Horse Presents to lead into #1)

BlackBeetleNightShift0.jpg

DHP11_TheBlackBeetle_pag02_low.jpg

22-686-6.jpg

It's better than most everything we're hyping/complaining about/buying.

If you love comics, correct this mistake. You owe it to yourself.

EDIT:

FUUUUUUUU

His poster for The Invisible Man (a poster for the Mondo showing) is godlike.

Francesco-Francavilla-Invisible-Man.jpg

GOOD GOD! The other stuff they had commissioned is crazy cool!

http://www.mondotees.com/GALLERY_c_20.html

Brahs, not enough talk about Francavilla's stellar Black Beetle #0 (reprinting his run in Dark Horse Presents to lead into #1)

22-686-6.jpg

Where can I get it?

ElNarez

Banned
It does say a lot that the big talking point we got out of ASM #700 isn't "Oh man Spider-Man is so awesome and holy shit what's coming next I can't wait", but is "So, uh, was that rape?". That's pretty much all I had to say on the matter.

Mara was a super confusing mess and it's a huge bummer.

Enjoyed everything in ASM 700 except for the very end. I've enjoyed enough of Slott's run to stick with it for an arc or two, just to see where it goes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Xtreme X-Men's gay Wolverine and gay Herc have my interest up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/krypt0nian/junk/x-treme-xmen-008-22.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

If only my interest was the only thing they had up!

Real talk: I love X-treme X-Men probably more than I should. Glad to see some beefy gays in a comic, basically just for the sake of yuks instead of all the super PC "look how diverse and liberal our comic book is" crap.

Acid08

Banned
For some inexplicable reason my dog ripped up my copy of Mara while it was left out, she never does shit like that. That book may be cursed.

I bought another copy.

Acid08

Banned

22-686-6.jpg

Hmm I saw this on the rack of my LCS. Pretty good huh? I'll pick up a copy before I go to the airport tomorrow. Thanks, looking forward to it :)

Huh. Apparently Spider-Island was meant to push back the big mind-swap story because they felt it was too early in Slott's run. According to the CBR interview.

If only my interest was the only thing they had up!

Real talk: I love X-treme X-Men probably more than I should. Glad to see some beefy gays in a comic, basically just for the sake of yuks instead of all the super PC "look how diverse and liberal our comic book is" crap.

I've bought and liked every issue. This new development is just (ball) gravy on top of already good potatoes. ;)

I stan for Dazzler. Always have.

Hmm I saw this on the rack of my LCS. Pretty good huh? I'll pick up a copy before I go to the airport tomorrow. Thanks, looking forward to it :)

It's fuckawesome. I cannot wait for the new mini to start now.

People on a comics budget: Does it bug you that you can't read all the books you want to?

You just have to be creative with your buying habits. I got a friend who is collecting the Marvel NOW X-Men stuff, and I buy the Avengers stuff. We trade the codes or let each other read whatever else we buy (He buys more stuff). I still don't read everything but I'm sure I'm enjoying the most out of what I buy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can you explain this a bit more? I'm not extremely well versed in what's going on in GL these days past the first arc.

I think he means the fact that post-N52 "Green Lantern" was Sinestro instead of Hal Jordan. And as of recently Green Lantern is Simon Baz. Hal's been around but he hasn't been the focus of the book at all.

tim1138

Based on past interviews, it's pretty apparent the first year of N52 Green Lantern was just Johns reworking stories he had already plotted out for the book. The Indigo Tribe arc was originally supposed to run last fall after War of the Green Lanterns ended, but obviously that was delayed. It's my guess that what made up the first 6-7 issues was pulled from the Sinestro Secret Origins mini that was supposed to be out either late last year or early this year (with Ivan Reis art) that was supposedly going to cover his early days as a GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom