• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

delaystation hits again, this time wipeout hd

pj

Banned
Let's blow this up until it becomes a huge issue reported on multiple sites so that sony will have to come out with the real story which will be much less interesting but much more informative

CRIPPLING BUG AFFLICTING UPCOMING PSN GAMES. IT STARTED WITH WIPEOUT, BUT COULD IT SPREAD TO OTHERS?? FANS OF FAT PRINCESS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO WORRY

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
SR: I'm not sure I know how to answer that right now. There are still some decisions being made on that particular product for the U.S.

istockphoto_2087867_all_flights_canceled_hd.jpg

Xater

pj325is said:
Let's blow this up until it becomes a huge issue reported on multiple sites so that sony will have to come out with the real story which will be much less interesting but much more informative

CRIPPLING BUG AFFLICTING UPCOMING PSN GAMES. IT STARTED WITH WIPEOUT, BUT COULD IT SPREAD TO OTHERS?? FANS OF FAT PRINCESS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO WORRY

I like the way you are thinking....:lol

kevm3

Seems in-line with Sony's typical dealings this generation. When's the last time a Sony first party game came out on time for the PS3? When's the last time a Sony first party game actually came out that isn't PSN? Uncharted? Insomniac's offerings don't count since they are technically independent. Whoever's managing projects at Sony really needs to get on the ball... because these constant delays are agitating.

JB1981

BIG BUBBA said:
I have friends in the industry... and apparently the "technical problem" they're having is that, sometimes, when you crash your vehicle into a wall at a certain angle, the polygonal collision causes the game to suddenly get replaced by Too Human... The people at Sony are REALLY confused why this is happening, especially since Too Human is a 360 game. I'll try to squeeze more info out of my sources, but they've been pretty tight-lipped about this.
:lol

M3wThr33

Banned
PS2 KID said:
Damn shame. Having two similar games launch in close proximity would kill Fatal Inertia EX sales. ;)
It was a bug that FIex got finished on time. The fix is to sit on your ass for 6 months and then it'll die completely.

I'm trying to think of some bug that would cause such a huge setback. Possibly a rewrite but what? A memory leak that they can't pinpoint? A memory leak that they DID pinpoint but it ...

No. Not 6 months. Nothing takes that long. Unless the 'bug' fucked up their devkits. Wait. Even then... NO.

Crayon

I just realized they could be waffling on the old disc/dl/dual release bullshit that they've been fucking about with lately. Sony doesn't seem to have they science down yet. The disc one will be different.. the disc one will be the same.... the real one coming later... blah blah blah.

This could be it. Rather than a bug proper.

YYZ

next thing we'll hear that LBP is being delayed too, WTF Sony. There's literally nothing from them this summer besides Siren: Blood Curse and PixelJunk Eden, including non-PSN games!

If they're undecided between PSN or Blu-Ray release, then the choice is fucking obvious.

Mohonky

....and my mate said I would regret selling my PS3.

At this rate I won't be missing anything till mid next year.

DeadTrees

pj325is said:

Nothing exciting really, just a minor technical issue with the Xenos chip.

fanning the flames

DrXym

What's the issue with just saying what the bug is? It reminds me of a flight being delayed but none of the airline staff having the balls to say what the issue is. Which usually makes everyone more frustrated and angry than if they just said straight out that a machine broke down or something. Shit happens, people just want to know what the shit happening actually is.

Transparency is good. I think everyone would appreciate that if the bug bricked your console and raped your dog that it would be something of a showstopper.

duckroll

I figured it out. There's only one possibly technical problem that could delay a game that long. It's called "incomplete game". :D

M3wThr33

Banned
Actually, it might not be a super bug.

What happened is that there's SO MANY PSN releases, it's hard to fit it into a schedule!

Grayman

God speed to fixing this one. If the bug is so "tricky" may it eventually be fixed in a very short time if someone lucks out and tries the right fix? I shouldn't be giving myself false hope like that...

ITT people who pretend to know what the superbug is but actually don't, just so they can get more attention. DJMizuhara, you're the biggest bullshitter I've ever seen.

Sean

Banned
I don't understand what bug can't be fixed within months. It's not like this is a tiny independent game ether, last I've heard they have dozens of people (ie 40+) working on this.

I'm guessing it has to do with the online mode, superfast game like this, lag would really affect it. Perhaps they're redoing the entire netcode or something....

nofi

Zedsdeadbaby said:
ITT people who pretend to know what the superbug is but actually don't, just so they can get more attention. DJMizuhara, you're the biggest bullshitter I've ever seen.

I don't know if he's right or not, but the explanation I have come up with seems plausible enough to me.

Shito

Yeah, well, a 6-months-to-track-down-bug?
I did enough game-coding in my life to raise a suspicious eyebrow at that and say "lolwut?".
Added to the fact that everyone in the know seems to be extra-careful at not divulging anything and choosing their words, I'm led to believe this bug thing is quite a lie. Or a convenient way to justify having to redo a *HUGE* portion of the game.

wii_HD

Neo Member
The SONY released statement use of wording misleads.

I go with the opinion Fatal Inertia is being given a window to make sales.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
that really really sucks, i honestly bought that chubigans' conspiracy theory about how "no mention of WOHD=surprise release" :/

EDIT: this is a picture of the bug that the dev team couldn't kill, it looks like it's nothing but when closely inspected...

ewwwwwwww.jpg

DrXym

Sean said:
I don't understand what bug can't be fixed within months. It's not like this is a tiny independent game ether, last I've heard they have dozens of people (ie 40+) working on this.

I'm guessing it has to do with the online mode, superfast game like this, lag would really affect it. Perhaps they're redoing the entire netcode or something....

Sort of bugs that I can think of:

1. Environmental issues - latency, bandwidth, drop outs render multiplayer unplayable
2. Catastrophic issues - bricking hardware, HDD corruption, memory leaks, crashes
3. Security - open ports, insecure save data, other exploits
4. Ratings / Experience related - skinnable vehicles / team names mean pr0n & griefing gallore with no way to report offenders

Edit - Jinfash get rid of that pic, it's disgusting

FirewalkR

wii_HD said:
I go with the opinion Fatal Inertia is being given a window to make sales.

I came here to post that just as a joke (and was beaten in post #3), however there is NO WAY they'd delay Wipeout 6 months for FIex. Give them one month? Perhaps. Two would be stretching already.

wii_HD

Neo Member
FirewalkR said:
I came here to post that just as a joke (and was beaten in post #3), however there is NO WAY they'd delay Wipeout 6 months for FIex. Give them one month? Perhaps. Two would be stretching already.

I understand why most people assuming its an hardware problem.

But the statement wording makes it sound something else.

Zedsdeadbaby said:

Ok, you can think what you like. I actually know that reason why it's been delayed...unfortunately I've been told to keep quite! Simple really!

No bullshit...

Top Bottom