• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

DerpHause

Sounds good! I'll hop on soon as I get home 8:30-9pm PDT.

Got space for one more. Anyone down for raiding tonight at 9pm PDT?

Skeletron, 280 Titan, PSN: Traxus12
Branaghs, 270 Warlock PSN: Branaghs
Dodecagon, 282 Titan PSN: free_the_slaves
JTran2003, 272 Warlock PSN: JTran2003
Kard8p3, 285 Warlock PSN: Kard8p3

_________

I'll be on around 9:30pm PDT if you're still looking, otherwise good luck with your run.

PSN: Jimmy_doom
272 Titan

CLBridges

I wanna raid but think I'll wait until the weekend to find a group. Seems like it's really gonna be a time sink, so this weekend is the perfect time for me. Good luck to those going in blind!

Two things-

I'm glad the raid still breaks after it's done and nothing works correctly
I'm also glad there is an explanation for robot Calus

5.5 hours for worlds first seems like one of the lowest yet.

No. Wrath of the Machine and Crota's End were much lower. This was more or less on par with King's Fall.

Edit: When it comes to Crota's End, I might be confusing it with the first hard mode completion.

Been watching Datto but might have to hit the hay before they nail it (though they're close).

Someone mind filling me in what happens at the end and afterwards? Rewards, lore, scenes, tokens etc.

New raid doesn't seem that bad, at least mechanics wise compared to King's Fall, which is good because that thing was esoteric beyond need to the point I only did it once. I only saw the last boss for Leviathan though.

Off topic but to go back to the "Hunters got fucked in D2" well, holy shit are all the legendary sets for hunters ugly as sin. The only decent ones are the EDZ, Titan, and Eververse ones. In general those sets seem to be the only ones with any personality across the other classes too but at least even their ugly ones still fare better than the best hunter armor. Nothing hunter wise here can lick the boot of the ToO hunter set.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
New raid doesn't seem that bad, at least mechanics wise compared to King's Fall, which is good because that thing was esoteric beyond need to the point I only did it once. I only saw the last boss for Leviathan though.

Off topic but to go back to the "Hunters got fucked in D2" well, holy shit are all the legendary sets for hunters ugly as sin. The only decent ones are the EDZ, Titan, and Eververse ones. In general those sets seem to be the only ones with any personality across the other classes too but at least even their ugly ones still fare better than the best hunter armor. Nothing hunter wise here can lick the boot of the ToO hunter set.

:lol then you missed like
10 mechanistic-heavy encounters that would make King's Fall look easy

hank_tree

The second mission alone was some of Bungie's best story telling, period.

By second mission do you mean the one when you are de-powered? Love this quote from the Eurogamer review/impressions,

"Bungie is as clumsy as ever when trying to elicit emotion; at one point, just after your powers have been stripped, a melancholy score swirls as you punch a pack of dogs and you're handed a sub-machine gun called Sorrow."

Magwik

Banned

Shaders are our friends.

:lol then you missed like
10 mechanistic-heavy encounters that would make King's Fall look easy

I would say that it's a natural progression of raids.

As we get more and more raids, they're going to be filled with more mechanics, even if those mechanics were used previously in different raids.

Happened with WoW, will happen with this. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's just a natural progression.

Top Bottom