• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

My Hunter is ready, so pumped. I'll go Arcstrider, it just looks and sounds to cool to ignore. But I'm very curious about the Nightstalker.

Also, dont wanna ruin anyones hype but lets be honest here..

1) Servers will crash at launch. We are all gonna rage till bungie fix their shit.

2) Game economy will be broken at launch too. We went through shortages of armor materials, weapon parts, heavy ammo synth, glimmer, crucible marks etc during D1... we are bound to hit a wall esrly in D2...

3) PVP meta will suck no matter what. Its just fun to hate on the PVP meta in Destiny...

1) Servers will crash at launch. We are all gonna rage till bungie fix their shit.

2) Game economy will be broken at launch too. We went through shortages of armor materials, weapon parts, heavy ammo synth, glimmer, crucible marks etc during D1... we are bound to hit a wall esrly in D2...

3) PVP meta will suck no matter what. Its just fun to hate on the PVP meta in Destiny...

I don't think it will be that bad. They are iterating on 3 years of experience this time. With the first game they were building the landing gear as the plane touched down.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Grumoire is gone replaced by a few different things, each exotic, raid and trials gear will have a lore tab associated with it. There are also scanable objects in the world to get additional info.
I thought they said every piece of gear will have a lore tab (or at least every legendary piece)?

AsakuraZ

Man I've been on the fence about Destiny 2 all week. I was there at launch for D1, played like a madman and cleared the first raid and then felt burnt out. Taken King came out and I loved all the improvements to the game but still really didn't stick with it.

Flash forward to D2, I was worried id feel the same but man, the sense of community here at GAF and just the hype in this OT thread has gotten me so excited to play again. I'm really looking forward to picking it up tonight and making some new friends in D2, like I have in PUBGAF. See you all tonight!

UKUMI0

This is my first Destiny OT, I have a love/hate relationship with Destiny but going into the sequel with a clean slate willing to let it wow me.

#hype

CREMSteve

I'm conflicted. I've got a lot of GAF on my friend list, and played a bunch of D1 with gaffers. But I also have a few RL friends that I played D1 with quite a bit. Normally, I'd clan up with the smaller group, but with D2's clan system, it seems counter-productive to be in a smaller clan. Decisions decisions.

Ernest

Banned
So what are the details of carrying over your D1 character to D2, and to what extent can you do so?

Will it read my character from my hard-drive, or from their servers, using my player id?

Toa Axis

I'm pretty stoked. I quit D1 about a month after launch, then came back a few months ago to find that the game was now a much more enjoyable experience. In retrospect, perhaps I should have just waited considering D1 was on its way out (I still have yet to touch any of the raids lol), but I don't regret the renewed interest and faith I found in the game.

Hopefully Destiny 2 will prove to provide a better foothold for me going forward!

alt27

1 - maybe
2. -Why? They sorted out the economy in the taken king. Why would they bugger with it now?
3. Probably be the best time for meta at launch as everyone is still trying to find the best guns etc

Pjsprojects

Why won't these seconds go faster?

Why can't I decide which version to start first?

Why is it to late to save the puppies :-(

Skeletron

I always play a support class. In D1 I was a Titan Defender but now the Warlock has the power to buff allies. Can't decide!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought they said every piece of gear will have a lore tab (or at least every legendary piece)?
Whoa... whaaaat?

I think I'd actually kinda prefer that not to be the case. If EVERY piece of legendary gear is meant to have some kind of story or universe tie-in associated with it, the quality is bound to suffer. Plus I mean... it makes sense for some guns to just be, well, guns. Produced by the manufacturers we know (Hakke, Omolon, Suros, Tex Mechanica etc) for mass usage.

edit: OOOh i do hope IB gear is in on the Lore tab craze though.

Blueblur1

Only page 3 noob! :p

Hoping for reviews soon since D1 had reviews right before release.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

X-Frame

Whoa... whaaaat?

I think I'd actually kinda prefer that not to be the case. If EVERY piece of legendary gear is meant to have some kind of story or universe tie-in associated with it, the quality is bound to suffer. Plus I mean... it makes sense for some guns to just be, well, guns. Produced by the manufacturers we know (Hakke, Omolon, Suros, Tex Mechanica etc) for mass usage.

I'm pretty sure Luke said it's all Exotics, plus every piece of Raid gear. Not all regular Legendaries.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty sure Luke said it's all Exotics, plus every piece of Raid gear. Not all regular Legendaries.
Yep and Trials gear as well from what I remember. Not sure about IB though! I want some more tales of the Iron Lords.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Whoa... whaaaat?

edit: OOOh i do hope IB gear is in on the Lore tab craze though.
to be fair I have a really bad memory. I think it was luke who stated this though.

Edit: see I got corrected already lol

deafmedal

Surely servers won't shit the bed like GTAO, now that was a fucked launch. Only gonna be able to get an hour or two in at launch, hopefully I can at least smash the first few missions.

Top Bottom