• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

FyreWulff

Hmmmm do I double dip or not? Don't want everything spoiled, but also 120FPS Destiny was too good

i plan on being both ps4 and pc, i definitely need to build a new pc though. I could hit 60fps comfortably but my hardware has shit thermal handling due to it's age and liked to crash randomly :(

if i can swing it i'm even going to be on Bone this time too.

Kyoufu

I don't know which class to play first. Not particularly excited to play any of them since most of what they get are Destiny 1 perks and abilities. Bleh.

deafmedal

Apologies if this has already been covered, but is PS+ required for this game? I know it's required for the MP stuff, but can you play through the campaign without Plus?

I put about 350 hours into Destiny and played MP for a grand total of 10 minutes, so I know what I'll be "missing". I recently let my Plus lapse because I am a SP exclusive gamer and I want to make sure Plus isn't a prerequisite just to play D2.

I can't seem to officially nail down the answer via Sony or Bungie's sites.

Should be similar to D.1 I would think, but why would you want to play without, especially for full price at launch? Unless you plan on getting plus later on...

Theorry

Yeah UK but the times on the website and console store show the time to that region not my time. Been like that for me over the years.

Even if its 26 hours still a good 7 hours earlier than UK version. :p

Weird. But yeah. 26 is fine also. Playing earlier and cheaper is always good.

KJRage

I can't wait to play this. I pre ordered from Best buy digitally, but I haven't received a code to be able to download it early. I hope I can get to play it at midnight

bfett9

Neo Member
Destiny 2 Soundtrack up for preorder

Warning Track Titles Listed, if you care to avoid spoilers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758QVY9K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2:37:36 of music.

Just as an FYI, the Bungie store will likely be listing the OST sometime today or tomorrow and it will also include FLAC Lossless, pdf booklet, and perhaps a D2 Emblem (based upon previous Destiny OST releases)

Spotify streaming should release this evening.

Machina

Banned
PC community be like

giphy.gif

Should be similar to D.1 I would think, but why would you want to play without, especially for full price at launch? Unless you plan on getting plus later on...

I will probably end up getting Plus again, but I'm going to wait until I find it on sale. Maybe around BF. But I also loved the SP of Destiny 1. Call me crazy, but I really didn't like the MP. At all. But the SP hooked me big time.

deafmedal

I will probably end up getting Plus again, but I'm going to wait until I find it on sale. Maybe around BF. But I also loved the SP of Destiny 1. Call me crazy, but I really didn't like the MP. At all. But the SP hooked me big time.

Did you get any raiding in? I've played a decent (read: several hundred hours) bit of crucible but the majority of my time was spent in raids. For me, it's the biggest draw...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My boy Hawk!
Fernyyyy hell yeah
Can't wait for your newbie raid runs again :)
Gotta get good quick hahaha
If memory serves, you could access some strikes and patrol along with the "story" but weeklies, NF, raids and PVP were locked out.
I think the ability to form fireteam was locked, plus all the playlists (random strikes, pvp). I do remember seeing blueberries "in the wild" is possible for people without plus in D1. Not sure if that's the case in D2 since patrol is way more actual content now

ocean

Banned
That would make sense, but the first Destiny was playable without Plus and had the same server setup, right?
You can play through the entire campaign and access public areas (Patrol, Farm etc) without Plus/Gold.

You can’t join a fire team though, meaning you can’t co-op the campaign - nor can you participate in Strikes, Raids or PvP. Given what the game’s strengths are, I can’t in good faith recommend you buy the game at full price under these conditions.

Wait 6-8 months for a US$40 collection or something.

jacobs34

So excited to dive into the sequel of my most played game this generation. Look forward to playing with members of DGAF and making some new buds. There simply is not a better community on GAF. Great OT, Cheers!

TitusTroy

why a Wednesday release?...typically new game releases are on Tuesday (USA)...with the exception being indie or non-AAA games

GhaleonEB

My pre-order is coming from Gamestop snail mail, so I'll be joining ya'll on Thursday or so, thus continuing my tradition of being slightly behind everyone else. Gonna avert my eyes in the meantime. Have fun everyone.

SourBear

Banned
Nice OT, only gripe is it should say "4 whole new zones to explore instead of worlds". Hopefully they are vast and full of stuff to do.

Hope console people enjoy, will jump on the game once it's out on pc.

Wait really? Sorry I'm not being dense here but I was totally under the impression that 'worlds' meant multiple zones per world. Is that really the case? Only 4 zones?

As were D1 reviews, any released tomorrow will be dreadfully incomplete. Without any experience with the raid, which also entails the eventual Hard Mode raid, the raid gear which will impact the broader sandbox, and some sense of replayability, it's realllllly not going to be an adequate picture of the game.

I'm not saying this in the sense of "reviews are going to be unfair" or "if you see a bad review it won't count." Even really positive reviews, it'll be like assigning a score to something like 80% of a game.
From what I recall, I think Kotaku was one of the few, if only major outlet that actually waited an entire month to review the game. It was thorough as hell too. Hope they do the same this time around.

Wait really? Sorry I'm not being dense here but I was totally under the impression that 'worlds' meant multiple zones per world. Is that really the case? Only 4 zones?

Yes, 4 zones spread out over 4 worlds. The EDZ is twice as big as any zone in D1. So don't be worried. D1 launched with 4 and it ended with 6, so this is a substantial amount of new space.

Man, they need to flip the switch tonight. Wednesday is such a dumb release��

Plus I'm off on Tuesday.

why a Wednesday release?...typically new game releases are on Tuesday (USA)...with the exception being indie or non-AAA games

They were going to launch on Friday, but they don't think the servers could handle it. So they moved it to be earlier in the week. I suspect it'd be Tuesday, but in the US, Monday is Labor Day, and there wouldn't be midnight launches at stores & all Bungie's staff would have to spend Labor Day prepping.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Everything at launch anyways.*

*Not counting if we get a last second oh shit patch or something
fyi if you didn’t know there is a patch out for the game right now.

No idea, but i guess be thankful it’s wednesday, it was originally scheduled to be released Friday.

Top Bottom