• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Looking to run a fresh raid starting in about an hour (6:30 PM). Obviously not a blind raid, and we will be going into the underbelly to get all the chests people may need. It's preferable if you know the encounters to make this run as fast and smooth as possible, but if you don't then you do need to be able to listen and have a mic.

I'd love to join the raid, but I won't be home until around 7pm central. If you're still looking for more at that time I'd gladly join.

Just opened a Caide's chest with zero loot, like... Really?

were you opening other things in succession right before? There's magical/invisible cooldown timer for looting. Whenever you loot his chests try and take it easy beforehand.

Same thing happened to me. Did not open anything for many minutes prior.

I've also had terrible luck with Cayde's chests. Practically nothing of any value found, and nearly 50k in Glimmer spent. Yuck.

Reposting for the new page. Still looking for people.
Looking to run a fresh raid starting in about an hour (6:30 PM). Obviously not a blind raid, and we will be going into the underbelly to get all the chests people may need. It's preferable if you know the encounters to make this run as fast and smooth as possible, but if you don't then you do need to be able to listen and have a mic.

1. SilvardCT
2. Baloonatic
[/QUOTE]

I have experience and would like to run it.

Psn Raidenshugelaser

Sayad

1. SilvardCT
2. Baloonatic
3. Bandiger
4. Owensboro
Would love to join, level ~283, never raided before, but I'm a good listener. :D
PSN: KefkaVI

Reposting for new page

The ๖ۜBronx;249482865 said:
Is there any reason not to wipe your main characters from D1? I disliked the way they looked so did two already and Lock is the only one left. Plus want to be able to choose the default dance they'll have for the next few years.

Silvard

I'd love to join the raid, but I won't be home until around 7pm central. If you're still looking for more at that time I'd gladly join.

On the off chance we aren't full by then I'll let you know, but it's unlikely. I'll be running more the rest of the week though.

I have experience and would like to run it.

Psn Raidenshugelaser

1. SilvardCT
2. Baloonatic
3. Bandiger
4. OwensboroEsq
5. Raidenshugelaser
6. KefkaVI

It seems we're full. We're starting in 20 minutes if that's okay with everyone.

We're trying again to get a blind raid going tonight at 6PM EST on PS4. If anyone hasn't ran the raid yet, we're looking for 2 more people. Reply or PM me your PSN ID if interested.

Reposting again for a new page. C'mon, there's got to be some people out there who haven't done it and still want to get that "exploring a new raid" experience.

Every single request I've seen for raids has another request that people already know the raid. Is there anyone willing to take new people to it?

Edit: apart from the post a few above mine lol

edukate

Any gaffers able to help with the callus checkpoint? I'm 288 and know the mechanics but can't find a fireteam to get me through this one encounter...

Psn LuckyDoobage

Frenden

Banned
exotic engrams at the postmaster should never be deleted/replaced by blue mods. stupid game.
I've never seen an exotic drop in the wild, just as an event reward. They fill a separate character specific bar of engrams. The postmaster shouldn't be able to overwrite them, ever, as it's impossible for them to be there.

1. SilvardCT
2. Baloonatic
3. Bandiger
4. OwensboroEsq
5. Raidenshugelaser
6. KefkaVI

Aaaaaaaand something just came up in life. Sorry can't make the raid now. Good luck to you all.

Psn Raidenshugelaser

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The ๖ۜBronx;249484254 said:
If anyone knows:

Itching to start Warlock but don't want to delete it if it's going to affect something. Figure Bungie knows how much I played D1 without needing the specific characters anymore.

All your carry over benefits are tied to your account not your characters. Get your hair did.

Flashpoint being on Titan really highlights how shitty this planet is to explore.

It'd be an okay patrol zone for vanilla Destiny 1, but now compared to EDZ, Nessus and Io, it's really not up to par. Also Titan having just two public events (which never change) just makes it even worse.
It's tiny, outside environments are pretty ugly, and the couple of nice ones inside you've already seen through the campaign/strikes.

Between this and the raid
starting with that godawful, luck-based dog section
I'm really not having the best week with the game.

TsuWave

I've never seen an exotic drop in the wild, just as an event reward. They fill a separate character specific bar of engrams. The postmaster shouldn't be able to overwrite them, ever, as it's impossible for them to be there.

its not impossible for them to go to postmaster, you're wrong. it didn't drop in the wild. it dropped as an event reward but my inventory (as in the max amount of engrams i can carry) was full so it went to postmaster. i went to gunsmith and traded some parts in. the blue mods that came from the gunsmith engrams deleted/replaced the exotic engram.

traveler

Not Wario
Flashpoint being on Titan really highlights how shitty this planet is to explore.

It'd be an okay patrol zone for vanilla Destiny 1, but now compared to EDZ, Nessus and Io, it's really not up to par. Also Titan having just two public events (which never change) just makes it even worse.
It's tiny, outside environments are pretty ugly, and the couple of nice ones inside you've already seen through the campaign/strikes..

I largely agree, but I think the Arcology building itself, with its abandoned, Epcot like environment, is one of the more incredible locations in the game. I wish it was a bit easier to access and we had more to do there and in all the (non-Hive looking) tunnels below.

Frenden

Banned
its not impossible for them to go to postmaster, you're wrong. it didn't drop in the wild. it dropped as an event reward but my inventory (as in the max amount of engrams i can carry) was full so it went to postmaster. i went to gunsmith and traded some parts in. the blue mods that came from the gunsmith engrams deleted/replaced the exotic engram.
Maxing out the legendary engram bar and losing an exotic at the postmaster after the postmaster *also* fills up sounds like an edge case of edge cases.

I largely agree, but I think the Arcology building itself, with its abandoned, Epcot like environment, is one of the more incredible locations in the game. I wish it was a bit easier to access and we had more to do there and in all the (non-Hive looking) tunnels below.

Yeah it has some of the most interesting inside environments. But unless you've actively been avoiding Titan up until now - not paying attention to the campaign, not doing strikes - you've already seen these several times and the game is giving you no reason to go back to them.

It needed to be twice as big for actual exploration, or to be a location that's only used for the campaign.

As it is now, it's been two days since the reset and I'm already bored of Titan, which hadn't happened with the two previous locations.

Titan sucks, but at least the Public Events there are the fastest to farm.

Could have been a bug, but when I went back with my second character for flashpoint the events were taking a LONG time to appear. Like, wait five minutes between each one.

Anyway we're only in the third week, I don't feel the need to farm public events yet, I like to stumble on them through exploration, except there's none of that on Titan.

TsuWave

Maxing out the legendary engram bar and losing an exotic at the postmaster after the postmaster *also* fills up sounds like an edge case of edge cases.

irrelevant. some people farm. exotics or even legendaries being replaced by blues at the postmaster is dumb.

Dalek

5y6575756.gif

lol

Lakitu

st5fu
I might be crazy but I thought I saw that there would be a public event in the Festering Halls on Titan in the strategy guide. It's very unfortunate that entire area is not being used during patrol events. Would have made for a fantastic dreadnaught like environment.

hydruxo

They really should've found a way to put the Arcology in the middle of the map or something. I mean it's massive so this probably wasn't doable but it sucks you never really have any reason to go there in the patrol.

CLBridges

I like Titan, but can understand why some don't. I hope it's one of the areas they expand upon in the coming years/expansions.

My favorite play space is Io currently though. I don't mind grinding there trying to get the warlock armor set.

On another note, here's hoping the faction rally being introduced next week will be something noteworthy. I really hope it gives us the option to not just grind rep, but to purchase items directly...with legendary shards. We need another outlet of spending these outside of Xur.

phen0m24

Every single request I've seen for raids has another request that people already know the raid. Is there anyone willing to take new people to it?

Edit: apart from the post a few above mine lol

I am willing to wager that before terribly long, our own resident Super Sherpa, Hawkian, will start up the Noobie Raids in Destiny 2. My very first raid was with him, my son's first raid was with him. You can also PM him about it. If you're on PSN, I honest to goodness can't recommend that experience highly enough.

exotic engrams at the postmaster should never be deleted/replaced by blue mods. stupid game.

100% agreement

Just opened a Caide's chest with zero loot, like... Really?

There is a timer on chests. If you open them too soon you get nada. Go do a Public Event and come back. :)

G-Bus

Banned
Yay, 269.

Feels like the only way to move up from here are milestones where the reward is "powerful gear" and getting the odd random exotic engram?

Does the raid drop luminous engrams?

Did anyone else absolutely hate the Dreadnaught?
I like the idea of a giant ship to explore, but the Dreadnaught was just really bland.

I loved the Dreadnaught. In spirit it was close to the areas in Destiny 2 : awesome art direction and full of secrets that made it fun to explore.

Looking back though, man we did settle for the shittiest activities. I sank a lot of hours in the Court of Oryx, which was barely a glorified public event in a frickin tiny area. Thank God we've got so much more to do now.

Also the Dreadnaught had a much better raid than Leviathan

Yay, 269.

Does the raid drop luminous engrams?

Do you mean bright engrams ?

You only get those when you level up. Or, well, spend real world money.

Had a really good night tonight, was stuck between 275-277 but managed to get up to 285 by the end.

Definitely need to try the raid next, that and trials are the only thing left to do.

Karl2177

"Kill 40 enemies in the New Pacific Arcology"

I'm missing something. Is there a specific spot on Titan that I have to get these kills?

chekhonte

Finally breached 260 PL. I'm a little worried about the raid. It'll be my first and it sound like a royal pain in the ass and not particularly fun. How does one go about getting friends to play destiny with?

"Kill 40 enemies in the New Pacific Arcology"

I'm missing something. Is there a specific spot on Titan that I have to get these kills?

I did the quests for sloanne(sp?) and got it. It's the series of quests that have archology in the title and end with the methane power generator. It seemed random when that number goes up but on the last portion of that quest I went from 15% too 100%

Top Bottom