• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

5y6575756.gif

this shit is too funny :lol

Attempted some of the raid with a friend and some randoms last night
and they were having the hardest time with the stealth that I just finally gave up spotting for them after about two hours. It's like, the hounds have the exact same patrol route each time and yet, without fail, one or two of the pollen-carriers would split from the group randomly and get spotted after the first or second flower.

It was the worst.

Balphon

"Kill 40 enemies in the New Pacific Arcology"

I'm missing something. Is there a specific spot on Titan that I have to get these kills?

It will essentially only count kills in deeper interior areas, which as far as I know amount to the Solarium, the areas beyond it, and a few of the lost sectors.

Dthomp

How about we address people leaving games midmatch ASAP? Because it's bullshit and in this stupid 4x4 world it's an L 90% of the time. This stuff needs to be nipped in the bud with bans, starting at 24hrs for so many in a day leading to weeks/etc...

Hyun Sai

How about we address people leaving games midmatch ASAP? Because it's bullshit and in this stupid 4x4 world it's an L 90% of the time. This stuff needs to be nipped in the bud with bans, starting at 24hrs for so many in a day leading to weeks/etc...

The fact that companies are so tolerant toward rage quitters is the most baffling thing of this gen so far.

Trakan

They tried that in Reach and it did nothing.

R0ckman

I've never left personally but eh who cares, pvp isn't that great in this, I guess people figure they can get into a more fun match faster by leaving and queuing up again, though they miss out on loot, I think its worth it to just stay honestly.

Perineum

I was 276 light two days ago and am 290 today. Thanks to the reset and hitting 280 finally to get attachments, the jump was extremely fast.

Did the NF with my usual guys, and we got it first try with over 4 mins to spare. We didn't cheese him either. Just staggered our ults for the boss, had shotties for our heavy weapon, used the warlock heal pool to keep alive. We did all die at one point on him, and made sure to respawn all at same time so we didn't go run in one by one to die.

Tomorrow I may try the prestige variant just to mess with it. Do you get separate rewards for doing a prestige NF ?

Dthomp

The fact that companies are so tolerant toward rage quitters is the most baffling thing of this gen so far.

I agree fully, I kid you not I just had my 3rd straight PVP match where somebody quit halfway through (2 of these were close-ish), and these modes do not work 3-4 it turns into a bloodbath. I am all for major bans, you take away these kids PVP for a week and maybe they'll take the 3 minutes to play it out versus worrying about their stupid K/D like a tool.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone doing raid on ps4?

Looking for people who've done it before.

Did it once before, so I understand the general idea. Might need maybe a quick refresh just once, but yeah.

G-Bus

Banned
I hate Crucible but I hate these fucks who refuse to pick up crests even more.

I've seen this a lot and I'm dumbfounded. Seems really obvious you have to pick those up.

Funny when you go up against a team that clearly doesn't get how to use their radar. Spent the whole match behind them just slaying.

Syntsui

Holy shit, getting out of the 285 power level is a gigantic pain in the ass. Every single exotic I drop is for an useless part.

I absolutely need an Exotic Energy Auto Rifle drop, or at least any fucking Energy Exotic Weapon.

Dez_

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of the Quickplay or Competitive options only. I should be able to pick Clash or Control if I want to and not leave it up to RNG.

PvP is also really difficult to play as a solo player. While I don't mind the lower TTK that much, combining it with very slow cool downs and health regen can make for a pretty frustrating time. Winning one match out of ten frequently feels pretty bad.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Holy shit, getting out of the 285 power level is a gigantic pain in the ass. Every single exotic I drop is for an useless part.

I absolutely need an Exotic Energy Auto Rifle drop, or at least any fucking Energy Exotic Weapon.

Stop right now. I went through this just last week. Was at 285 on Friday and after 15 hours of playing over the weekend and into monday, I got a total of two exotic drops and zero over my light level. Did not progress at all.

Jumped from 285 to 292 on Tuesday. Bungie just want us playing on Tuesdays. they have rendered every other part of their game useless.

Syntsui

Stop right now. I went through this just last week. Was at 285 on Friday and after 15 hours of playing over the weekend and into monday, I got a total of two exotic drops and zero over my light level. Did not progress at all.

Jumped from 285 to 292 on Tuesday. Bungie just want us playing on Tuesdays. they have rendered every other part of their game useless.
Lmao, who knows. I did make a huge jump on Power Level on Tuesday, but that was totally because of the Luminous Engrams.

Dthomp

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of the Quickplay or Competitive options only. I should be able to pick Clash or Control if I want to and not leave it up to RNG.

PvP is also really difficult to play as a solo player. While I don't mind the lower TTK that much, combining it with very slow cool downs and health regen can make for a pretty frustrating time. Winning one match out of ten frequently feels pretty bad.

lol TTK has never been faster, this forced slower pace of game with team shooting has you dying much quicker then a one on one gunfight in D1 (outside of 1hk guns of course).

Mindlog

Those 15 hours in an alt would have jumped your LL considerably. The guaranteed exotics are key to LL jumps early for me. My alts were wearing blues with higher LL than my main. Having alts on Tuesdays also means multiple opportunities for weapon LL jumps that again increase LL for all your characters.

Not a huge fan of the system, but the alt route seems the most efficient.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I agree fully, I kid you not I just had my 3rd straight PVP match where somebody quit halfway through (2 of these were close-ish), and these modes do not work 3-4 it turns into a bloodbath. I am all for major bans, you take away these kids PVP for a week and maybe they'll take the 3 minutes to play it out versus worrying about their stupid K/D like a tool.

lol its a video game. you cant ban people from playing if they arent having fun. i used to be a big cod guy and in some games when you go 0-10 in a span of 60 seconds you either quit or risk making a big hole in your tv.

We all agree the Destiny pvp is at the very least not fun in its current state. I dont know how i feel about punishing people for Bungie's problems.

Here is how i would fix the problem of rage quitters.
- Bring Mercy Rule early in the game. let's not wait till they get 30 kills ffs.
- Shorter games. Games take far too long. A round shouldnt take more than 5 minutes. CoD rounds take 5-8minutes they are a 6v6 affairs.
- Add three of coins back to the game so people are more inclined to suffer through the game at the chance of an exotic drop.
- Give powerplay to the team that loses a player. 3v4? Sure. We get a stat boost until someone joins.
- Fix your fucking matchmaking so you can find one out of the 1.3 MILLION people online at the moment.

Those 15 hours in an alt would have jumped your LL considerably. The guaranteed exotics are key to LL jumps early for me. My alts were wearing blues with higher LL than my main. Having alts on Tuesdays also means multiple opportunities for weapon LL jumps that again increase LL for all your characters.

Not a huge fan of the system, but the alt route seems the most efficient.
Yes. i thought about that BUT it has to be the same class. No thanks. I loved leveling up my alts in Destiny 1. But not letting us infuse armors of other classes is just another ridiculous decision by Bungie.

MrDaravon

I got what I believe is my 8th Sunspot tonight. EIGHTH. Ignoring Exotics I bought from Xur and specific quest rewards (Gravitron Lance, MIDA etc) I have found 19 exotic engrams total. 11 + 8 Sunspots. No dupes on anything else.

RNG gonna RNG, but this is actually ridiculous and is almost the final straw. I'm starting to believe the people who are saying they're getting way too many dupes and something is up.

This happens to me all of the goddamn time and saw it in both locations. In my head canon the bird is hardcore UNCE UNCE UNCE

Dthomp

Here is how i would fix the problem of rage quitters.
- Bring Mercy Rule early in the game. let's not wait till they get 30 kills ffs.
- Shorter games. Games take far too long. A round shouldnt take more than 5 minutes. CoD rounds take 5-8minutes they are a 6v6 affairs.
- Add three of coins back to the game so people are more inclined to suffer through the game at the chance of an exotic drop.
- Give powerplay to the team that loses a player. 3v4? Sure. We get a stat boost until someone joins.
- Fix your fucking matchmaking so you can find one out of the 1.3 MILLION people online at the moment.

Couple solid points, because yes the mercy rule is completely bonked and needs to kick in sooner for sure. Seen some crazy 70-18 matches...like how do you come back from that?

-Game length? I think that's fine honestly

-3oC aren't super needed as you tend to get an exotic 1 out of every 15-20 matches as is as end of game reward, but since the games drops and power creep are insane there'd be no reason to wait on a 3oC procing when you can just do a handful of Heroic Public Events and get one (this is a whole other problem entirely in the game)

-I like the powerplay idea, especially since it seems like there is rarely a time where a 4th is added to the match and by the time they are you've been team stomped a couple times over

-Matchmaking is a MAJOR problem in the crucible right now, I just got to play a team with 3 dudes together who had been to the lighthouse? 5 times each...why on earth is a guy with a 1.0 KD lifetime in the same thought as highly skilled players?

edukate

Infusion question. Got a raid helmet at 300 for my hunter- but was thinking of infusing it into my dead end helmet @ 285. Will it infuse up to 300? no mods on either helm...

Nameless

That yellow eyed fuck Rahool gave me the shittiest Warlock exotic (Lunafaction Boots) my last two engrams. I will go out of my way to take my shit to Tyra Karn from now on instead of that smug bastard. Shame he didn't die in the Tower attack.

I got what I believe is my 8th Sunspot tonight. EIGHTH. Ignoring Exotics I bought from Xur and specific quest rewards (Gravitron Lance, MIDA etc) I have found 19 exotic engrams total. 11 + 8 Sunspots. No dupes on anything else.

RNG gonna RNG, but this is actually ridiculous and is almost the final straw. I'm starting to believe the people who are saying they're getting way too many dupes and something is up.

It does make you wonder. I can totally believe that with a million people making a million rolls, someone is bound to get unlucky and get an unusual streak of bad rolls.

That said, the existence of a bug causing more dupes than intended is entirely possible. D2 is by no means a perfect game.

Matchmaking is a MAJOR problem in the crucible right now, I just got to play a team with 3 dudes together who had been to the lighthouse? 5 times each...why on earth is a guy with a 1.0 KD lifetime in the same thought as highly skilled players?

Case in point, apparently PVP matchmaking is bugged at the moment.

Anecdotally, I haven't had the same experience with dupes though.

Uff duh

Banned
Looking for a raid group on PSN 302 hunter. PSN Uff_duh. I am an Experienced raid runner as well.

That yellow eyed fuck Rahool gave me the shittiest Warlock exotic (Lunafaction Boots) my last two engrams. I will go out of my way to take my shit to Tyra Karn from now on instead of that smug bastard. Shame he didn't die in the Tower attack.

I was thinking the same thing! Lol

darthbob

It does make you wonder. I can totally believe that with a million people making a million rolls, someone is bound to get unlucky and get an unusual streak of bad rolls.

That said, the existence of a bug causing more dupes than intended is entirely possible. D2 is by no means a perfect game.

Case in point, apparently PVP matchmaking is bugged at the moment.

Anecdotally, I haven't had the same experience with dupes though.

How long did it take Bungie to recognize that the New Monarchy ship drop, Comitatus was bugged? I think it was like, if you had the Dead Orbit ship the game's smart loot considered Comitatus unlocked and just refused to drop it.

Took like an entire year+ to get that one fixed... :/

Top Bottom