• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Freeman76

I cant believe it only took me 2 weeks to see all this game has to offer. Well done Bungie/Activision, you got me waiting for DLC AGAIN!

Nameless

Never understood the hate for crucible, I always have fun with it. I have good games and bad games but it's always fun.

Hopefully gonna try leviathan tomorrow as I have the day off work. Hoping I have some luck and get a good auto to fuse with my main but we shall see.

I was never a big fan of Halo's multiplayer either, but it gave you a ton of options and the map design was another level compared to what Bungie is doing now. They've also never gotten balancing right with Destiny. PvP & PvE have had this weird, destructive, co-dependent relationship in D1 and now D2. It would be best for all involved if they parted ways.

TsuWave

It's a big game made by a big company in an emerging genre. Wont be long before something comes along that does it better.

man i hope so, i have this hate love relationship with destiny, and at this point i'm really just waiting for someone to make a better destiny.

Jblanks

The other things you mentioned were very small and nitpicky.
I didn't mention those for that reason.

I'm not seeing a whole lot to ask for from D1 to this game. Some of the changes were design decisions and I'm enjoying the new take a lot more than I expected.

Most weren't nitpicky though. Having a heroic strike playlist with each strike having unique gear and separating crucible game modes into their own playlists is definitely not nitpicky. These things should've been in the game at launch; it's always 2 steps forward and 1 step back with Bungie.

Most weren't nitpicky though. Having a heroic strike playlist with each strike having unique gear and separating crucible game modes into their own playlists is definitely not nitpicky. These things should've been in the game at launch; it's always 2 steps forward and 1 step back with Bungie.

I also dont believe wanting a feature from the previous installment is picky :p

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
No. They patched that out. A new character of the same class will get the same level of awards as the original.

A new character of a different class will see the LL benefit though.

no, alt characters of the same class will not receive milestone gear that improves overall PL.

OMFG then how are people getting to 300LL?

Also, what's up with the "floor is lava" Easter Egg in the tower? :p

man i hope so, i have this hate love relationship with destiny, and at this point i'm really just waiting for someone to make a better destiny.

If Destiny 3 isn't a tremendous overhaul - to the extent that it's designed as a competitor to Destiny 2 - then I'm out lol. A game with an insanely repetitive formula bare minimum needs some vanity and cool guns to shoot. I haven't even used a single Sniper Rifle in the game and that makes me sad. I literally used to grind Crucible for sniper drops and blow hundreds of motes reforging them. Now I have a vault full of guns that might be cool, but not cooler than a rocket launcher. SMH

Ramirez

It's too long range which means you're at a disadvantage if you're not using scout rifles pretty much. Also, countdown forces people to be tryhards and I hate it.

You're at a disadvantage on any map/game mode if you're not running MIDA. Not exclusive to Eternity or Countdown, lol.

Try hards is a stupid term that needs to die, trying to paint your opponent in a negative light because they want to win is silly.

CREMSteve

Getting good RNG, completing the raid and having good RNG on drops, completing Trials...
I'm at 297 (maybe 298, can't remember) and I haven't beaten the raid and haven't tried trials. Did Nightfall once last week.

Just do the weekly milestones and farm public events for exotic drops is quite effective. Clan engrams are honestly the best drop in the game. Nothing beats logging on and having powerful engrams just waiting for me!

You're at a disadvantage on any map/game mode if you're not running MIDA. Not exclusive to Eternity or Countdown, lol.

Try hards is a stupid term that needs to die, trying to paint your opponent in a negative light because they want to win is silly.

Everybody wants to win. That’s not the definition.

Lukemon

Persistence, but luck too. I went in hard first two weeks and am sitting just shy of 300 after some unlucky repeat drops, but my brother (who has been playing a lot less) hit 295 today with luck on his side. If your good drops all go into slots where your gear is weaker, you go up faster. Class item is a nightmare, as there's not even an Exotic you can burn into it - you just have to get one as a Powerful drop or sit in a hole until you do.

I'm at 297 (maybe 298, can't remember) and I haven't beaten the raid and haven't tried trials. Did Nightfall once last week.

Just do the weekly milestones and farm public events for exotic drops is quite effective.

Farming the public events falls under "good RNG" though. It's grinding until you get good drops.

CREMSteve

Farming the public events falls under "good RNG" though. It's grinding until you get good drops.
Sure, but that's the least impactful aspect of what I described. I've maybe gotten two or three exotic engram drops in the few weeks I've been playing. Not a huge contributing factor at all. The weekly milestones, both solo and clan types are the key to progress.

It's also sad how many blues I had dismantled before I realized that mods weren't factored into infusion. >.<

neoism

yes

Only Exotics, Milestones as well as Trials&Raid gear will drop above your LL at this point. Rest will drop at non-Modded highest power -5 (so if everything is modded, at highest LL-10)
It's really sucks in a way I know your not supposed to get all milestones in a day bungie thinks it's enough for 3-4 but if you do it sucks just playing for tokens you have to save for Tuesday..&#128529;

Bungie puts waaaaay to much time gated farming in... Just let fools play the shit out yo games if they have the time and will

gattsu

I'm enjoying the crucible. More than I expected. No lag or latency issues yet either.
Yeah, me too. Waited until I hit all my soft caps before powerful engrams to dive in, and have most of the meta guns right now. I honestly have to say I'm having an incredibly fun time. I'll forgive the limited modes for just this launch window, but the actual gunplay is incredibly solid. Competitive is SO fun. I absolutely adore that mode when I can convince my friends to jump in with me. Dual primaries works out way better than I thought, and power ammo feels more streamlined and smart.

Destiny needs more CS: GO type competitive ranking or long form, push and pull match types, to me. I love slowly taking rounds back and forth, neck and neck with another team. And the whole teamshotting "problem" isn't necessarily a problem to me, but a strategic feature. When everything clicks, it CLICKS. I love it. Here's to hoping our small but dedicated community will get the comp crucible support we want! Halo always did a fantastic job, and they never quite hit the same stride in D1.

Rainmaker

Banned
First day since release where I haven't played any Destiny at all. I'm just out of stuff to do that'll consistently level me up. I'd love to be playing!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
If Destiny 3 isn't a tremendous overhaul - to the extent that it's designed as a competitor to Destiny 2 - then I'm out lol. A game with an insanely repetitive formula bare minimum needs some vanity and cool guns to shoot. I haven't even used a single Sniper Rifle in the game and that makes me sad. I literally used to grind Crucible for sniper drops and blow hundreds of motes reforging them. Now I have a vault full of guns that might be cool, but not cooler than a rocket launcher. SMH

This are my feelings too.

Obviously I'm not a high level player like yourself (I've seen your videos, you showoff!), but the recycling of Exotics, the minimal changes to the weapon system and subclasses...

This is not Destiny times two.

It really is 1.5.

I want more customization options: mixes of the three races (Awoken-Exo, etc), a much more indepth character creator (and a campaign that makes use of it), exotic armor forging quests a la Witcher...

And ditch the mini hub world bullshit.

It's far too repetitive and the reliance on layering and corridors makes it feel truncated and disorienting. It actually reminds me of a Motorstorm track. Lol

Just a big-ish map with multiple lanes. I think the art style suffers because of it at times.

Bungie needs to revamp their engine to facilitate real open worlds.

Taking everything they've learned so far into account, Destiny 3 has to be the true start of the MMO.

shermas

I know it's not cool to say, but I like the D2 crucible more than the first. I wish the post game loot drops were a little more robust (even more shaxx tokens would be fine) and the timer almost always ends matches before the score..

BUT, the longer TTK is cool, the smaller groups are cool. I don't care for that map with the giant jump things (the crossroads tubes), but I like the others. Also, I was a shit tier sniper in D1, so I don't mind the power ammo changes, but I can see why good snipers are salty.

zewone

Separate playlists I don't agree with. There was pitiful population and long times in between matches of the more unpopular gametypes. While I wouldn't mind removing Control from Quickplay, I prefer the change. It keeps things fresh with game types switching up (and D1 did the same thing in year 3 by the way).

Strike exclusive gear is cool. Something I can agree on bringing over.

Regardless, the things being asked to brought over from D1 are a bit exaggerated in this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249582276&postcount=9503

Sure, but that's the least impactful aspect of what I described. I've maybe gotten two or three exotic engram drops in the few weeks I've been playing. Not a huge contributing factor at all. The weekly milestones, both solo and clan types are the key to progress.

It's also sad how many blues I had dismantled before I realized that mods weren't factored into infusion. >.<

I see. I didn't factor Clan stuff in as I don't have one, so I just didn't think about it. Weekly Milestones boost light but it's still pretty slow.

Just let fools play the shit out yo games if they have the time and will

Eh.. positives and negatives. Letting people advance quickly by putting a ton of time in game creates an environment where those types are considered the norm. It can result in unhealthy amounts of time being expected.

And it leads to people maxing out fast then complaining there's nothing to do.

BiGBoSSMk23

Persistence, but luck too. I went in hard first two weeks and am sitting just shy of 300 after some unlucky repeat drops, but my brother (who has been playing a lot less) hit 295 today with luck on his side. If your good drops all go into slots where your gear is weaker, you go up faster. Class item is a nightmare, as there's not even an Exotic you can burn into it - you just have to get one as a Powerful drop or sit in a hole until you do.

I hear ya.

I miss the FWC Titan Towel. Lol

Although the FWC Hunter Cloak was fucking amazing.

Makes me wonder, which class did Bungie sort of intend to go with what specific faction?

I always thought:

Zavala = Awoken = Arach Jalal = Dead Orbit
Cayde = Exo = Lakshmi = FWC
Ikora = Human = Exec Hideo = New Monarchy

But then again, Dead Orbit are the foragers of the frontier, sooooooo... Hunter?

And Titans are the city walls defenders, so New Monarchy?

And Warlocks are the philosophical types so the Cult fits...

I'm curious to see how it pans out this time.

nOoblet16

So true on the sniper rifle part.
I haven't even touched on, and I used to love collecting them in D1.

Snipers don't do enough damage on their own for a single target weapon and don't get enough ammo for the damage they do to be in heavy slot. Why should I not pick a Rocket launcher, Fusion Rifle or even Grenade Launcher? Not to mention every single one of them feels shit to use. Where's my Shortgaze/Ambush? Where's my Injection Mold/Quickdraw? The DARCI an exotic sniper rifle has an exotic perk that gives you....more aim assist and does more damage to highlights targets. Those are the exotic perk lul

Exotics in particular got shafted hard this time around. I like exotics because they are OP and OP stuff makes me feel powerful and fulfills my power fantasy. You can only equip on exotic at a time and yet they are all so tame in comparison.

I mean look at this shit, this is suppose to be an exotic perk on hunter boots...smh
JPEG_20170920_172531.jpg

Lee

Huh? Countdown is the best PvP mode in Destiny now. It actually forces people to move because just killing the team is not the only way to win.

If you think countdown makes people tryhards, just wait until Trials Survival.

Yeah, camping your spawn and headglitching with Mida as a team just waiting for someone to peak around the corner. Can't wait. Countdown is pretty great.

zewone

So true on the sniper rifle part.
I haven't even touched on, and I used to love collecting them in D1.

Snipers don't do enough damage on their own for a single target weapon and don't get enough ammo for the damage they do to be in heavy slot. Why should I not pick a Rocket launcher, Fusion Rifle or even Grenade Launcher? Not to mention every single one of them feels shit to use. Where's my Shortgaze/Ambush? Where's my Injection Mold/Quickdraw? The DARCI an exotic sniper rifle has an exotic perk that gives you....more aim assist and does more damage to highlights targets. Those are the exotic perk lul

Exotics in particular got shafted hard this time around. I like exotics because they are OP and OP stuff makes me feel powerful and fulfills my power fantasy. You can only equip on exotic at a time and yet they are all so tame in comparison.

I mean look at this shit, this is suppose to be an exotic perk on hunter boots...smh

Lame perks aren't exclusive to Destiny 2.

Y6R81wWl.jpg

jviggy43

This week's nightfall is probably the worst piece of content thats been put out for this franchise. I beat it with two characters and tried running some friends through on my third. Got the boss down to 1/4 life with 2 minutes left. Dude didn't reappear until the last 20 seconds.

BiGBoSSMk23

So just to be clear on the Mod infusion shit:

They're a one time use thing, so say I have a chest piece that's modded with a legendary +5 Defense and it's lower Power than a new drop with another +5 Defense.

I infuse my current modded lower power piece with the higher modded piece... do they stack? Cancel each other out? What?

I'm actually quite confused as to what matters regarding mods.

There was a time I infused an exotic with a legendary of higher power and the exotic ended up with a higher power than the legendary.

f@luS

More than a member.

Also, what's up with the "floor is lava" Easter Egg in the tower? :p
I’m at 303 and I was « late » the first week as I didn’t understood the milestone. Finished the all too early around 200 something so it was wasted. Finished first week’around 260. 2nd Week around 292-3 with all exotic quest (3) raid and milestone. After reset this week by Wednesday I was 303 (milestone + raid ). No alt nothing

Will probably hit 305 next week. Gotta say I am kinda lucky with rng. I have all exotic weapon but 4 ( and one is from the quest arms dealer I need to finish ). A lot of exotic armor and got the full raid set (5) in two raid with no duplicates

All in all the BEST way without cheesing or so to level up are the exotic quest

If you’re 265 they give u +15 weapon (280). As such you’ll be around 267-8 but all your drops will be higher by 2/3 level the same way. Repeat for two other exotic and ill be around 272-273 when you finish them. And once you hit 280 it’s modding time

Lukemon

I hear ya.

I miss the FWC Titan Towel. Lol

Haha just as I miss the Exotic DO Titan mark. Don't think I took that shit off from the moment I got it.

Raid seems pretty kind with class item drops, so it's actually one of my higher slots now, luckily - been busy since reset but should easily break 300 after a few Milestones over the weekend, RNG permitting.

But yeah, keen to see where they go with the Faction Rally thing. Fingers crossed it's not just another set of vendors that drop random stuff at current PL. Noticed earlier that the stave on the Clan Banner item in the inventory has a mod slot, so guessing Faction stuff will be linked to that somehow...

Top Bottom