• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

darthbob

Why do people like Dead Orbit so much? I keep hearing people say that's everyone favorite. I didn't play Destiny 1 so I need some context.

I, and many others, desired a black shader back in D1. We didn't have many shader choices back then, mostly I just rocked Thunderdevil, but man I really wanted those cool Dead Orbit shaders like Revenant.

Trakan

yeah... I mean at this point I can never go back to the D1 way. Find a gun you like, know immediately that the gun is worthwhile versus just the version of it with the perks you randomly got. Hear a gun recommended to you, know that when it drops for you it's the gun.You don't have to worry about whether or not you got the perfect edge case that you need to be able to compete/contribute as well as everyone else, you just need the weapon.

At this point I'd say I'm out if they reintroduce D1 perk rolls or any kind of perks variants of guns that are not player deterministic in some way. The idea that an additional layer of RNG, on top of the RNG you are relying on to get the drop, was beneficial to the play experience is baffling to me, and honestly just illustrates really well the spectrum of opinions that form around a project like this and how it will be impossible to make everyone happy no matter what they do.

The system works in theory if every weapon is a nameless midnight or curtain call. Otherwise you're still doing the same thing except your chasing 1 out of 10 rocket launchers instead of 1 out of 10 perks. There are so many shitty guns in the game.

I mean.. I'll admit that I'd rather have the Dead Orbit scout rifle... but New Monarchy had a sidearm that was beastly in D1.

Did they? I remember everyone using the Wormwood which was a Future War Cult sidearm. In fact, FWC has had consistently good to great weapons these past few years.

Wormwood, Wail, Villainy, Vanity, Vacancy, Warpath

The regularity with which the game crashes is really pissing me off. How is this acceptable?

My PS4 (NOTE: NOT PRO) error history is 99% Destiny 2 related now.

Trakan

I'm having a blast with my friends in both pve and pvp.

I didn't want a complete overhaul of Destiny. I wanted better, more streamlined, more rewarding Destiny. That's what they delivered.

Yeah but imagine you were playing an actual new subclass based on a new element, fighting a new race of enemies on your new playable race tiger man character or fallen vandal.

At least that has some use and is unique.
Lucky Pant's "exotic perk" is literally a common perk that you used to find on legendary weapons in D1.

Mechaneer's tricksleeves might take the cake for worst exotic. What the hell were they thinking?

Razorskin

----- ------
I like the New Monarchy look but don't like sidearms. Will still go with them and pay extra for whatever gun wins if necessary

Mechaneer's tricksleeves might take the cake for worst exotic. What the hell were they thinking?

Dont they have the same perk? Just for different weapons??

In D1 and D2 hunters consistently have the worst exotics. Aside from a small number of standouts most of them have always seemed relatively useless

Laputa_94

Anyone looking to do a fresh raid? I have yet to try it I have a 271 Hunter as of right now. My psn account is cooldude44444

Edit: Currently have 3 people

Zereta

The creativity on the Faction Rally is disappointing. That said, this is a loot game and I want that loot. Gotta pick between FWC and New Monarchy for my Warlock. We'll see.

Bungie, please play with mechanics and stuff for future events. Don't be afraid to dramatically change the way people interact with the game world with these events.

Kyne

everyone forgetting that the best Hung Jury was a DO rifle lol.

2RUfDY1.jpg

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
The shader stuff is starting to get to me as if you apply a shader to a piece of gear it should always be selectable from that point on. You should be able to switch to a new one and then back to the other one without having to acquire another shader of that same type. And that should go for every piece of gear in the game.

Having to reacquire the same shader you once had applied just because you wanted to change the shader for the time being is just absurd.

Yep, it's garbage. This should be brought up to Bungie every chance we get. I can't use/enjoy shaders as long as they remain one time consumables that are destroyed when I apply a new one.

The regularity with which the game crashes is really pissing me off. How is this acceptable?

My PS4 (NOTE: NOT PRO) error history is 99% Destiny 2 related now.

I honestly think I crash more often when loading into the social space then I successfully load into it.

Alucrid

Banned
They do appear to be re-skins. That DO scout rifle looks just like the Call to Serve, for instance.

yeah that's why i'm hoping that the stats or perks are at least different even if the models are the same. i also hope that the faction thing is per character

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
That Faction Rally is a real disappointment. This is supposed to be an event? It's just doing what we normally do while an arbitrary global number ticks up in the background. And we all already know that Dead Orbit is going to win.

Was hoping this would be a counter to what Iron Banner is for Crucible, and provide something different for PvE. People have been asking for a PvE event on rotation since Queen's Wrath showed up and then was never heard from again.

Why do people like Dead Orbit so much? I keep hearing people say that's everyone favorite. I didn't play Destiny 1 so I need some context.

People like their boring colors for some reason.

hydruxo

FWC has the ugliest color scheme ever, I'll never go with them lol.

I stuck with DO in D1 because the shaders were the best and the weapons were great too (Hung Jury in particular). NM probably has the best looking gear overall though.

Owensboro

Anyone want to do the Nightfall? It's the only damn strike I've never done, and I think I've done 30+. I've gotten the stupid beta strike 10 times!

Edit: PS4! I really need to learn to post that.

neoism

So guys has bungie released all of the "thing" "skulls" not sure what they call them in d2

But I wish they would make a heroic strike list with random "skulls" on each time would be a cool way the give it replay

br3wnor

Definitely doing New Monarchy for the plume Titan helm, will suck paying $50,000 for the scout rifle (when DO inevitably wins) but glimmer is pretty easy to come by.

Super glad I never touched D1 because this faction thing seems super cool and I don’t mind having more reasons to grind.

Wow. Just beat the raid. Fight took us an hour and a half, and it was such a rush when we won.

Finding the raid more and more enjoyable the more I play it.

Top Bottom