• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I'd like to know why I got ghosted by my raid group from two nights ago.

One guy bailed at Calus and the team disbanded.

I still haven't beaten this damn raid and so far all I've gotten is leg armor plus tokens.

Sticking with your teammates is not how you win any team game like this. It's never been.

You watch different angles and position yourself in a way to support your teammates. Success in Destiny 2 is based on which team is better at wall glitching and rotating, not which team can hold hands better.

Unless you're playing a bad map like Endless Vale or Altar of Flame and just spawn flipping.

I mean.. wall glitching/head glitching and rotating is definitely more of higher-level-than-average presence of mind.. but yes. Simple awareness and positioning being enough for average players to overcome pack swarming is what I was getting at.

Looking at and considering PvP play at the average player level point of view is really the most relevant way to consider it, since that's what's going to determine if it's a success or failure. Being great for high level play only goes so far.

I like crucible in Destiny 2. It's fun, even more so than in Destiny 1. However like in Destiny 1 Trials is just a horrendous experience for anyone who's not in a complete team of min-maxing try-hards.

Pleasure Grounds

I can't tell if my DPS has went through the roof, or if they've changed something about the Dogs HP. I seem to be cutting through them even with only x12 buffs, compared to last night where it was a real effort to slice them down.

demonkaze

Looking for some tips for the boss of the nightfall. Me and my team get there fine on time but can't seem to take the boss down. Any suggestions or what abilities/guns help?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is the recruitment tab in the destiny app useless or what?

Nobody is answering...

Hoodbury

Looking for some tips for the boss of the nightfall. Me and my team get there fine on time but can't seem to take the boss down. Any suggestions or what abilities/guns help?

My group just stayed on the right platform for as much as we could. There is no electricity there and just damage the boss as much as you can with heavy + supers and maintain add control. Kite the boss around the pillar in the middle of that right platform if he's chasing you.

hydruxo

I also agree with 4v4 not being ideal.

I like it when it works, but expecting randoms to stick around all the time is just nuts, people leave constantly.

They had it perfect in D1 imo.

3v3 sweaty mode.
3v3 non-sweaty mode.
6v6 modes.
6v6 chaos modes.

Just admit you've fucked up Bungie and revert PvP back, or at least give us the option to choose for ourselves, like, y'know, every other game including D1.

Yep. Hello me.

Agreed. I mean the ammo and weapon type changes already make it less chaotic. So there's really no need to do 4v4 across the board. Giving us less options is silly.

demonkaze

My group just stayed on the right platform for as much as we could. There is no electricity there and just damage the boss as much as you can with heavy + supers and maintain add control. Kite the boss around the pillar in the middle of that right platform if he's chasing you.

What supers are the best to go for?

jviggy43

20-30 minute wait times for guided games was unacceptable back in 2004 Bungie. Just implement a fucking matchmaking system like jesus.

Asking again:

A little help - for some reason everything I am finding is power level of 266 - no higher, no lower.

What types of missions or tasks should I be doing to find better gear?

Or is that just the normal level drop now, and it's super rare for higher items? Other than my exotics I'm struggling to get higher.

Hoodbury

Asking again:

A little help - for some reason everything I am finding is power level of 266 - no higher, no lower.

Or is that just the normal level drop now, and it's super rare for higher items? Other than my exotics I'm struggling to get higher.

If you have any power level milestones left those will bump you up or the blue exotic quests you get after the campaign. Otherwise do activities that pile up rep for one faction and turn in for legendary engrams. What you'll want to look for is legendary engrams that have a +5 mod in them. Once you have those, infuse other items into that item and it'll continue to raise your power level. Even if you don't like that item, don't worry about it, you still need to use them to raise your overall best power level.

Hoodbury

What supers are the best to go for?

What classes are your group? I'm not an expert on dps numbers per super. I would recommend rocket launchers for your power weapon. You don't need a high rate of fire for that slot because the boss moves a lot and goes invisible so you don't want to waste heavy ammo from missing a shot. So just get a good rocket in his direction as much as you can.

For supers, whatever is best for single target dps I guess. Wouldn't hurt if they have a lasting effect to take out adds either.

I'm a titan and the smash worked well as I could hit both the boss and leave a damage field that cleared out some adds.

gattsu

Are Public Events the only efficient grinding method? I'm getting kind of tired of doing them.
Lost sectors, adventures, strikes all work. People say "save your tokens until you're 260!" But I say screw it, turn them in while you're powerleveling. Anything that drops blues, do it. Which is everything. Then, when you're around 260-265, feel free to turn in the weekly powerful quests/cayde chests to bump you over the 265 soft cap.

It will go by faster than you realize.

Not letting Titans and Warlocks use kinetic counterbalance mods on their class items like Hunter can is some BS, man. Holding back my Sweet Business build :(

Just got Hard light. Is it worth it to keep it around for the rotating elements or should I just feed it to my Uriel's Gift?

It has some uses. The lack of range drop off actually does come in handy, and can actually mean it outperforms other autos at certain ranges, though the bullets bouncing off walls never really pays off.

If you need the Power tho, you can always get it back from the collection.

TheBear

It is a real fucking bummer that I can't do the campaign offline. My internet is on the fritz and I can barely play this. It's pretty fucking good when I do play it though

BiGBoSSMk23

Need one for a fresh raid. Anyone want to come along? We already beat it today but one guy wasn't able to come we're doing it again.

Add me on PSN.

Same name.

Trials has so many issues but man to me it is still the most fun thing to do in Destiny. Going for flawless is just a really fun experience. Especially if you have a team who doesn't rage and just plays. Could play trials all day.

20-30 minute wait times for guided games was unacceptable back in 2004 Bungie. Just implement a fucking matchmaking system like jesus.

I feel like they need to just make a server browser, let people set their fire teams to public and set what they are up to do for the browser. All you have to do is open then filter and find a group looking for the activities you want to do.

HMD

They removed all individual skill from Trials, it's all about that Teamwork™. They're trying to be Overwatch without putting half the effort Blizzard puts into OW.

GhaleonEB

That, um, episode has been removed from the forum. If someone starts harassing/being a dick like that please don't engage, just PM a mod.

Carry on.

RoKKeR

My buddy and I on Xbox are looking to get an intro to the raid later tonight. He's 285 and I'm 273 so we're kinda right in the zone where we want to at least give it a shot. Any groups on Xbox looking for a few first timers for the Raid later? Probably will be back at it in an hour or so!

namabiiru

People that can't stay alive in the Throne Room or shoot their Psion in the Shadow Realm during the Callus fight are slowly starting to drive me insane. How many repeat failures do you need before you realize you're doing something wrong?

Is there a higher chance of getting legendaries in competitive, or nah?

Also, got a 293 Celestial Nitehawk, should I dump it into my 283 Foetracer?

gattsu

Asking again:

Weekly activities that give you "powerful" engrams. (Not "legendary", you want "powerful. They look very similar). Check out L2 when you're on the map screen.

1. Weekly flashpoint on a planet (just run around do pub events)
2. Weekly crucible milestone (play 10-12 matches usually)
3. Weekly Nightfall Milestone

Plus, nightfall drops are higher. And 100% pick up all of cayde'a treasure chests (just talk to him) each week and find them.

After all of that, if you still have free time, you can work on the post-story "blue icon" quests for each planet, which all end in exotic weapon drops, which scale very high. Good luck!

Pleasure Grounds

I can't tell if my DPS has went through the roof, or if they've changed something about the Dogs HP. I seem to be cutting through them even with only x12 buffs, compared to last night where it was a real effort to slice them down.

They are now 260 Power Level since it rotated this week. The trials go 260-270-280. So this week dogs are 260 not 270 like last week. A lot easier but baths is more difficult this week at 280 not 260.

Top Bottom