• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Fjordson

So I just hit max level and am 220 power level. Should I just keep doing strikes and public events to gear up? I know I should wait on the milestones and rep tokens until like 260 PL. What about Cayde's patrols or the adventure missions?

Hitting lvl 20 as a Destiny noob is a little overwhelming with all of the various activities that open up.

jviggy43

So I just hit max level and am 220 power level. Should I just keep doing strikes and public events to gear up? I know I should wait on the milestones and rep tokens until like 260 PL. What about Cayde's patrols or the adventure missions?

Hitting lvl 20 as a Destiny noob is a little overwhelming with all of the various activities that open up.
Public events. Never anything else. Quickest, easiest, and probably the most fun to do while giving you the best rewards. You can also do patrols while finishing public events to double up your gains. Additioanlly, start your exotic quests so you can finish them quicker by the time you get past 265.

Stillmatic

They are now 260 Power Level since it rotated this week. The trials go 260-270-280. So this week dogs are 260 not 270 like last week. A lot easier but baths is more difficult this week at 280 not 260.
Oh shit, is that really how the Raids work in D2? My clan is only just Raid ready now with 3 just at 260. Lucky we couldn't Raid this week otherwise we would've wasted our time just trying to do the first part. 😰

Oh shit, is that really how the Raids work in D2? My clan is only just Raid ready now with 3 just at 260. Lucky we couldn't Raid this week otherwise we would've wasted our time just trying to do the first part. 😰

Yep! That's why everyone is wrecking those dogs in one x48 or two rounds relatively easily. Next week they'll probably be last at 280 so it'll be the most "difficult" trial.

Destiny is totally not my thing, but my wife and her friend are currently looking for another player for a Nightfall strike. Would anyone on PS4 care to help them out? Just send a friend request to CorruptKitten on PSN. :)

Fjordson

Public events. Never anything else. Quickest, easiest, and probably the most fun to do while giving you the best rewards. You can also do patrols while finishing public events to double up your gains. Additioanlly, start your exotic quests so you can finish them quicker by the time you get past 265.
Cool, thanks for the tip.

Not sure I've seen the exotic quests. They're unlocked at 20 or is it a PL requirement?

Is there a "best" legendary energy weapon like there's a "best" legendary kinetic weapon? I need a Nameless Midnight equivalent for the energy slot. I love Sunshot but sometimes I need to equip Merciless or something else.

Stillmatic

Yep! That's why everyone is wrecking those dogs in one x48 or two rounds relatively easily. Next week they'll probably be last at 280 so it'll be the most "difficult" trial.
Nice, thanks for the info. Don't know how I missed this. Everyone in the clan should be levelled up next week, so we should hopefully be good for anything.

Lakitu

st5fu
Is there a "best" legendary energy weapon like there's a "best" legendary kinetic weapon? I need a Nameless Midnight equivalent for the energy slot. I love Sunshot but sometimes I need to equip Merciless or something else.

Uriel's Gift is fantastic, my favourite AR in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just decrypted The Prospector, been avoiding grenade launchers but what’s gafs opinion on this?
I like it but it's the only grenade launcher I've used, and when it bounces it feels like you've wasted everything lol

Wish I just got a good cluster Rocket Launcher already but it'll probably be a while given I'm in the 270+ grind now.

BondFancy

Will give it a chance cos I’m really not liking the Wardcliffe Coil at the moment
For me my heavy slots consist of:
Wardcliffe: strikes and public events (excluding nightfalls)
Merciless: All parts of raid (except Calus)
Curtain Call: Everywhere else (including PVP)

IMO:
Wardcliffe is great at large AOE dps which is common in strikes and public events. However, I wouldn’t bring it on the raid for fear of suicide and merciless has far better single target DPS which is useful at many instances in the raid. I’ve heard it’s great in PVP as well, however I prefer Mida for my exotic slot.

Floody

I really like Uriel's Gift or Prosecutor for my element slot. Nergal PR4 and Last Perdition are both good too.

For me my heavy slots consist of:
Wardcliffe: strikes and public events (excluding nightfalls)
Merciless: All parts of raid (except Calus)
Curtain Call: Everywhere else (including PVP)

IMO:
Wardcliffe is great at large AOE dps which is common in strikes and public events. However, I wouldn’t bring it on the raid for fear of suicide and merciless has far better single target DPS which is useful at many instances in the raid. I’ve heard it’s great in PVP as well, however I prefer Mida for my exotic slot.

I stay away from Merciless in PvP due to charge time. It's biggest advantage is faster charge gained by hitting enemies and not killing them. One shot should kill in PvP, meaning it's perk doesn't proc.

Barzul

Looking to raid....I just got the gear requirements 270 and want to get the reward for completing it. Plus it’s also required for one of my power weapon unlocks. So if anyone needs one more. PS4 - The Burning007. I’ll do my best to keep up, first Destiny game and loving it so far.

BondFancy

I stay away from Merciless in PvP due to charge time. It's biggest advantage is faster charge gained by hitting enemies and not killing them. One shot should kill in PvP, meaning it's perk doesn't proc.
I should’ve clarified what “it” referred to, should be Wardcliffe coil haha. I wouldn’t use Merciless in PVP for the same reasons you said.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Finally finished the Raid today. So happy!

Now let's see if I can play any Strikes other than Exodus Crash and Inverted Spire so I can check out all the content in the game LOL

Teggy

OK, I have a really dumb question. At some point (right after finishing the story, maybe?) chests and materials started appearing in the minimap. When did this happen and why?

LF1 for sweaty trials. :) PS4

Top of page - bring back Hawkmoon.

In general, I'd like to see a few returning exotics, it'd be neat to see how some of them do in the new game.

I want the Sleeper Stimulant back, and frankly with the Rasputin DLC, I wouldn't mind a whole weapon set in Warmind style.

Jblanks

Ouff matching up with a full fireteam clan with 9 flawless runs isn't fun I tell yea, especially when it happens twice in a row.

Teggy

either you bought caydes treasure maps or ghost can track mat 30 meters around you.

The treasure maps lead to a single chest - I only did that once. I’ll have to look at my ghost. Although the ghost you got early in the EDZ showed nearby chests in the HUD rather than on the minimap.

The treasure maps lead to a single chest - I only did that once. I’ll have to look at my ghost. Although the ghost you got early in the EDZ showed nearby chests in the HUD rather than on the minimap.

Cayde offers other maps that work for 4 (?) hours or so in locating chests on planets. There's also a Nightstalker spec that can do it iirc. And ghosts as well.

Top Bottom