• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Dynasty8

Well Gunsmith goes beyond 999 at least.

tqwOijo.png

That's good. Anyone know the max capacity of Legendary shards? I'm getting close to a thousand.

Killzig

I don't "get" The Wardcliff Coil...

It's so messy and imprecise

the range is shit, the only time it seems to be worth a good goddamn is when you have a mess of enemies in your face and there is lots of heavy ammo on the floor. e.g. the end of the heroic glimmer event. you'll still probably end up killing yourself.

Pastry

Banned
This is who I’ve got for Calus, gonna start sending invites really soon:

1) Pastry (PSN SpottieO)
2) Vic Viper (PSN Squadon)
3) Empty Space (PSN Destructive_Noob)
4) PSN Garryk03
5) Laputa_94 (PSN cooldude44444)
6) Carb0nFire

hollerphonix

Neo Member
This is who I’ve got for Calus, gonna start sending invites really soon:

1) Pastry (PSN SpottieO)
2) Vic Viper (PSN Squadon)
3) Empty Space (PSN Destructive_Noob)
4) PSN Garryk03
5) Laputa_94 (PSN cooldude44444)
6) Carb0nFire

If this trials thing doesn't happen and you need one lemme know I need to beat him
Psn jjate13

Koh

the range is shit, the only time it seems to be worth a good goddamn is when you have a mess of enemies in your face and there is lots of heavy ammo on the floor. e.g. the end of the heroic glimmer event. you'll still probably end up killing yourself.

Jump and carpet bomb the ground. It's so freaking fun.

Perineum

Finally beat the raid.

The big game changer on Calus for our group is that the Coldheart is not effective unless you get a LOT of stacks from skulls. Like if you are 90 deep in skulls you are set. We did WAY better with everyone rocking a Merciless. Like people went from 400k damage on a damage phase, to 800k doing this. We melted him in just 2 cycles.

Also from a lore standpoint can someone help me understand ?
So Ghaul was pointless AF. He was part of red legion which was a bunch of people who betrayed the emperor. They help off the speaker apparently, and made the Traveler blows its load to kill Ghaul and alert the darkness of where it is. So now Calus, he is the emperor of the actual original Cabal Empire. He rides a giant space worm for a ship and feeds it planets. Is the worm dead? He invites you to be entertained by you on his ship. You find out once you beat him that it wasn't him, but simply a robot version which he has thousands of within the Leviathan under his throne room. He says something eerie like you are on the wrong side of this fight. Is the traveller and our use of his light making us the bad guys? I'm confused by what D2's initial story has set up.

traveler

Not Wario
I used the Wardcliff Coil a bit and kinda liked it, but then SPUD earned me a Sins of the Past from the Raid engram this week and I haven't looked back since infusing it. Pretty sure Sins is a better aoe rocket launcher and Wardcliff's whole point is AOE over reliability. Just doesnt have a place for me anymore. Sure does look sweet though.

I used the Wardcliff Coil a bit and kinda liked it, but then SPUD earned me a Sins of the Past from the Raid engram this week and I haven't looked back since infusing it. Pretty sure Sins is a better aoe rocket launcher and Wardcliff's whole point is AOE over reliability. Just doesnt have a place for me anymore. Sure does look sweet though.

this! best rocket launcher in the game imo!

Dineren

Banned
For a shared world game I seem to do a lot of public events solo...

You've probably seen this tip before, but if you fast travel to the nearest point often times you'll be loaded into an instance with more people. Not always convenient, but it works.

pantsmith

Finally beat the raid.

The big game changer on Calus for our group is that the Coldheart is not effective unless you get a LOT of stacks from skulls. Like if you are 90 deep in skulls you are set. We did WAY better with everyone rocking a Merciless. Like people went from 400k damage on a damage phase, to 800k doing this. We melted him in just 2 cycles.

Also from a lore standpoint can someone help me understand ?
So Ghaul was pointless AF. He was part of red legion which was a bunch of people who betrayed the emperor. They help off the speaker apparently, and made the Traveler blows its load to kill Ghaul and alert the darkness of where it is. So now Calus, he is the emperor of the actual original Cabal Empire. He rides a giant space worm for a ship and feeds it planets. Is the worm dead? He invites you to be entertained by you on his ship. You find out once you beat him that it wasn't him, but simply a robot version which he has thousands of within the Leviathan under his throne room. He says something eerie like you are on the wrong side of this fight. Is the traveller and our use of his light making us the bad guys? I'm confused by what D2's initial story has set up.

Yeah, thats the gist of it.

Its heavily implied through the lore tabs that he saw The Darkness proper out in space somewhere, and seems to be won over by it. Hes testing Guardians because we helped him out (by killing Ghaul), wants to make us assets he can use, and it sounds like he wants us to play for “the winning team” when the Darkness comes.

The collector’s edition also implies hes made a pact with an Ahamkara (bad news).

It awaits to be seen where this leads, but the whole rais was just a formality - we didn’t kill him, and it sounds like Ghaul and the Consul couldn’t either. My hunch is because he is some kind of psychic entity (which would legitimize his claims of being a god) who “lives” through his robo avatars.

Also we learned through a concept art dump the Leviathan is based on Dune-esque worms on thhe Cabal home planet. Pretty cool!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You've probably seen this tip before, but if you fast travel to the nearest point often times you'll be loaded into an instance with more people. Not always convenient, but it works.

This is what I do every time, and I've never had a solo PE.

Top Bottom