• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Joeku

I still have yet to do the Nightfall. Got in a guided game a couple nights ago but it was a janky mess. Anyone willing to bring me on? 264 Hunter on PS4.

Edit: Also, can anyone PM me the Discord link? Getting nothing out of the OP.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
What's the quickest way to get the subclass item to drop?

I read somewhere it's from PE's but I'm not sure how trustworthy those sites are.

I don't feel like grinding the story twice just to get the trophies.

ramyeon

What's the quickest way to get the subclass item to drop?

I read somewhere it's from PE's but I'm not sure how trustworthy those sites are.

I don't feel like grinding the story twice just to get the trophies.
Public Events but they drop after reaching a certain level. First drops after reaching level 7 and I think the second is around level 15.

BLCKATK

Valakadyn is basically Perseverance with a different final perk, and it can drop from Asher Mir on Io. He also has other Veist weapons in his loot-table.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Valakadyn

I think you can get the two you are asking about from gunsmith rank ups or legendary engrams.

You can get them from random legendary engrams, apart from the specific vendor engrams.

Best way would be to inspect the rank up package of each vendor to see who has those on offer, then you can dedicate your time to doing activities on that planet for the tokens.

Thanks guys. I already have Valakadyn so I'm looking for it's possibly better counterpart, was trying to see how I could narrow down my search. For now I'm just saving up on Gunsmith Materials and ranking him up when I see it in the loot table. Honestly anytime I've previewed Rewards from the Gunsmith, it hasn't seemed to have any effect on the drops that I get (I could get something that wasn't on the list) so I was trying to find an alternative. I'll just keep saving though!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Public Events but they drop after reaching a certain level. First drops after reaching level 7 and I think the second is around level 15.

Christ.

I'm level 16 and have yet to see one.

traveler

Not Wario
Had no idea there were semi unique class swords. I thought everything had the same uppercut move, so I trashed my titan one without really paying attention. :(

Any way to get the Crown Splitter other than rerolling a character to titan to quest for it?

BLCKATK

Had no idea there were semi unique class swords. I thought everything had the same uppercut move, so I trashed my titan one without really paying attention. :(

Any way to get the Crown Splitter other than rerolling a character to titan to quest for it?

Low chance but it can come from an legendary engram opened by a Titan.

Dalek

I feel like playing my Crucible Milestone every week is like eating my vegetables to get my Powerful Gear for desert. It’s fucking torture.

ramyeon

I feel like playing my Crucible Milestone every week is like eating my vegetables to get my Powerful Gear for desert. It's fucking torture.
I honestly enjoyed it up until this week.

The meta just gets worse and worse with every week though. It was all sweaty 3/4 stacks with MIDA this week. It's everywhere now.

outsida

Camping is worse in the crucible, pub stomping is worse in the crucible, baiting is worse in the crucible. I don't understand what bungie thought they were accomplishing with these changes. It's way less fun to play in its current state.

The bulk of the exotics are just a tad too unexciting to me. I do like the idea of exotics being "different" rather than "strictly better", but most of the effects just feel a bit bland. I'd like to see them pursue heavy tradeoffs, where the positive effects are big and bold, but there's a real tradeoff to using them so they each have very specific niches they're good in.

To hold up an ideal example, I think Touch of Malice was a beautiful design- from the quest to obtain it, to the lore and aesthetics, to the exotic effect itself. To date, my favorite Exotic Bungie has created. A+

In D2, exotics I like, though not quite to the same extent, are Sweet Business, Riskrunner, (which is probably a more fair take on the powerful Zhalo) Coldheart, and Merciless. (which IS a niche weapon, despite its power. Not great at clearing adds or particularly noteworthy in Crucible- really just a boss shredder) Haven't tried Acrius yet but it looks like fun.

Sunshot is one of the best PVE weapons, by far the best handcannon, but it's utter shit in PVP.

It's so fun and effective to use, slick design too.

traveler

Not Wario
Oh yeah- I like Sunshot too. I also feel Fatebringer was worthy of the exotic standard/restriction, so putting Sunshot there was the right move.

DLWc-NxUIAAyDEv

I love the way war cult camo looks on the sovereign set

You need to spend skill points in your 1st subclass to get the second to drop. If I am not mistaken 6 points is enough.

Same for the 2nd so the 3th drops.

Unless this is a change Bungie introduced later, I don't think it's necessary. I got all classes on my hunter main and I didn't spell a single point until I had all subclasses and enough points to max them out.

Raybunny

Did Prestige with three hunters and got another pair of boots when I just needed gloves.

Another week as 304.

Bungie...

Lucky you just need gloves. You can farm exitics for a chance. Many are stuck with the cloaks, marks or bonds at 304 hindering their levels. Not that it really matters after 300.

Does anyone actually enjoy the Countdown game mode? It's trash.

It's my favourite of the bunch honestly. My only experience with FPS PvP that I really sunk any time into was CS:S so the split between team elimination and the objective is something that fun has been wrapped around. I still haven't put much time into D2 PvP as with three characters there's been enough PvE to entertain me, but whenever I've played I've wanted it to be Countdown.

Bold One

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. I guess perhaps thats why I found year 1 in D1 the most fun. The fuckery that was going on then, the stingy drops, the cheese...really was all a ton of fun.
You lot have a warped definition of 'fun'. Year 1 Destiny was an arduous time vampire, it's taken playing D2 to realise just how unrewarding D1 was.

To those who miss that, you can go back to it. D2 isn't perfect but it's leaps and bounds more fun.

Lucky you just need gloves. You can farm exitics for a chance. Many are stuck with the cloaks, marks or bonds at 304 hindering their levels. Not that it really matters after 300.

I'm sitting at light level 299.9 just missing a chest piece and was doing a few public events last week since I had used up all my other milestones. Last one before I hop off and I get an exotic engram, turns out to be Crest of Alpha Lupi.

At 299.

Absolute kick in the nuts.

Much thanks to the two groups of fine guardians yesterday who helped carry me to completion of the Leviathan raid on my Hunter and Warlock.

Still suck at Pleasure Gardens though. =P

KiDdYoNe

Once again, me and astropoff are looking for 1 person to do Trials on regular basis. We're not proffesionals or something, but we can hold our own and understand that Trials are Trials. You can't just straight up rush on your own and get the game. We have another friend who can play with us on regular basis.

We are looking for someone to try Trials on weekends. Requirements are not high - we'll learn together. Just don't run on your own, know basics of D2 PVP and have a positive KD.
Also - all 3 of us are from EU. So probably best that 4th person lives in similar timezone.

PS4, send PM if interested.

Orpheus Rigs do not exist, they are a myth, they are a lie.

I know that feeling. I've got a shitload of exotic engrams drop for me without grinding all that much and they've decrypted into shit I don't need. :(
I think I'll probably sacrifice a goat or two once I get back home.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I know that feeling. I've got a shitload of exotic engrams drop for me without grinding all that much and they've decrypted into shit I don't need. :(
I think I'll probably sacrifice a goat or two once I get back home.

Make sure the sacrifice is Kosher/Halal for Good Fortune, if not, might get the Pagan/Lucifer Wombo Combo of Bad Luck +7

I'm drowning in Mechaneer's Tricksleeves. What did I do to deserve this terrible fate, Bungie?

You weren't readying your sidearms. SMARTLOOT came to save the day

Reached 265 PL. What should I do now to get higher?

It's all there in the OT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248285663&postcount=9914

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248289269&postcount=9963

Make sure the sacrifice is Kosher/Halal for Good Fortune, if not, might get the Pagan/Lucifer Wombo Combo of Bad Luck +7

Then it's a good thing I'm in Dubai and not my own country right now. Let's just hope RNGesus blesses his followers all across the globe.

Reached 265 PL. What should I do now to get higher?

Weekly activities like Flashpoints, Nightfalls, Call to Arms, and Trials (if endgame PvP is your thing, of course) should be on your list to do

And if you're in a clan, you can do a mix of public events and Crucible to complete it

Top Bottom