• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hey GAF, maybe you could help me on this. I'm trying to track down two specific legendary weapons.

Perseverance, a legendary Viest auto-rifle.

And

Black Scorpion 49R (I think?), a legendary Viest Scout-rifle.

Do these only come from the Gunsmith? Or are they on other loot-tables as well, like a certain planet?

Thanks for any help you could give.

Valakadyn is basically Perseverance with a different final perk, and it can drop from Asher Mir on Io. He also has other Veist weapons in his loot-table.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Valakadyn

I think you can get the two you are asking about from gunsmith rank ups or legendary engrams.

Hey GAF, maybe you could help me on this. I'm trying to track down two specific legendary weapons.

Perseverance, a legendary Viest auto-rifle.

And

Black Scorpion 49R (I think?), a legendary Viest Scout-rifle.

Do these only come from the Gunsmith? Or are they on other loot-tables as well, like a certain planet?

Thanks for any help you could give.

You can get them from random legendary engrams, apart from the specific vendor engrams.

Best way would be to inspect the rank up package of each vendor to see who has those on offer, then you can dedicate your time to doing activities on that planet for the tokens.

Dalek

Dude fuck this whole timed Nightfall. Twice we were close to beating it and time ran out. One time it glitched and we couldn't destroy one of the crystals.

Yeah I tried it earlier today once and we got the boss down to about 1/3 health when time ran out-and we had max time from the Anomalies too.

v1perz53

You know, coming from Destiny 1 one of the strangest things to me about Destiny 2 is how little your actual character matters. In D1, levelling your subclasses took effort and a lot of quests and whatnot were character specific.

Conversely, in Destiny 2 if I were to swap to shitty gear in all slots, throw all my current stuff in my vault and delete my current character, I would lose almost noting. Just ~6 hours to finish the campaign then another 1-2 hours to unlock stuff, reequip my old gear and my new character is basically fully caught up. Honestly with the added bonus of resetting all your weekly "stuff to do" and all your exotic quests, it is almost worth it to delete/remake your character if you finish all your weekly stuff early and have plenty of time in the coming week...

I'm convinced class items don't come out of the powerful engrams tied to milestones. Three weeks and not a single one for any of my characters.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm convinced class items don't come out of the powerful engrams tied to milestones. Three weeks and not a single one for any of my characters.

Took me 5 weeks to get my Warlock the Bond from Hawthorne via Engram

I started Warlock first, it came in last to hit 305

That RNG mistress can be cruel

Also,

S M A R T L O O T
M
A
R
T
L
O
O
T

Took me 5 weeks to get my Warlock the Bond from Hawthorne via Engram

I started Warlock first, it came in last to hit 305

That RNG mistress can be cruel

Also,

S M A R T L O O T
M
A
R
T
L
O
O
T

Smart loot indeed.

It's literally the only thing holding me back and has been for three weeks now on all of my characters. #Forever304

Every engram gave me bond this reset.

EVERY ONE.

R
N
G

giphy.gif

v1perz53

How often does Devrim sell the MIDA Mini-Tool @ 300 (once you're 305)? Every couple hours?

Once you're 305 every vendor's engram or gear they sell randomly changes from 295 to 300 every 30 min. You just check every 30 min and hope, it is always random. The only non-random element is that it can never be the same number two segments in a row, so each time you have a 1 in 5 shot of it being 300 next (as far as I've read). There are websites that track that stuff, don't know them offhand.

AaronMT86

Once you're 305 every vendor's engram or gear they sell randomly changes from 295 to 300 every 30 min. You just check every 30 min and hope, it is always random. The only non-random element is that it can never be the same number two segments in a row, so each time you have a 1 in 5 shot of it being 300 next (as far as I've read). There are websites that track that stuff, don't know them offhand.

Found it https://vendorengrams.xyz thanks

If your 300-304 will the exotic weapon quests like mida drop at 305 when you turn them in? (Not rebuying but the quest) I could redo them on my alts but I don't want to till they will drop at 305.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spending more time using keys than actual raid. It's like doing a fetch quest. This gets old after the first week.

MechDX

Can anyone tell me how to get to Caydes chest thia week that is in the far upper right section of the EDZ map? On the map its the Dark Forest?

AaronMT86

Can anyone tell me how to get to Caydes chest thia week that is in the far upper right section of the EDZ map? On the map its the Dark Forest?

Head to the Gulch, and head north until you find the Cabal tunnels, go through until you find an open area in the tunnels with a bridge and you'll see the chest near some large fans on the right

Crucible, is by far one of the worst aspects of the game atm. It just isn't fun to solo queue. It is honestly a waste of time, I would rather sit in the corner and spin around.

They either need to add solo queue to the game or pull grps out of quickplay. Why are you rolling a 4 grp into quickplay anyways, oh wait you just want to curb stomp casuals. I forgot. Way to drive people away from touching pvp.

You, 75 hours, 1 Guardian

Me 300+, 3 Guardians PL 305, and I'm so bored waiting for more content that I create my own content by doing these insane things

I'm an outlier and on the insane side of the Destiny Spectrum

If you farm 5000 Faction Tokens in a week, then you can join in us at the edge of the abyss
Until then you got nothing to worry about
Haha this is too funny. You aren't alone as I've "lost" friends to Destiny.

I guess you don't play much Crucible? I could see playing that way in PvE (though I enjoy the metagame of finding the "best" guns personally), but in PvP some guns are just SO MUCH better than others that it is just an exercise in frustration trying to use things that are worse. Like honestly, as much as I hate using it swapping to MIDA/Uriels ends up with me getting at minimum 1.5-2x kills than using other random stuff because those guns simply kill a guardian from full health faster than other guns do.

Otherwise I think your playstyle is the silent majority. Much like how people who eat at a restaurant, think it is fine and go home don't leave yelp reviews while someone who has an awful time does, people who play like you are just much less likely to be talking about stuff cause everything is fine for them.
Wow I could probably use some tips on PVP guns then. Only played Cruciable at first for gear then I was pleasantly surprised by it. Really had a good time in the first week and couldn't believe my results (I'm an older gamer) as I finished top of my team as a solo a lot. I return for some fun in week 2 and 3 after release and forget it. Probably a few factors there but is my lack of knowledge of the guns costing me in PVP?
God I remember playing BF4 and friends asking me every other week "What are you running with now?" and I'd give the same answer. Same gun as release week.
I grew up with Pong. =|

If your 300-304 will the exotic weapon quests like mida drop at 305 when you turn them in? (Not rebuying but the quest) I could redo them on my alts but I don't want to till they will drop at 305.

Yes, you didn't even have to wait till 300, as it usually drops 10+ PL higher than your max PL.

You could have gotten a 304-305 Mida at 290+

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I got to lvl 300 yesterday on clan engrams and one milestone. Still to do clan xp, nightfall, and crucible milestones. Should hopefully manage 302/303 this week.

I feel like it's required little effort to get this far but I'm not complaining. I just remember being so overwhelmed and worried I'd not be able to get this far. Hell, I didn't expect to get to ~270.

I will do it a bit more efficiently on PC but everyone was posting walls of text on how to lvl up. Do this! Do that! Yeah lol I just played at my own pace and how I wanted and I'm sure this is much more fun than following a guide.

Mindlog

I'm finally half decent when stacking skulls in the raid.
Key for me: Stop aiming.

Smart loot actually gave me the last piece I needed for my last character to hit 305. I never asked for this. Thanks Silvard and team.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I’m aware the consensus seems to be that exotics in D2 are pretty lame and there’s no really desirable ones (The Last Word, Ghallajhorn, Mythoclast, VoG legendaries from early D1 come to mind),

But I have two questions for you all.

1) What are the best exotics? Armor and weapons.

And also...

2) Why do you think Bungie made them all so tame? There’s a certain element of desire to obtain overly powerful weapons that’s just missing from this game. I remember running strikes for hours on end in D1 hoping Last Word would drop (and Nightfall’s too, obviously). Did they go overboard in making the game so accessible that they couldn’t afford to put great weapons in the game? Or did they just miss the boat in design this time?

Razorskin

----- ------
2) Why do you think Bungie made them all so tame? There’s a certain element of desire to obtain overly powerful weapons that’s just missing from this game. I remember running strikes for hours on end in D1 hoping Last Word would drop (and Nightfall’s too, obviously). Did they go overboard in making the game so accessible that they couldn’t afford to put great weapons in the game? Or did they just miss the boat in design this time?
Probably in an effort to balance pvp

I’m aware the consensus seems to be that exotics in D2 are pretty lame and there’s no really desirable ones (The Last Word, Ghallajhorn, Mythoclast, VoG legendaries from early D1 come to mind),

But I have two questions for you all.

1) What are the best exotics? Armor and weapons.

And also...

I think bungie wanted to make it so there was no must-have exotic like Gjallarhorn.

Instead each exotic is good at one thing. Prospector for soloing raid chests, wardcliff for soloing majors or public events (but not boss damage), MIDA for making people salty in crucible, and so on.

daedalius

Pretty sure I hate the gauntlet with a fiery passion, everything else in the raid is ok tho.

However, I think the other raids in d1 are better overall.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think bungie wanted to make it so there was no must-have exotic like Gjallarhorn.

Instead each exotic is good at one thing. Prospector for soloing raid chests, wardcliff for soloing majors or public events (but not boss damage), MIDA for making people salty in crucible, and so on.

I think it's this more than anything. The exotics are different in 2 but still very fun in their own right. When you find the proper situation and loadout for them they can be devastating or just plain fun. I find myself switching up loadouts more in 2 than I did in 1 because there's fewer options for every situation.

traveler

Not Wario
The bulk of the exotics are just a tad too unexciting to me. I do like the idea of exotics being "different" rather than "strictly better", but most of the effects just feel a bit bland. I'd like to see them pursue heavy tradeoffs, where the positive effects are big and bold, but there's a real tradeoff to using them so they each have very specific niches they're good in.

To hold up an ideal example, I think Touch of Malice was a beautiful design- from the quest to obtain it, to the lore and aesthetics, to the exotic effect itself. To date, my favorite Exotic Bungie has created. A+

In D2, exotics I like, though not quite to the same extent, are Sweet Business, Riskrunner, (which is probably a more fair take on the powerful Zhalo) Coldheart, and Merciless. (which IS a niche weapon, despite its power. Not great at clearing adds or particularly noteworthy in Crucible- really just a boss shredder) Haven't tried Acrius yet but it looks like fun.

Silvard

Does anyone else need to finish the NF on PS4? Me and a friend are looking for one, we've already done it once and know where most of the anomalies are.

Top Bottom